The Pool Area

bigfoot88

As I read the reviews of other people I see that there are different takes on the food, the entertainment, and the crews, but there is one thing that everybody seems to agree on, “The pool area is a problem”.

In several reviews of the Dawn I have read, and I have seen it during my past cruises on the Spirit and Majesty, you can’t get a seat at the pool unless you get there early in the morning. People save seats for their family and friends with a towel for hours on end. The crew doesn’t seem to do anything.

Is there anything noted in the pool area or in the “Freestyle Daily” that asks guest to respect the other cruisers and not to hold a pool chair for hours?

As I read the reviews of other people I see that there are different takes on the food, the entertainment, and the crews, but there is one thing that everybody seems to agree on, “The pool area is a problem”.

In several reviews of the Dawn I have read, and I have seen it during my past cruises on the Spirit and Majesty, you can’t get a seat at the pool unless you get there early in the morning. People save seats for their family and friends with a towel for hours on end. The crew doesn’t seem to do anything.

Is there anything noted in the pool area or in the “Freestyle Daily” that asks guest to respect the other cruisers and not to hold a pool chair for hours?

If you walk on the pool deck of the Dawn, there are 24 square inches signs mounted on the walls just outside the actual pool that say( in essence) "You are to remove towels from unused chairs after 30 minutes. " Staff refuses to enforce this NCL policy.

The Jan 7th sailing was the worst in our total of 13 sailings with NCL

Sy

If you walk on the pool deck of the Dawn, there are 24 square inches signs mounted on the walls just outside the actual pool that say( in essence) "You are to remove towels from unused chairs after 30 minutes. " Staff refuses to enforce this NCL policy.

The Jan 7th sailing was the worst in our total of 13 sailings with NCL

Sy

Unfortuantely 2000 passengers cannot use the pool and the lounges at the same time. Therefore, you see the ugly human nature of the chair hogs.

Its really sick, but what can NCL do about it? It is impossible to please everyone. It is also impossible for one or two NCL chair cops to enforce every infraction. Sadly there aren't even one chair cop.

Read the threads about chair hogs. Anytime there is a precieved shortage of anything in the world, people will horde.

I saw a couple come out one moring on the Jewel and preceed to lay down and, tie brightly colored beach towels to about 25 chairs at 6:30 am (they must have had "towel" duty that morning) About 9am I was walking by again and still, it was just the two of them there and all those covered chairs, when a family came up to them and asked them to remove the towels from the 4chairs closest to the pool, that they wanted them, and no one was sitting in them. The towel couple looked shocked but did remove them. I didn't see official signs though.

Yes, I am bringing my own chair for the pool....it collapses and I can sling it over my shoulder. Then when I go up to pool side I can sit in my own chair and not be bothered with everyone's rud:mad: ness.

Archived