Denali Lodge

corkyhead

We are taking a cruise tour in Alaska. I cannot find any info on the lodge in Denali. Any info would be helpful as we wil be there for 2 days. Is there more than one restaurant, can we have a drink before our meal. Is there things to do if we don't book an excursion. None of HAL sites give any info on the time at the lodge itself.

Thanks, Corkyhead

Also very interested about this, we're also going to be there for 2 nights and my Mother is concerned about what the dining options will be like. She's not sure if we should book excursions with meals as it will be easier, or not.

I wish I could remember details about times, etc. but I can say that you will enjoy your stay at Hal's Denali Lodge. It is lovely---in the woods, very quiet, but close to many things you might want to do there. Across the street from the Lodge entrance were several small shops, restaurants, a grocery store, a wonderful Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) theater. We loved doing this one evening---since you can't see the lights live during the summer, this theater gives a great show. Also, there is someone who answers questions after the show--it was very informative and very enjoyable. They also have a gift shop with great books, pictures, etc.

We did eat at the Lodge when we arrived, the food was good but I don't remember the hours they are open. We ate at a little cafe across the street that was very good, and had supper the first night at a restaurant at the top of the hill across the road from the Lodge (can't remember the name but it was excellent.) In fact when we called to see if we needed reservations, they not only told us what time to come, they came down in a van and picked us up so we wouldn't have to walk up the hill! There were 10 of us and we all enjoyed it (except that it was smoky inside).

If you check on the Alaska forum, you can probably get the names and times of everything you are looking for. Hope this helps a bit.

Archived