Camera problems - fog?

benandelena

has anyone ever had the problem with their camera fogging up after getting of the ship? my dad was trying to tell me that me lens would fog up and to not bother taking my good camera on shore. we just bought the Kodak P880 (pro style camera) and we have an Olympus 6mp with a small lens (small, compact camera). any issues?

has anyone ever had the problem with their camera fogging up after getting of the ship? my dad was trying to tell me that me lens would fog up and to not bother taking my good camera on shore. we just bought the Kodak P880 (pro style camera) and we have an Olympus 6mp with a small lens (small, compact camera). any issues?

The lens fog issue usually happens when you go from an air conditioned environment out into a humid area. There are lens covers that either already have an antifog film on them or you can add your own. The fog issue is not something that will occur all the time. Example, you are wearing sun glasses and you step outside during a humid summer day. Sometimes your glasses will fog and sometimes they will not.

Yes, our camera fogged up everytime we went out on our balcony in the Carribean. Apparently the cooler inside temperature of the ship will affect your camera when you take it outdoors where the temperature is much different. This causes the lens to fog up. It will dissipate on its own or use a lens cloth to speed up the process.

Vince

Our only experience: taking our cameras (Nikon digital and Pentax 35mm) from our air conditioned stateroom out to the balcony. Yes, the lenses on both cameras fogged, and I used a lens cleaning cloth from the camera store to clear up the lenses. It only took one foggy picture on our digital camera to remind me to clean the lenses each time we moved from one environment to another. It's kinda like your eyeglasses fogging up when you go from an air conditioned car to a super hot or humid area.

Archived