Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

Happy Post 4th of July!!

Melody... I'm there with you on the MP........ugh! Hang in there!!!

Prettynpink - good job!!... And you do feel better.... check out that new energy level!!

We had a great 4th... Ribs n Chicken... a Fruit Salad and some baked beans, a side of Mac n Cheese for the kiddos... The adults did great with it all!

Some watermelon in the late afternoon... It was a great celebration!

I think we are Actually getting into some lower temps...and we went walking last night when the clouds helped cool things off!!

Thanks everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!! I kept mine low-carb :) As of this morning, I am down 12 lbs since last Tuesday... yayyyyy!!!

Yesterday I made a steak-um with some grilled onions/peppers without the bread.... oh my, it was delish. I felt like I was cheating, but wasn't!

I just thought I would check-in and let everyone know that I made it through my 2 weeks induction without any cheats whatsoever! I plan to stay on this phase for a little while longer. How is everyone else doing?! Any challenges? Any successes? Hope to hear from you soon!

Summer continues to keep us on the go! We did 3 days of camping and the best thing...no one was up there! yay! We stayed pretty low carb, hiked and hiked some more! Did well..and my jeans came on pretty nice this morning!! Great job PrettynPink!!....It CAN be done!!

So, tomorrow...I am off to Colorado for a few days with the family and seeing some cousins! It will be fun!! But I am packing for the right snacks...and getting lots of rest so I'll be ready for the trip tomorrow!!

Be good now, ya hear! ;)

Edited by NMCruzzin

I just thought I would check-in and let everyone know that I made it through my 2 weeks induction without any cheats whatsoever! I plan to stay on this phase for a little while longer. How is everyone else doing?! Any challenges? Any successes? Hope to hear from you soon!

Way to go! Two weeks without a cheat is great! I spend more time on induction than off because my body just can't handle many more carbs. If I mess up at a higher level I go to the dark side.

Summer continues to keep us on the go! We did 3 days of camping and the best thing...no one was up there! yay! We stayed pretty low carb, hiked and hiked some more! Did well..and my jeans came on pretty nice this morning!! Great job PrettynPink!!....It CAN be done!!

So, tomorrow...I am off to Colorado for a few days with the family and seeing some cousins! It will be fun!! But I am packing for the right snacks...and getting lots of rest so I'll be ready for the trip tomorrow!!

Be good now, ya hear! ;)

Sounds like you doing great on vacation at that. Have a great time.

I have started back down, on induction again. Year to date 45 pounds. Not bad with life being what it is.

Hey all low carbers! Great activity & inspiration lately here!

I am checking in - as I have an upcoming cruise scheduled, ( Carnival Magic Aug 19, Roatan Honduras; Belize, & Cozumel, Mexico)...such a short time away, but it reminds me why this WOE & WOEx totally works for me & so many others...

I, like NMJean;), am really neither up nor down, but this has to be the fail safe method for most of us to at least control our weight...(esp those in or near MP...) I have a friend who has had lap band & hasn't really lost more than prob 5 lbs in over a year, & I see what she eats & I definitely know why...

Hang in there everyone, get moving, drink the H2O & remember, this is something we have at least a little bit of control over!

I have a friend who has had lap band & hasn't really lost more than prob 5 lbs in over a year, & I see what she eats & I definitely know why...

I have had nothing but medical problems with mine for 2.5. It has mostly been unfilled during that time and is coming out soon. I gained with mine as I couldn't eat anything unless liquid or highly proceed, like chips. I even was eating ice cream like crazy and ice cream was never a go to food for me, ever.

Since they unfilled me and I was able to start doing Atkins in January, I have done better than I did with the band. I've had ups & downs. But, I have been tracking all food, water and activities with caloriecount.about.com (the rest of the people I know use fitnesspal.) When I go up, I can trace it back to a starch carb slips.

This WOE is the only thing helping.

Went on the Low Carb Cruise in May after 8 years of being on Atkins (211 pounds lost) on Carnival Magic, I had no problems trying to find low carb acceptable foods at any of the buffets or MDR.

Just wanted to check in! I have still be sticking with this WOE. I weigh in tomorrow and am curious to see if I have lost anymore (last count was 12 lbs)... I've been doing this for 3 weeks and two days now. I find that I'm really never hungry anymore... what an unusual feeling :)

Went on the Low Carb Cruise in May after 8 years of being on Atkins (211 pounds lost) on Carnival Magic, I had no problems trying to find low carb acceptable foods at any of the buffets or MDR.

Guess I should check in too :) 51 pounds in 8 weeks and 30+ inches from my body. I love Atkins, never feel hungry and my blood pressure has gone down considerably. Congrats to everyone who is sticking with it! :D

All I can say is....WOW. Well done!

I would have loved to do this. Didn't know there was such a thing!

Guess I should check in too 51 pounds in 8 weeks and 30+ inches from my body. I love Atkins, never feel hungry and my blood pressure has gone down considerably. Congrats to everyone who is sticking with it!

WOW! You are rocking you WOE

Edited by PINEVIEW01

So great to see everyone popping in and sharing!!! :D

I've been on the road so much these last couple of weeks....and now...I'm back! I can tend to get bored driving by myself and that's even with singing to my playlist - but I have found that a package of Pumpkin seed can keep me busy and I went through a whole bag on the way up and back to Colorado!! They aren't as salty as some snacks so I felt that I had made a good choice!

Lots of new faces!!..Welcome...Post about your ups and downs...we all have them!;)

Cerabella...........!! Another Magic Boat Ride!!!! eeek...I'm so jealous!!!:)

So...I'm thinking of getting the ol'swimsuit out and getting back to my water fitness class...at least until it turns cold again! :D;)

I'm starting my second week of INSANITY with Shaun T today. It's hard! But it's fun. Hoping to kick my metabolism back in...funny that the triathlon didn't do it.

WOE is really good right now. Beachbody (who makes the DVDs) recommends a results & recovery formula after every workout--it's like 70 grams of carbs per serving! No, thank you. :)

I have been putting in a hour of dedicated swimming. The nights have turned cool and the water really cooled down. Didn't make it today but, I did walk the dog for a little while.

Down 48.8 since Jan. Thank You Doc Atkins!

Excellent job! You're doing so well!!

I'm glad that advertisement post went *poof*. :)

I'm starting my 3rd week of INSANITY--my 2nd Fit Test is today, to see how much better I'm doing than the 1st day. I'll keep you posted. I haven't lost any weight. Crazy, huh? I do feel things changing inside, though. We'll see how things are after the 60 days.

Excellent job! You're doing so well!!

I'm glad that advertisement post went *poof*. :)

I'm starting my 3rd week of INSANITY--my 2nd Fit Test is today, to see how much better I'm doing than the 1st day. I'll keep you posted. I haven't lost any weight. Crazy, huh? I do feel things changing inside, though. We'll see how things are after the 60 days.

I know it is hard when you work and don't lose. Keep the faith! I was doing major landscaping/forestry work and was losing

slow or not at all for a month. Lost over two plus sizes during that time.

When I took a week break, I dropped ten pounds in a week but, didn't lose in the clothing at all. I did this two times. So, keep working you got to be toning up.

Ditto on the advertisement "poof"

Well...I needed a little motivation..................so we Booked a Cruise last night! :D:eek::D

We're going back to Alaska next year! I'm so excited I can hardly think straight!!:p

MsJean, that's soooo exciting! We came thisclose to doing Alaska this year, but it just may have to be in the works for next!:D We are 2 weeks away from Roatan, Honduras, Belize & Cozumel! Yes, yes, I do believe in Magic ( Carnival, that is...):p

I am down about 6 lbs or so...I'll take that & hope for a few more in the next few days. I have a friend who just started 'Eat to lose' or something like that & tried to tell me 'you can eat anything, really, anything..' Well, we'll see, but I wish her the best! I'll stick w/ fresh, whole, healthy for me lower carb WOE!

Hi Cerabella.....You Go Girl!!! I know your going to have a terrific Cruise!!

We are doing the Golden Princess... Aug 18-25....It is out of Seattle! I'm so excited! We went 6 years ago...and I reallllllly loooved it there!!

I'm working the Grill outside the best I can! I'm still working on my yard so I get out every day...and I'm sore the next morning...so I must be doing something right! LOOL!

Now this thread's gettin' FUN!!

Cruises...woohoo!!

LisaRock ~ I see you are due to sail in a month or so on Elation! I sailed her when she was in Galveston a few years ago. Loved that cruise, but hey, I've loved them all!

I went on a shopping trip today - kinda depressing because I am between sizes...one size slightly snug, the next size up - wearable, but since I am a pear shape I always need shorts, capris, jeans taken in some in the waist...grrr...now I only have one more Sunday sailaway & I'm on the next one!

I'm looking forward to healthy eating, taking lots of stairs, snorkeling, getting some R&R & WCMC (warm chocolate melting cake) Yes, I will definitely splurge there & feel no regrets!:p

cerabella ~ I hate that in-between stage. I hate shopping anyway, but when I can't find things that fit, I hate it more. Thankfully you have a cruise to look forward to, and you'll have fun no matter what you're wearing! :)

I'm so excited for our Elation cruise. We're taking our kids for the first time, and it's a surprise. We're also going with our friends that we vacation with every year--our kids have been asking us why we didn't take a trip with them this year.:D I can't wait to see their faces when they see we're getting on a ship!! Everything has had to come together for this one--not only fall break, but football games and marching competitions, which will cost my daughter a grade if she misses them.

Come back & post lots of pictures after your cruise!

cerabella ~ I hate that in-between stage. I hate shopping anyway, but when I can't find things that fit, I hate it more. Thankfully you have a cruise to look forward to, and you'll have fun no matter what you're wearing! :)

I'm so excited for our Elation cruise. We're taking our kids for the first time, and it's a surprise. We're also going with our friends that we vacation with every year--our kids have been asking us why we didn't take a trip with them this year.:D I can't wait to see their faces when they see we're getting on a ship!! Everything has had to come together for this one--not only fall break, but football games and marching competitions, which will cost my daughter a grade if she misses them.

Come back & post lots of pictures after your cruise!

Yay! I watched Carnival Magic set sail from Galveston today on the webcams, & got kinda jittery thinking next Sunday I will be getting on & starting my 7 day cruise! woo hooo!!

I will try to eat low carb this week & kinda detox in prep for my cruise...sometimes I wish I was younger &^ didn't have to work sooo hard to keep in some semblance of shape!:p