Brooklyn Cruise Terminal Hotels

gtmerc

Has anyone stayed at any hotels near the Brooklyn terminal prior to cruise. Staying in New York is sky high.

The Brooklyn Marriott is the closest full service hotel and is ok.There is an holiday express on Union Street(which I haven't stayed in) and another hotel will open in the spring. B and B's in the area are imteresting but mostly require more than one night.

NY is cheap compared to London...

For our Sept 6th Crown cruise we are booked at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott...Amex Reward points or Marriott points (if you have them to use), may help with the cost....I think they also offer AAA discounts if you belong to Triple A......

FYI - if you plan on enjoying Manhattan pre-cruise, any cost savings of staying in Brooklyn will be lost to cab fares and inconvenience. If just going to stay the night before, then get the best deal you can at that Marriott.

For my Crown cruise last Sept 12, I booked directly at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. They had a GREAT senior rate. :rolleyes:

On Sept 11 we bought dinner at a deli and then sat on the river promenade and watched the memorial lights from lower Manhattan. On the morning of the cruise, I walked across the bridge - great view of the ship waiting for us. There are subway blocks within a block of the hotel - it would be very easy to get into Manhattan from there. I think it was only a $10 or $15 ride to the ship in a limo in line outside the hotel.

Archived