Anyone on Atkins?

stiffaney

OK, I keep falling off program. Not at all happy with myself. I went to Cedar point with the DD, SIL and gradson. Than went to a RenFeast with the girls. Went to Atlanta to a convention. Have been off track for two weeks and boy am I paying the price.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I will get my act togeather.

Happy Monday folks!

Melody.....it's one day at a time...but life has it's great opportunities...and so your doing the right thing with regrouping and getting back on track!

We went to a RenFair a couple of weekends ago....OY... they have a ton of bad stuff...but the turkey legs, apples.... it's the choices we make! And I took a pocket full of nuts to munch on too!

.... Don't know about you all....but the price of chicken is climbing around here! :eek: And since we are big 'yard bird' eaters.... I've noticed it.

We have Grilled our old Grill....to death, salute. Got a new one this weekend! It's one that I can use coals/smoke on the other side of the regular grill!....I'm excited to

start using it.... we're throwing chops on there tonight!:D

We can grill just about year round here....YAY!!

I need to work on my excersise................ugh...... I'm dragging in that department.

Have a great day!!

• 1 month later...
Ya All alive out there?! :p:D

Did you give up? :( Hit your Goal? :) Quit Cruzzing?? :eek:

I'm here! Our cruise is in Jan so I'm into MAJOR LC Mode! I have been exercising daily and now I'm thinking of doubling up - for me it's huge for a "normal" person probably not - I do 3 miles on my treadmill so I'm thinking of doing the 3 in the am and 3 in the pm

Panic mode HA HA

I think that is terrific!!!! We have been walking more, because the temps are better and we make our selves go right after work, before it's to dark!

That morning and evening work out...kicking it up...and extra water for your work out will really make a difference!! Keep us posted!:D

No still 8 years at goal, and since the last time I posted, I won the Atkins All Star contest for males 40 & Under, and I am going to be featured in the Quick Start guide. I am also looking forward to my cruise in little more than a month to the Caribbean.

I'm alive and hanging in there. I'm down about 55 from January and holding my own.

I will be cruising for 3 weeks in December with a Girl Friend I met on another cruise. We leave the DH's at home due to time and cost. My Sister will be joining us the first 10 days.

No still 8 years at goal, and since the last time I posted, I won the Atkins All Star contest for males 40 & Under, and I am going to be featured in the Quick Start guide. I am also looking forward to my cruise in little more than a month to the Caribbean.

That is awesome.;)

Great job!!! 8 years! .. Do you have an excersise routine that has helped you maintain.? :)

I do have to say that I enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with a nice Turkey! I like turkey...and the leftovers that I can use for many dishes!:D

I do wish I had a Cruise in 3 weeks like Melody!...but I have to wait until August! ;)

Great job!!! 8 years! .. Do you have an excersise routine that has helped you maintain.? :)

For me, I run. I run a couple marathons a year. Prior to low carbing, I would never have had the energy to do that or even run a mile.

So...here come the New Year diet ads in a couple of weeks!

Is it just me.....? I'd rather watch the new 2013 car ads instead.

My weight is a struggle....all year long...just not the last of Dec - Jan!

And of course the Gym ads will be right behind the Diet ads.....

I'll just watch my movies! haha!

• 2 weeks later...
So...here come the New Year diet ads in a couple of weeks!

Is it just me.....? I'd rather watch the new 2013 car ads instead.

My weight is a struggle....all year long...just not the last of Dec - Jan!

And of course the Gym ads will be right behind the Diet ads.....

I'll just watch my movies! haha!

I'm there with you. Jan-Dec are the only months I have issue with:D

Getting a work out in....and a walk tonight! I'm feeling pretty good about that! What is your favorite Winter work out?
I haven't gotten any work outs in lately. Just cooking, caring for grandkids and packing planning for my 3 week cruising heading out Sunday and hope I do as good with my weight this time as I did in Feb for 2 weeks, loss 2 pounds.

Melody! You did so great on your last Cruise...you can totally do it again!

I'm a bit sore on my behind from my workouts....that's a good thing! LOL! ;)

What do you do with all of the goodies everyone brings over for the holidays?

For Thanksgiving.........I sent what wasn't eaten ... back home with who ever brought them! Much Thanks for Bringing it...but they weren't going to be here to eat it and enjoy it...so it had to go back with them!.. And that included a delish coconut cream pie!! :eek::) .. But I did it, and today , my jeans thank me for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Well............2 weeks before Christmas Eve... What are you planning for Christmas Day Dinner?

I went to a Cookie Exchange on Saturday and yes, I took a sweet treat to trade , but I also too 2 different kinds of Cheeseballs! There were Veggies there too... so I took my low carb treat (Cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese are the basics) and crunching that on a veggie... YUM! And I got to enjoy the party! Think about it.... If you take something that you know...keeps you on track... then Party ON! haha! :D:p

Life is Life folks.....and if you remind yourself that you can be in control of your eating habits - Your jeans will thank you in January! ;):);)

Well............2 weeks before Christmas Eve... What are you planning for Christmas Day Dinner?

I went to a Cookie Exchange on Saturday and yes, I took a sweet treat to trade , but I also too 2 different kinds of Cheeseballs! There were Veggies there too... so I took my low carb treat (Cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese are the basics) and crunching that on a veggie... YUM! And I got to enjoy the party! Think about it.... If you take something that you know...keeps you on track... then Party ON! haha! :D:p

Life is Life folks.....and if you remind yourself that you can be in control of your eating habits - Your jeans will thank you in January! ;):);)

Great tips, Jean!

I don't usually gain at Christmas...it's January & February that do me in every year.

My plan for this year is to keep swimming 3 days/week & run/circuit 2 days/week...adding a bike day here & there.

I just found the Atkins Carb Counter app & it looks like a good way to track my food! Can't wait to try it!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome NCGirl!

Here it is - First of the year - and we all hope for losing a few pounds in 2013!

It's a proven fact .... you watch what you eat...make good choices, exercise...and your body shape will change.... it will get smaller! :eek: Really!! It will!! :) But not in a week.

So... if you have read the Atkins Book...and you really get what it's talking about, you'll find that if you have success with a low carb (NOT NO CARB) diet that there are guidelines that you continue to take with you and it just becomes a way of life. So there are many who do Atkins dieting and have success!....And some who learn that their bodies love the low carb eating and the energy it brings - and makes it a way of life! Now..excercise... that's a whole nuther story! LOL!.. ahhh... so many ways to exercise.... simple as walking.... complex as a marathon... YOU CHOOSE!! ;)

Many who know me from here.... know that I'm talking to myself...Ya 'All are just listening to me talk to myself!! LOLOLOL!!! :p:D

I'd say this is my first year... that... I did not gain weight through the Holidays! I looked back on my calendar..(yes, I track my weight through the year, and you should too...it's very eye opening!) and I'm the same today...as Oct 19! So, you can have a holiday treat here and there, watch your intake, drink water, have the flu and still fit into your close nicley between Dec 15 - Jan 2! ;)

Now... I gotta work on that excersice part of the plan!

Edited by NMCruzzin

I managed to make it through the holidays without too much damage...but I'm cruising in a week and a half & not super happy about the shape I'm going in. Oh well. My fitness is pretty good right now--lots of exercise happening over here, and I ran 3.5 miles this morning in 22 degrees! After being sick & not working out for 3 weeks. I feel good.

So, not the prettiest bathing suit body on the beach, but I'll beat a few people up & down the rock wall. :p

Definitely, six-pack abs are made in the kitchen! I've got my six-pack, you just gotta poke through about an inch to get to it! :D

Edited by Rocknsoul

I'm still hanging in there. I'm down about 6 pounds since I started a few weeks ago and my 18 year old son is dragging me to the gym with him several times a week LOL.We are going on our cruise on March 30 for seven days. I was looking at pictures of all the people walking around in bathing suits...motivation to stick with it!

Have had a rough week.... just don't know why carbs seem to sooth the edges of the ups & downs of life... but they sure seem too. This week anyway!

Good job ncgirl. Remember to drink some big glasses of water too!

Jean, I'm sorry you had a rough week. I hope this week is better. :)

ncgirl, great job! I'm cruising in 2 days with let's just say less than my best bikini body. :p Oh well!

Edited by Rocknsoul