Mexican West Coast?

anley

Hello all you informed cruisers, we need your help. We are trying to plan a cruise in Sept 2007 that starts in Seattle to LA and then down the Mexican West Coast - Cabo San Lucas , Acapulco , Huatulco , Puerto Quetzal , Puntarenas , Golfo Dulce and Panama Canal.

The difference between booking an outside cabin and a partially obstructed view cabin is 200 dollars a person. Is what you see looking out of your cabin worth the difference in price, for the time the ship is under way?

On an Alaska cruise we took Aug 2005 my wife would have been very upset

with an obstructed view because the scenery was very impressive as we cruised.

I would really appreciate your input .

Stan:cool::cool:

We always book the most "window" we can afford at the time. If you can afford the outside with no obstruction, definitely take it. Although we've been in inside cabins in the past (and still had a great time on the cruise!) I sure did enjoy our first balcony cabin in December to the Mexican Riveria, even when the passing scenery was simply the Pacific Ocean and the millions of stars. Have a good cruise!

Laura

I've always told my friends there are two places you should see only from a cruise ship - Alaska and the Panama Canal.

When we went through the Panama Canal, I was really disappointed that I didn't get a balcony cabin. Being outside to view the details as we approached the locks is the place to be. But most of the travel through the canal is along a river - with a lot of things to look for, especially if you have a copy of "Path Between the Seas" by David McCullogh.

It takes a LOOONG time to get from one end of the PC to the other,

and not being able to sit in our cabin to view the scenery was a bummer.

We had a veranda going through the Kiel Canal in Germany. This was the ultimate - seeing houses, people, farms pass right in front of your bed.

So my recommendation is to get a better view. If your budget doesn't allow it, take the obstructed view, but plan on spending the transit outside your cabin (if possible in the front "lounge").

Archived