Bringing wine on board

mspink98

Question from DH...

According to what I've been reading lately, wine can be brought on board as long as RCCL does not offer that particular wine on their list. Has anyone had luck with that recently? Did you have to "sneak" it on, or not? We like a particular variety and year ('97 Chianti)-if they have a '97 Chianti, from a different vineyand than our bottle, will we get stopped upon boarding?

If you were able to bring your own onboard, were you able to enjoy it in your cabin, or only in the dining room at dinner? We'd like to bring two bottles, one for the cabin and one for dinner (which we'd gladly pay a corkage fee for)?

Thoughts? Advice?

Unless they have changed the rules in the last month or so, you cannot bring wine "legally" on to RCCI.

You can bring wine on to Celebrity, but you must pay a corkage fee to drink it in the dining room or bars ($25 per bottle).

RCI's policy is NO ALCOHOL is to be brought onboard. That includes wine!! They have changed all their rules regarding bringing wine and any other kind of alcohol.

I asked if wine that my TA sent me could be brought to the dining room and I was told by CS that wine sent by an agent can only be for your room unless it was sent to the dining room by the agent. My agent said she isn't allowed to send to the dining room. She sent us a bottle of wine and I asked the headwaiter if I could bring it to the dining room. I told him it was purchased from RCI thru Gifts N Gear and he said as long as it was their brand I could. If it was NOT, I couldn't bring it and that was that. This was on Mariner in November.

I have heard though from others that they had wine sent to them from an outside vendor and they took it to the dining room and didn't pay a corkage fee. Personally, to me it isn't worth the hassle of trying to bring my own wine to the dining room and the possibility of having them take it away from me until the last night. I don't smuggle wine and don't plan to start now.

If you have any doubt about the alcohol policy, go to the website and put in Alcohol policy in the search box on faq's. I wish we were still allowed to bring on our own wine. But, it's their rule and their bottom line they are concerned with, so I follow the rules.

Katie

Archived