Clocks on the Dream

Katy P.

Aboard your cabin on the Dream, how do you keep track of the time differences in each country especially if your travelling through the baltics? Is there a clock on the TV screen that would show the current local time in each city? Thank you for any info. :)

Aboard your cabin on the Dream, how do you keep track of the time differences in each country especially if your travelling through the baltics? Is there a clock on the TV screen that would show the current local time in each city? Thank you for any info. :)

No, there wasn't last month while sailing in the Caribbean on the Dream.

Why are so many concerned about time? The ship can only be in one time zone at a time. The Freestyle Daily will keep you informed when to set your clocks forward or back to stay on ship's time. Ship's time isn't always the same as the time in each port city. So keeping current of the time in each port city is a waste of time.

The only clock I can recall ever seeing on any cruise I've taken is the one out by the pool. I guess that's so we'll know when we are hungry!?!

We changed our watches eight times when we cruised the Panama Canal. Just ready your daily that they give you the night before and adjust your watches.

Don't worry; it'll all be fine. Have a great cruise!

Shay

On last year's Baltics cruise the Dream's time was in line with that of the countries visited. You leave Dover on British Summer Time (GMT + 1 hour) and St Petersburg (furthest east port) is 3 hours ahead of that.

I have a hard time keeping up with three or four time zones. I am on the correct ships time when we start, and whenever we change at night I stay on ships time. When we are in a port of call anywhere, whether the time is correct or not, I stay on ships time. The ship will leave at a certain time and if I stay on ships time I won't miss it.

The times I am interested in pn shore days are:

wake up, go on excursion, rerturn to ship or last tender, and ship departure. All of these times are on ships time, the shore doesn't matter.

Archived