Will I keep it or will I loose it?

trex-de

Ok, I have been reading a lot about the BofA compass rewards program. This is my first time using it and have a question about it. Here is my scenario for our upcoming Spirit cruise (5/19).

Deposit for family: $1600 (family of 4 paid with CC)

Balance: $ 850

Though I only owe $850, I will pay $1000 with my compass rewards credit (2 vouchers at $500 each) at final payment.

My question: Will I loose $150 or will NCL credit it back to my card even though the voucher says that it cannot be applied to the deposit?

I would appreciate anyone with personal experience to let me know what to expect.

Thank you.

Ok, I have been reading a lot about the BofA compass rewards program. This is my first time using it and have a question about it. Here is my scenario for our upcoming Spirit cruise (5/19).

Though I only owe $850, I will pay $1000 with my compass rewards credit (2 vouchers at $500 each) at final payment.

My question: Will I loose $150 or will NCL credit it back to my card even though the voucher says that it cannot be applied to the deposit?

I would appreciate anyone with personal experience to let me know what to expect.

Thank you.

I've done this before, NCL will credit back your credit card...no problem.:)

The certificate can be applied TO the deposit, not AS the deposit. You will get your $150 back. Be sure and make copies of the certificates before sending them.....one copy for yourself and send a copy to your TA. Also send them certified mail or UPS/Fedex to NCL, it's good to have a signature of receipt at the other end.

The certificate can be applied TO the deposit, not AS the deposit. You will get your $150 back. Be sure and make copies of the certificates before sending them.....one copy for yourself and send a copy to your TA. Also send them certified mail or UPS/Fedex to NCL, it's good to have a signature of receipt at the other end.

Yes, do send them with a minimum of certified, however that does not protect you if they are lost. I'd recommend insured or something that protects the value. We've done insured a couple of times. Don't send registered though as NCL will not sign for it and the envelope will be returned to you.

Thanks to all. Looks like we have a plan. We qualify for our second $500 on the 5th of February and the final payment is due by March 1st. I think we should have plenty of time. I also read that sending the voucher after final payment has been recieved is OK as well and my cc will be credited. Let's go cruising!

I ordered my second $500 voucher tonight (2/6). I'll reply back when I receive it in the mail. Though my payment is due on March 1st, my TA says he needs payment by the 23rd. I may do like others and just send it to NCL myself. We shall see.

We send ours certified Priority mail. NCL signed for them the day my final payment was due. I called because my final payment was due and the cust svc rep told me not to worry, if they have been received just not processed yet I will not loose my reservation. 2 days later I received my final bill showing that the certificates were applied. Now I am just looking for a $200+ credit back to my Credit card.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered my second $500 voucher tonight (2/6). I'll reply back when I receive it in the mail.

I received the voucher today in the mail. So it took 10 days or 8 business days.

I live in Wilmington, DE about 3 miles from downtown Wilmington where the voucher origniated as per the postmark. Next time I'll tell them I'll be there in 15 minutes. Amazing that it takes so long to process it.

Hooray! $1000 toward my cruise in May.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd conclude my story for anyone else in my learning curve.

After receiving the vouchers, I sent them to NCL via certified mail about one week (2/20) before the final payment. I informed my TA. NCL receive the voucher two days later.

Then I waited. I contacted my TA on 2/28, the day before final payment and he promptly checked and said that NCL processed the voucher.

Now good to better. Today, 3/2, a credit for my overpayment of just over $100 was credited back to my credit card.

So I guess I did not loose the $100 for the deposit. Overall, painless. NCL card is great!

Archived