Cabin??

DrLove

Just received cabin 8086 on the Noordam. Can anyone comment on the size and/or the location. Appears nice online!! Last cruise was on Seabourn,very tough to match, but my wife and i wanted some nightlife. Hopefully we'll find it on HAL!!

Congratulations on the cabin! You have an SS cabin, very nice, roomy, lots of storage, double vanity, separate shower and nice verandah. We had 8038 on the Noordam a few months ago, at the opposite end of the ship from yours, same side (port). You will be near the aft elevators/stairs and that means easy access to the Lido restaurant, one deck above. For SS cabins, you can check out DVDs from the library at no charge. We really enjoyed the SS cabin and hope you will, too. Have a great cruise! The Noordam is beautiful.

I have sailed in 8086 on both Oosterdam and Noordam.

While I love the location and amenities of the SS's on Deck 8, this particular one is an adjoining suite with 8088, so you'll have one less closet for your clothing.:(

Both times we ended up using the resulting alcove to pile up the excess luggage.

The only Vista where 8086 is not an adjoining stateroom is Westerdam.

Enjoy!

Thanks Brian, my brother-in-law is next door, is that where the connecting door is?? Also can we connect the verandas so that we can enjoy one big balcony. Were you able to lounge out on the veranda? Thanks for your help

I don't think you can connect the verandas. We have booked 8040 for Alaska. I hope it is a good location. Looks ok by the deck plans.

Have a great time. If Randal is still in the Piano bar, he is very good entertainment. We had a grat time lon our fall crusie when he was on the Massdam.

If Randal is still in the Piano bar, he is very good entertainment.

Randall has left the building. er, ship. :rolleyes:

He was to have been replaced by Kory Simon. Excellent. :) He and Randall are very different, to be sure, but I have enjoyed them both very much.

Randall is flamboyant, full of showmanship, vast repertoire that covers a lot of decades and styles. You can get up an interesting game of "Stump The Piano Player". He appreciates a challenge in requests, and does well with "variations on a theme".

Ask him about Celery Stalks At Midnight. He still doesn't believe me that there is such a title.

Kory is younger and focuses on music from later eras. He is more subdued in his presentation. He is also a lot of fun and has an excellent repertoire. Nice voice, friendly and pleasant to chat with.

After spending the evening in his bar while attending Noordam Inaugural festivities in Boston I decided to sail and was cruising three weeks later. He was that good.

Archived