jconeil

In the latest CC e-mail I notice that the unlimited e-mail for Platinum

members has been changed to:

$75 for 7 day cruise

$100 for 8-20 days

$200 for 21+ days.

Another annoying little reduction in benefits for loyal customers

John,

There have been several threads about this. I suggest you do a search for the threads. As a comment, the new "limits" shouldn't affect 95% of Platinum and Elite passengers. 250 minutes for my cruise is more than enough. I'm on vacation.

I agree with the change. I check e-mail a couple times for emergencies and to check in for my flight. . that's it. I have seen a number of members sit all day in the internet centers / cafe's (freaks!). I can't compaint about the benefits Princess offers, especially the Elite / Plat Lounge for disembarcation.

Just back from the Diamond and had another wonderful trip.

It's still the best deal out there. No other cruise line even comes close to offering the same perk to their frequent cruisers.

I hold similar status to Elite on RCL and NCL and you are absolutely right. Princess gives you free laundry services, free one time minibar set up, free wine tasting, among other things. What's the big deal about limited internet service. I get no such freebies from the other cruise lines.

I read postings everyday where people moan for the "good old days" of cruising. What did we do before there were internet cafes onboard ships?

I hold similar status to Elite on RCL and NCL and you are absolutely right. Princess gives you free laundry services, free one time minibar set up, free wine tasting, among other things. What's the big deal about limited internet service. I get no such freebies from the other cruise lines.

I read postings everyday where people moan for the "good old days" of cruising. What did we do before there were internet cafes onboard ships?

I too agree it's still a great perque. The problem seems to be more in the "taking something away".

I have seen a number of members sit all day in the internet centers / cafe's (freaks!).

Does it make me a freak to spend time on the computer on a vacation uploading my trip photos to my Flickr account, or updating my blog about the trip, or researching the next port? While you may not consider a holiday to be the time to be on the computer, there are vacation-related tasks one can do on the computer, and calling someone a freak for doing so is just being a judgmental jerk.

Does it make me a freak to spend time on the computer on a vacation uploading my trip photos to my Flickr account, or updating my blog about the trip, or researching the next port? While you may not consider a holiday to be the time to be on the computer, there are vacation-related tasks one can do on the computer, and calling someone a freak for doing so is just being a judgmental jerk.

YIKES!

How do you get the pics from your camera to a princess computer? or maybe you mean your own laptop?

I did mean my own laptop using wireless. I dump my photos to my laptop on a daily basis and then upload my favorites to my Flickr account in order to share with friends and family, as well as to have backups in case of a meltdown of my hard drive.

Gee, I must be really old. My good old days of cruising had nothing to do with internet cafes. My good old days of cruising were long before internet cafes...in fact, it was long before the INTERNET!!:eek:

Gee I feel old...;)

The $75 for seven days translates into 150 minutes or 20 minutes a day.

Anyone who does use the internet cafe probably realizes that given the speed and reliability of the connection, the timeouts, the errors, that it can sometimes take 20 minutes to send one email or load two or three web pages.

People on a 14 day cruise will get a little over 12 minutes a day.

It's certainly not the end of the world, and understandable given that some people literally spent hours in the net cafe tying up the bandwidth and the computers, but why belittle someone else's concern as unimportant when it obviously does matter to some people.

It's certainly no less important then the hundreds of other things people seem to complain about here ranging from the quality of the coffee to the state of dress of others. ;)

Yes, I remember the good old days of traditional cruising when there wasn't a TV in the room and you just didn't care about the outside world...25 years ago (I started cruising at 15).

But cruislines and the world have changed around us, I might not like it but I've had to adapt.

To the guy who called us freaks, don't judge how any of us spend our free Elite minutes in the internet...are you the same guy that approached me and said do you have free internet? can I just check my email? and I graciously said sure!

I was proposed to right before I left on a B2B 20 day Scandinavia/Russian cruise in 2005 with my mom I spend my entire sea days in the internet planning a wedding in California on the internet. It's simply amazing how much can be accomplished in the middle of the Baltic Sea.

just off the grand princess 1/27. internet was surprisingly fast, i did not notice any more delay than my cable connection at home. great improvement over the last couple of years. 75 free minutes is a nice benefit even though i do understand free unlimited is better. i also noticed that i was able to use a computer anytime i wanted,

Archived