ROLL CALL >> Zaandam 06 March - Hawai'i circle tour

YXU AC*SE

Hiya -- just booked in with my bf and parents-in-law yesterday! We really like Holland America, and our last cruise was a re-positioning from Rio to Lisbon on the Rotterdam, so I am really looking forward to the sea days and being up on the sports deck doing laps.

Have lurked on these boards long enough, so I figure I should emerge form the shadows and join in the fun.

Any must-see things (touristy or otherwise - tee hee) for Hawai'i newbies?

Scott.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Scott

Was your transatlantic from Rio to Lisbon last April ? I was on that cruise. I will be on the Zaandam going to Hawaii also. I really enjoy Holland America especially the string trio in the evening, My first Holland was three years ago on the Vollendam and the Rosario Strings played every evening in a small lounge. It was beautiful. Hope to see you aboard. Do you know what to expect as far as sunny weather for tanning?

Enrique:p

Enrique Bob -- Hola dude!

Indeed it was ... we are just getting packed up and ready to go ... I have a quickie road trip tmo and Thursday to Toronto and Ottawa, and then come Friday at noon I am in vacation mode! Can't wait!

Weather in SAN seems to be hit and miss --- last two departure days was rainy per the harbour webcam. I am hoping for a big Pacific high to block out the clouds --we'll see. Long range weather looks pretty good so far. With my fair to albino disposition, I suspect that my sun needs aren't on the same plateau of priority as you!

We arrive on Monday weather and airline gods permitting -- and are laying over at the Westin downtown.

Had almost given up hope for a reply here! :-)

Type at you later!

Scott.

Scott

IT truly is a small world. I guess if you keep taking enough cruises you will eventually run into some you have met. I take it you have never been to Hawaii. You will love it. I have only been once but spent 3 weeks on Maui so I am pretty familiar with that island. Gosh it's going to be fun to already know someone on the ship. What dinner seating do you have? I always take the late seating so you have plenty of time to get ready after a day of sun or sightseeing.

Enrique Bob;)

It truly is a small world.;)

We don't have Daphne along this time (TMK), but lil Scott's parentals are coming along w/ us -- we have cruised with them three times before, and they are great travelling companions. We are late seating as well -- asked for an 8-top table, I think.

Never been to Hawai'i before ... Not sure what we are doing yet in terms of shorex yet -- we'll prolly go it alone -- but I have left that up to Scott and his mom to decide. Bob and I will be dutiful spouses and keep our mouths shut!

Cannot wait -- big snow / freezing rain event coming, so I may have to add an extra day in Ottawa to come home ...

Did I mention I cannot wait!

Scott

Well just a few days till we boardanother dam ship. It is going to be great to have so many days at sea. I want you to know that I am going to look a little for this cruise. I'll let it be a surprise. Don't ya just love suspense!

Enrique;)

Archived