Just bought a new mask and need to remove...

Choozin Croozin

You can use any kind of paste type toothpaste, not gel, to clean the inside of the mask. All you have to do is rub the toothpaste on the inside of the mask, be sure to cover all the nooks and crannys, then just rinse it out realy well.

You may need to do it a couple of times.:D

Have a good time.

Paul,

You can use any kind of paste type toothpaste, not gel, to clean the inside of the mask. All you have to do is rub the toothpaste on the inside of the mask, be sure to cover all the nooks and crannys, then just rinse it out realy well.

You may need to do it a couple of times.:D

Have a good time.

Paul,

Yep, just what Paul said. I used crest. Rub it for several minutes and you only need a very small amount.

Softscrub works even better than toothpaste - just make sure you scrub out/rinse REALLY well. Another great anit-fog is highly diluted (with water) baby shampoo. Squirt it onto the lenses, scrub with your fingers, rinse, works even better than spit and better than any commercial anti-fog.

I've never scratched a mask cleaning it so I'm sure you will be ok. Just use your finger in small swirl patterns around the mask for a couple of minutes. It really doesn't take much to get the film to come off.

So long as it is a tempered glass lens you will not scratch it with toothpaste nor soft scrub. Usually the word "tempered" is on one of the lenses.

Some cheap masks are made with polycarbonate plastic lenses. These WILL scratch with soft scrub, and may with toothpaste. You DO NOT need to clean polycarbonate lenses in the same way as tempered glass lenses.

Both tempered glass and polycarbonate will need to be de-fogged. Spit, commercial defog, baby shampoo, or dishwashing liquid (Joy, Palmolive, etc...) work well.

the film that is on the inside of the mask. I seem to remember that I am supposed to use toothpaste:confused: Can someone confirm this and tell me how to do it? thanks

Use regular ol' Crest paste, not gel. Squirt a good amount on the inside of the mask, and rub, rub, rub! Rinse. Repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

A small amount of toothpaste rubbed around on the inside of the mask is the best way to prevent fog. My wife and I use a "gel" toothpaste for this purpose as it does not scratch, however the small amount of glycerin in the toothpaste will prevent fogging. One small tube will last you years as you only need a little dab, just enough to cover the lens surface.

Wash it out well in the ocean, put it on and snorkle for hours without fog. Toothpaste also cleans the lens as well, we use it on both the inside and outside.

Jim

Archived