Junior Suite or Grand Suite on Voyager OTS

I've already booked a Grand Suite on the Voyager OTS, but now I'm wondering if I have gone overboard. The itinerary that we are going on is the Western Med. on 9/1/07. This is a very port intensive intinerary. I'm now concerned that maybe the Grand Suite is too much in relation to the time spent in the room. The Junior Suite is $1400 per cabin cheaper; therefore, I'm wondering if that might be a better way to go. Does anybody have any basis of comparison between these two cabins? What is the significant differences between the two? What does the Grand Suite offer that the Junior Suite doesn't? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Aside from alot of space, the only other thing you get in the GS is concierge service. Don't really know why that's necessary, or worth the extra $$$! A JS (for 2) is AMPLE room--it's about the size of a good hotel room. Plenty of space for 2 adults to move about and relax comfortably. Now, if I were given a free upgrade to a GS, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't pay extra for it!!!

I would have to agree with cb at sea and suggest the savings over the extra real estate.

With a junior suite, you'll still get two crown & anchor credits for your cruise (if that is important to you).

Whichever way you decide, you'll have a great time!

Enjoy!

Rose

I have had both a GS and a JS. Although the extra space in the GS was very nice, the JS suited us just fine (and we are 2 adults and a 10 year old) I think the price difference between the 2 categories should be adjusted by RCI - there is WAY to big a gap to justify the few differences aside from some extra floor space. JMO.

So, thank you guys for the input. I am about to book our first RCI cruise on the Voyager of the Seas when it moves to Galveston. The price difference between a JS and GS for the Western Caribbean itinerary is $400 pp. I'm not sure it's worth the price difference if you guys are saying the JS is plenty of room for 2. We like to have plenty room to move around and a nice-size balcony to relax on. Are RCI suite passengers entitled to priority embarkation and tendering at ports?

Thanks for the input.

Chris

Junior Suites on the Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure have quite a lot going for them. The walk in closet was huge; the one side of the room had "desktop" running the full length of the room with two chairs--I had my area, Brian had his. The balcony was quite roomy, with two regular chairs and a lounger.

Leslie

Archived