Spa Message Nude or Clothed? HELP

Gloryguy

Hello all,

well I may get a lot of bashing for this but I need an answer. I have never gotten a professional massage before. Can anyone tell me, do you strip down to wearing nothing or am I supposed to keep my underpants on.

I don't want to look stupid either way so I was hoping someone could clarify this for me!

Hi there

That's not a stupid question.......but one that we all think about when we have our first massage! The answer is.........take everything off. You will be give a large towel.....actually...the massage table is set-up like a bed.......with bottome and top sheet/towel. The masseuse will often say to you.......you can take off everything or keep on your underclothes....but with any massage, they use oil, etc........and it's just best to have everything off.

They keep you covered, except for the areas that are being worked on. I am very modest.....yet have always felt comfortable during a massage. When you turn over........you do so "under the covers".....so you are not exposed.

**TIP** On embarkation day.......we were on our way up to the Lido Deck for lunch....it was about 12:45pm. We were on the Pride.....and we passed the Spa on our way. A staff member was standing there asking for "models" for the Spa tours later that afternoon. Well...that was my lucky day! I signed up for the "Lava stone massage"........and at 2:00pm......returned to the spa. I laid on my stomach......with my face placed in the "holder"......my back was "exposed".......and rec'd a FREE massage.....while groups of people walked through the spa to see the facilities!!! I felt totally anonymous.........laying on my stomach............no one could see the top of my head......and they certainly weren't going to see that much of my back again! LOL

This treatment usually goes for $175......while I "only" had my back and neck massaged (not whole body)......what a wonderful treat!!!! I gave her a $20 tip (which she didn't want to accept).......and felt like I had a great start to the trip.

Hello all,

well I may get a lot of bashing for this but I need an answer. I have never gotten a professional massage before. Can anyone tell me, do you strip down to wearing nothing or am I supposed to keep my underpants on.

I don't want to look stupid either way so I was hoping someone could clarify this for me!

Why on earth would you get flamed for this? I'd say you're supposed to loose the undies.

Why on earth would you get flamed for this? I'd say you're supposed to loose the undies.

To each his own but IMO, you are correct. The sheet will cover you and unless you choose to show the therapist something, they won't see a thing! ;)

To each his own but IMO, you are correct. The sheet will cover you and unless you choose to show the therapist something, they won't see a thing! ;)

After rereading that I meant to say "lose" them. Definitely go commando.

Alrighty then...

perhaps I should just go ahead and notify the AUTHORITIES...lol

seems this thread is ripe for termination with monz and dog around... :D

... everyone should post on the POLL of FAVORITE CRUISE LENGTH!

(but in response to the OP question... You will only have a SHEET on - on CARNIVAL at any rate)

Tom

I had always received professional massages at home for years, because of a bad back. Many times whether or not you may remove your underwear or panties, if receiving a massage from someone of the opposite sex, depends on the establishments rules.

About twenty five years ago, we used to go to a health and racquetball club on the north shore of LI. The management required men to wear some kind of undergarment with the masseuse. She gave the best massage I'd ever had, and she had her own private practice. So I started using her there rather than at the club. There it was birthday suit. Frankly wearing underwear during a massage DETRACTS from the experience.

As previous posters mentioned, you are under a sheet which is exposed and covered in sequence depending on what part of the body is being massaged.

(The object is to keep your body warm and to allow the oils being used to penetrate.)

This then became true at massages I received at other clubs. (I always prefer massueses, not because they are women, they simply seem to give a better more even massage then the men I've used.)

Thus, I was annoyed when last year on the NCL SUN, the masseuse INSISTED I leave on my underwear. Her massage was also lousy. Very perfunctory, and way overpriced. The clothing left on were the house rules.

I get massages quite a lot. Go with whatever makes YOU comfortable. I usually go as nature intended but sometime wear underpants when it's, you know...(girl thing). They use sheets, & there's probably nothing they haven't already seen yet anyway!

you know, i'm surprised that the cruise lines would make you wear clothes... i thought it was only us americans that had a problem separating nudity and sex...

two of my best friends (female) are LMT's so i get messaged probably once or twice a month... never thought about going any other way than nude... they encourage all of their clients to go nude as well and all do according to them... one works solo and another has her own business where she employees 8 other LMT's...

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

This is not a dumb question at all...my hubby got me a massage for my birthday last year, my first... on the way to the massage room my masseuse asked if I wanted to have my gluts massaged, I was like "huh?" haha! :D She said "you know your butt", I was like "heck yea!", I know how much my DH paid for this and I wanted the full meal deal! haha I did go nude though and I was totally comfortable, if you feel weird at all you can request a masseuse of the same sex. Also for a first time massage you might be surprised that it sort of hurts when they do some spots but the next hour you feel like a million bucks! :) Have fun!

...two of my best friends (female) are LMT's so i get messaged probably once or twice a month...

never thought about going any other way than nude...

Monz,

Interesting that get your messages in the nude!

Do you reply to the messages in the same way?

icon14.gif or icon13.gif

:D

Archived