SuperStar LIBRA

deck 9 001

Hi Mike - thanks for the wonderful review and excellent photos - I'm sure you've whetted many people's appetites to cruise the Libra!

Star Cruises should give you free passage on some of their other ships!! Would love such a detailed report of Aquarius ..

Regards

Vera

Hi Vera, you are most welcome and I am very happy that you enjoyed it. It really would be lovely to see people from other countries aboard Libra. I hope that maybe a few of our fellow CC members might be able to enjoy Taiwan and the SuperStar Libra in the not too distant future.

I do hope that I will be able to give you some kind of a report about Aquarius. I do plan to try Aquarius during this year.

Best,

Mike

Again, a wonderfully detailed and interesting review of SSR. I agree that the lift lobbies(mid ship especially) are a great place to relax or chat.

Hopefully I could cruise aboard Libra again when shes in PKG

Also looking forward to your views on the Aquarius if you get a chance to go aboard.

Thanks for the effort and cheers!

SSV, thanks so much again, for your kinds words. Very much appreciated.

Hopefully I will be aboard Aquarius sometime this year and will certainly post my experience and comments.

Hope to see you aboard Libra "somewhere, sometime soon!"

Best,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Nice closing comments of your recent cruise on this super ship. I will definitely check into this thread for fresh news every now and then, so don't go away for too long but keep us posted. Hopefully you will be on board the SSL again for another break from your work in Taiwan.

We will be flying off to the Far East in a couple of days time, but not as far as Taiwan and will chill out in an island, Pangkor Laut (Pavaroti island:p) off the West coast of Malaysia for another Summer break.

http://www.pangkorlautresort.com/

Best regards, and to your great work and forthcoming travels.

Cheers.........James:)

Hi James, thanks for your nice words. I will of course keep adding info to this thread to keep it up and running.

Indeed I will be aboard Libra again, this month on the 23rd. So if there are any additional photos you or any other reader would like for me to take of specific areas just let me know.

The Pangkor Laut Resort looks just wonderful. Thanks for the link. I know you will be relaxing and enjoying your time there. Let us know how it was.

Best,

Mike

Previously posted in italics :

The Libra will sail from Port Klang to destinations e.g. Phuket and Singapore(definitely more ports, but I have no info here) till february when either Singapore will be dropped as one of her port OR, she will have a new homeport

Information as accurate as possibly could be now(4 July '07)

Any update on what SS LIBRA deployment itineraries will be for period Dec 07 to July 08 when presumably she will return for a second Taiwanese season ?

Hi All,

I will be sailing aboard LIBRA again this Thursday. So if any of you readers have a specific picture that you would like to see, just ask and I will be happy to take a photo.

Hopefully there will not be any Typhoon's in the area.:rolleyes:

Best,

Mike

Mike, hope you'll enjoy your cruise aboard the Libra again.

Incidentally, maybe you could post some picture on the Spa? I believe I did see one area for the Spa near the pool, but it was never open during the one-night cruises.

Also, if you see Ms. Myla C. please send my regards(from JC of SSVirgo).

Thank you very much and have a great trip =)

Hi SSV, thanks for your good wishes. I intend to have a great short cruise with Libra. There is indeed a Spa area just beond the adult pool on Deck 9, just as you get to the interior stairtowers.

I will make a note to get some photos for you.

If Myla is still onboard I will most certainly say hello for you.

Best,

Mike

Hi Vera------thanks, and I know I will have a great time!

Don't be envious, you haven't done too bad lately;) plus, I have to make up for a lot of lost time.:rolleyes:

Hope your eye is much better now.

Best,

Mike:rolleyes:

SSV, it's useless for me to try and hide from security, they know me too well:D

I did have a very enjoyable time aboard Libra. Have been unexpectedly quite busy, but will do my best to post some comments along with some photos that you asked for (Deck 9 Spa) tomorrow.

Libra is great and the staff/crew are superb.

Best,

Mike

Hi CC'rs,

My all too short cruise on 23 August was just as good as my previous one in July. Libra is still charming, and the staff/crew are just as superb as before.

Entertainment and activities was just as much as on longer cruises. Actually there was more to do than time would allow for.

As many of you have experienced, it is a wonderful feeling to board a ship again and be greeted with smiles and a sincere “welcome back”. This was the case for me on this last cruise.

I was especially pleased to learn that when Libra is not sailing at, or near capacity, there is indeed sit down, waiter service meals in the main dining rooms. I did look at the menu at Four Seasons Dining Room and there was certainly a wide and varied selection of appetizers, soup, entrée’ and dessert on the menu. For those pax who want a faster, but just as delicious meal, Mariners Buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This particular night I opted for the pool deck BBQ which was great. I just love BBQ. On my next cruise I will try the dining rooms.

Speaking about food, I must tell you about my experience dining at Tai Pan. I was very honored to be invited to join the Hotel Manager and Executive Assistant Manager of SuperStar Libra, for luncheon at Tai Pan Restaurant. For those of you who do not know, Tai Pan is the a la carte’ Chinese dining venue onboard Libra. This room used to be Le Bistro when the ship was the Norwegian Sea. We had small starters, appetizers and luscious main items which were incredibly tasty. I was happy that the Head Chef of Tai Pan joined our table during the course of luncheon, so I was able to compliment him in person for the delectable and uncommon choices of food prepared for us.

The whole event was memorable. We had lively, interesting conversation and many laughs as well. The food was the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Not only are Mr. Cheok and Mr. Wong superb Managers, they are ideal hosts and their special charisma makes for a very friendly and convivial atmosphere. My thanks to them for a very enjoyable few hours.

I also managed to visit the Beauty Salon on this sailing and had my hair cut and styled by Adrian, who is from Malaysia. In my opinion he did a great job and I am very pleased with it. Seems he managed to knock a few years off the way I look;) , for which I am very grateful.

All in all Libra and the staff/crew did not disappoint. But then again, they never do and I am very much looking forward to my next cruise, which will be a 3D/2N High Seas cruise. Without any ports of call, I will have the pleasure to enjoy Libra and all onboard to the fullest.

The photos below are especially for SSV who asked for them. They are of THE SPA, which is located on the Pool Deck (Deck 9) just forward of the Adult Pool and just inside the forward stair tower.

This is the place to go for some really soothing foot reflexology massages and other massages as well. The prices are very fair and the staff, whom I have known for many years do an excellent job.

Entrance to THE SPA:

1229240524_e9aa029aaf.jpg?v=0

Foot reflexology massage room:

1229240548_ea43b61735.jpg?v=0

Lounge area and private massage rooms:

1229240554_05362e82c9.jpg?v=0

Another view of lounge area:

1229240546_575dec8ff3.jpg?v=0

The Manager and some of the dedicated, very competent staff:

1229240560_86768f5f46.jpg?v=0

Hope to see some of you aboard Libra in the near future. You'll love it!

Best,

Mike

I forgot to mention that the wonderful Cruise Director Myla Katibayan was onboard Libra only for the start up of cruises ex-Taiwan.

Myla is now indeed onboard Gemini as Cruise Director. All you Gemini cruisers are guaranteed a great time with Myla at the controls.

Best,

Mike

You're very welcome.

They pipe in some very relaxing and low volume Caribbean music in The Spa, which I feel is a nice touch.

They also, thankfully, play this music at the Pool and it is very unobtrusive and relaxing. If you want to listen, you can, and if you want to have a conversation you easily can without having to shout.

Mike

For those of you who have not seen the special cruises to Hong Kong and Xiamen, China with SuperStar Libra, I have inserted the itineraries below.

So, come on over, down, or up, or across and enjoy a cruise with Libra.

Mike

Itineraries

space.gif

ssr-taiwan-japan3.gif

Kaohsiung Bound (1-Night) ex-KaohsiungDayDestinationArrivalDepartureThuKeelung -1300FriKaohsiung 0800- SAILING DATEDeparting on Thursday Nov15, 2007

Hong Kong Adventure (3-Night) ex-KaohsiungDayDestinationArrivalDepartureFriKaohsiung - 1200SatHong Kong 1100 -SunHong Kong - 1700MonKaohsiung 1600- SAILING DATEDeparting on Friday Nov16, 2007

ssr-taiwan-japan4.gif

A Taste China & Japan 1 (5-Night)DayDestinationArrivalDepartureWedKeelung - 2130ThuIshigaki 0830(0930) 0930(1030)FriXiamen 0930 -SatXiamen -1900SunIshigaki 1900(2000)2000(2100)MonKeelung 1100- SAILING DATEDeparting on Wednesday Oct31, 2007

A Taste China & Japan 2 (2-Night)DayDestinationArrivalDepartureWedKeelung - 2130ThuIshigaki 0830(0930) 0930(1030)FriXiamen 0930 - SAILING DATEDeparting on Wednesday Oct31, 2007

ssr-taiwan-japan5.gif

Best of Naha-Ishigaki II (4-Night) ex-KaohsiungDayDestinationArrivalDepartureMonKaohsiung - 2000TueAt Sea - -WedNaha 0700(0800) 1600(1700)ThuIshigaki 0800(0900) 1700(1800)FriKaohsiung 1300 - SAILING DATEDeparting on Monday Nov19, 2007

Yonaguni Weekender II (2-Night) ex-KaohsiungDayDestinationArrivalDepartureFriKaohsiung - 1800SatYonaguni 1230(1330) 1300(1400)SunKaohsiung 0900 - SAILING DATEDeparting on FridayNov23, 2007

ssr-taiwan-japan6.gif

Japan & Taiwan Experience (2-Night)DayDestinationArrivalDepartureSatXiamen - 1900SunIshigaki 1900(2000)2000(2100)MonKeelung 1100- SAILING DATEDeparting on MondayNov3, 2007

( ) Local time

* Yonaguni is a technical call

Sailing dates and arrival/departure times are subject to change without prior notice

Surcharge applies on certain sailing dates

Note: Gate closes one and a half hours before departure

Updated as of 04/09/2007

Hi all,

I thought that some of you may enjoy seeing some night photos of the Keelung Harbor area. There are some day shots that I posted in my “comments and impressions” of Libra post, starting on page 5. The harbor area, as in most cases, looks much better at night.

The entrance to the East Passenger Ship Terminal, which is the main terminal:

100_0032-1.jpg?t=1189769433

A small park adjacent to the terminal:

100_0042.jpg?t=1189769496

Another view of the park and terminal:

100_0041.jpg?t=1189769556

A Temple atop a hill at Jhongsheng Park :

100_0016.jpg?t=1189769653

The Terminal and environs with the ex Royal Viking Sea departing:

100_0047.jpg?t=1189769698

Mike

Archived