Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

First...it's so great to be back on CC...and see 'familiar names!' I recognize 'Serene' and several others. ..and really appreciate you sharing your info & expereinces.

Our 1st cruise was w/Disney out of Florida....all others have been w/Carnival....west coast (either Long Beach or San Diego)

I'd like to ask Three questions....(I've tried other places.."Roll Call", "Hotel Tips"...no replies)

1) Any info re: Splendor, Empress Deck, Rm 7312? There are 3 of us so decided to get a suite. I've read about 'amenities' etc...which sound great, and would love to hear opinions re: location of room....and any exp. w/Splendor, suites, etc.

2) Hotel suggestions for night before cruise. Hubby wants to park at pier...we won't need a 'stay & sail'....we have appx 6hr drive...want to stay in Long Beach...near the pier.

Thanks in advance for the info....it's exciting to know the countdown is truly 'beginning'...our daughter graduated...big family party last wkend, now...can start thinking about VACATION :p

I love these boards....and all of you....thank you for your help :)

Avoid cabin 3112 on Jewel of the Seas. It is subject to an incessant, rumbling vibration emanating from across the hall. We suspect that this noise/vibration also affects cabins about 5-6 doors aft of cabin 3112, as well.

Edited by Ready4cruz'n

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival Dream cabin 2400 cove balcony was pretty loud around 12 midnight to 1:30 AM. Sounded like they were throwing bowling balls. Friends in 2414 said theirs was terrible and made many complaints to guest services. It is under the galley and I have stayed under the galley on the Glory with no problems but this room is noisy for a few hrs. at night.

I was surprised when I booked a GS (Enchantment of the Seas - RCI) to find that they were right under the big traffic decks! We booked 8044, which I think puts us under either the Windjammer side seating area or the whirlpool - couldn't tell which. Anyone have any experience with this cabin?

Edited by cooncat_mom

I was surprised when I booked a GS (Enchantment of the Seas - RCI) to find that they were right under the big traffic decks! We booked 8044, which I think puts us under either the Windjammer side seating area or the whirlpool - couldn't tell which. Anyone have any experience with this cabin?

The windjammer is carpeted so no noise from that area

Read somewhere that the Radiance OTS Cabin 9050 has permanent scaffolding outside the balcony. Any truth to this?

Also, anyone have pics of cabin 9056?

Appreciate all the good tips/advice on this site. You guys are wonderful.

We were in this cabin for our Alaska cruise. It is very near the crew gym and

we heard loud music playing and weights dropping almost 24/7. We would call and ask if the music could be turned down, but it would be turned back up within minutes.

The space was wonderful, but I'd have traded for a smaller , quieter cabin in a heartbeat.

Good Luck!

I don't have any specific rooms not to book, but, if you're a cruise newbie, just make sure you book on a floor that has passenger rooms above and below you. I also recommend NOT booking rooms that might be near the Atrium (at least on Carnival). On one cruise, we were on the Lido deck (9 floors up) but our room was near the open area that looks down to the bottom where they played lounge music til all hours of the night. The music wafted right up 9 stories and sounded as though it was right outside our door.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in or near this balcony cabin?

Should we keep it or try to change?

Thanks for any information.

we had c753 (if you can get this one switch, itsone of the most sought after aft balcony) if not you are fine where you are.

Edited by serene56

We just booked the Carnival Splendor room 8321. Should I be concerned that it is below the Lido Deck.

yes, you are smack dab right in the middle of being under the pool area. You will get scrapping chair sounds. If you gotta be on this deck---move a tad closer to the front there.

Better yet to stay in the same area and move down one deck

This may sound really strange, but we get an inside room on the Riviera Deck down by the engine. It is great. You hardly hear the engine, no one walks by your room at night, and we sleep like a log. We've never had such a great night's sleep.

We usually try to get the second to the last room at the end of the floor.