Orcrone - spring cruise

KK,

I called my TA yesterday, but never heard back from her. I'll give her a call soon. They're located in New Mexico and don't open until 10:30 EDT. However, I noticed this morning that the price of our original rooms came down by about $37 pp, and the SS rooms stayed the same. So I just want to double check all prices once promo 267 is taken into account.

To answer your original question we're probably going to go with rooms 6057 and 6059 if they're still available. They're on the Upper Verandah deck. And I'm going to keep my eyes open in case an I category room comes available on Upper Verandah and move the girls there.

I would like to go a little more mid-ship, but our daughters are in 6021 towards the front of the ship. So this keeps us a little closer to them. Aside from being larger the I rooms are closer to mid-ship, another reason I'd love for one to open up.

:)

It would be great if one of those "I" rooms would open up for the girls. It is very lose to your rooms. The "J" room is a bit of a distance down the hall past the elevator and stairs. Plus all of you wouldn't be on the same life boat in the event of a problem.

Keep checking. Maybe your TA can call HAL and explain the situation about the lifeboats.

:)

Orcrone.....I'm so happy to hear you'll be enjoying a great family cruise on Zuiderdam. She's a wonderful ship for the family to all cruise together.

Congratulations on your Mom's milestone Birthday. How great for you that you now have two HAL cruises awaiting you. Lucky fella!!!! :)

Orcrone.....I'm so happy to hear you'll be enjoying a great family cruise on Zuiderdam. She's a wonderful ship for the family to all cruise together.

Congratulations on your Mom's milestone Birthday. How great for you that you now have two HAL cruises awaiting you. Lucky fella!!!! :)

Thanks for the well wishes. My mom had talked about taking us on a family vacation, but wasn't going to do it for her upcoming birthday. She then said "I'm going to be 75, what am I waiting for?":) ;)

Checked my TA's website this morning. The SS rooms are the same rate, but the other ones went down in price. Obviously I'm going to get the price reduction for my mom since she paid for the cabins. The problem is that the cost differential to upgrade for the the AA to the SS has now increased.

My brother is hedging on going for the upgrade. He doesn't mind spending the money, but he also wanted to get her some other things for her birthday; the celebration package from HAL, some spa services and perhaps some jewelry. He feels that it's getting a little expensive with the price difference to do the upgrade and the other gifts.

If we knew that we could use her shipboard credit voucher then it would cost each of us $100 less and he'd be inclined to do it. But we can't tell for sure if we could do that, and if it shows up on her account then we're not going to say "turn it over".:D

The problem for me is that I don't mind spending the extra $223 per person minus a $100 shipboard credit for our room. But I'm not going to upgrade DW and I and leave my mom in the outside verandah.

I hate decisions. I'm hoping my TA will call back and the price differential won't be as great.

Archived