Super Bowl on Westerdam

nanlyn

Will the Super Bowl be broadcast on the Westerdam? If so, will it only be in the sports bar or on other areas of the ship as well? Also, we are traveling with a Bears fanatic who is concerned that she cannot wear her jersey and hat during the game because of evening dress code. Can I put her fears to rest?! Thank you for any help you can give me.

Keeping in mind that my crystal ball has a crack in it I would say there is a very, very, very, very, very good chance that the Superbowl will be televised. I base this on the history in previous years and the fact that the recent play-off games were televised on my Noordam cruise.

Those two Sundays the games were televised in the Sports Bar and the Northern Lights disco (a non-smoking venue), as well as on the cabin TV's. There was a selection of foods in the disco.

For the Superbowl I wouldn't be surprised if there were other venues, too.

The dress code for that night might take into account that the game is on and be casual. If not, your friend can certainly get away wearing her team clothing in areas where the game is being broadcast.

I agree with Ruth and think the chances are very strong they will buy the Superbowl transmission. It is very costly for the ships to buy these special events but they know a number of guests enjoy them.

As Ruth said, on Noordam, the two Sundays we were aboard, they showed the playoff games at various viewing spots around the ship including in our cabins.

nanlyn

I noticed that you haven't signed up for the Cruise Critic meet and greet. We are meeting in the Hudson Room from 3-4PM the first day of the cruise. You can find all of us by going to the Roll Call forum...select Holland America...then Westerdam.

Hope to see you there:p

Archived