Here are the bar lists from Westerdam- scanned from our cruise last week

Schplinky

Schplinky:

I'd like to say a great big "thank you", not only for taking the trouble to scan and post this information for us, but also for your extremely well-written, organized, informative, and helpful multi-part review of your Westerdam cruise. I'm quite in awe of your abilities. I'm one who had to learn computers on my own well into my thirties (I can barely keep up with all the new stuff!), and I'm so impressed with all your technical skills. Thank you very much for all the time you've lavished on your reports; you've addressed questions that so many of us have, and you've done so in a very entertaining and easy-to-follow format. I wish I could do even half so well! :)

Karin

I'm sure you could top me if you wanted. We obsess about the details before the cruise and, particularly with HAL, it seems hard to find anything current that folks have posted online that is hard fact.

We will be on the Westerdam March 18th, just booked so all your info is just great. We are thinking of bringing a case of wine. I drink cabernet or Chardonnay and my girlfriend drinks pinot grigio. I am going to look into some kind of carrying case w/ wheels. I have always brought wine on for the cabin but never for the dining room.

We used computer cases with whees. Each seems to hold three or four bottles of wine quite well and since we don't bring our computers on holiday, it works out well.

Schplinky, thanks again for all the wonderful info you have posted, and your great reviews.

Reading the list of mouth-watering cocktails and top-quality booze brands made me wonder why they don't offer any better beers. Am I the only one who thinks it would be nice if they offered some true premium beers, or even some of the more widely marketed microbrews? Of course they would charge a premium price for them, but I'd rather pay $7.00 for a Redtail Ale than $3.50 for a Budweiser any day. Am I alone in this?

(PS: I like Heineken and Corona OK, but would not choose them if something better were available. I'm spoiled, I know.)

You should try a Voyager class ship on RCL. They actually had a dedicated brew pub on each ship. Seemed very popular with the beer guys. I know some HAL cruisers are itmidated by the size but in all honesty, Westerdam is a big ship with lots of walking, it just has fewer passenger decks. We found we were walking about just as much on Westerdam as a Voyager class ship.

Bob, I've posted a couple links for a Westerdam Cruise in 2004 and one from the Zuiderdam in 2005. I'm sure the menus have changed since then, but it will give you a good idea about the dinners on HAL.

http://home.g-net.net/%7Ecbrock/ZuiderdamECMenus.html

http://travel.webshots.com/album/236237424Kvjpag

Thank you for the menus....they will help us a great deal. We are just trying to figure out what nights to eat in the dinning room and which nights we should eat at the Pinnacle.

Thanks Again!

We're done with adding pictures but we will be adding more of the daily prgrams, etc.

I notice the daily programs and welcome-aboard docs are now up on the same site where you put the cocktail menu. Thanks for the info - so fascinating that my neck got sore from looking at them sideways:rolleyes: ! (Just kidding - I'm sure that was the only way they would fit.)

Really appreciate all the info you've provided!

I notice the daily programs and welcome-aboard docs are now up on the same site where you put the cocktail menu. Thanks for the info - so fascinating that my neck got sore from looking at them sideways:rolleyes: ! (Just kidding - I'm sure that was the only way they would fit.)

Really appreciate all the info you've provided!

You're welcome. You should print them. They're standard letter sized, mostly.

I didn't know you could rotate them until just now! Thanks for asking

Archived