Cabanas at Princess Cays

dottiedef

We have reserved one of the cabanas for our day at Princess Cays and wonder if it is necessary. My husband does not like to sit in the sun and I will probably be in the water the majority of the time. Where are these cabanas located? Will we have a "better" spot if we have one? I was hoping that someone with experience with these cabanas would give some advice. Thanks.

THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!! haha sorry.

We had one on our CB cruise over Thanksgiving. Believe me if theres more then one ship in port...its very crowded on the island.

They are located all the way at the end of the Princess' part of the Island. Very private. No crowds at all! Great views of the water and where the ships anchor.

They are air conditioned. And the waiters will get anything for you. They bring you a little bit of everything from the buffet. You don't need to get up to get any drinks/food at all! We all loved it. It's definately worth it. Theres also a nice view of the lagoon behind the beach. I wish Princess would make a nice area to swim in that lagoon. It is really nice. We had the Yellow one at the very beginning.

Anyway, hope you have a great time!

Hi There:

My DH and I have opted for the cabana at Princess Cays the last two times we were there. We really like it because DH doesn't like the sun either. As far as location is concerned, they are lined up on the right hand side of the beach. You present your excursion ticket at the little building on the beach and they will take you to the cabana. The later in the day you get there, the less options for location you have. The ones furthest down the beach seem to go last probably because you have to walk a bit to get there and the further down you go the further away from the bar and restrooms you are. Fine with us because we like it quiet. Some cabanas are right up front on the water and some are not. I hope this helps a little.

Beach cabana is 24 each.. Bungalos are 199 each.

From reading these Princess pages it seems some are confused about the cabana and think that when its booked they get one of those house type beach thingees.

each cabana holds 2 people- http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2949708980056174329dWalhB

cabanas are lined up along the shoreline

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1483371024059998122TGrVVB

bungaloos hold 6

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2814406210054551263bUCxKu

Oops. Nevermind. Don't pay any attention to my review.

your review is great-- for a bungalow. BUt notice on the photo above for the bungalow--the people called it the cabana.

Going to webshots.com and search for either a cabana or the bungalow will get you photos of each.

You should definetly get the cabana! I burn very easily, so we paid for one at Princess Cays. From what I recall we paid for one, received a ticket and then we went to the row of cabanas...picked on out ourselves, and gave the ticket to a man with a key. He opened up the one that we picked out! We got on right on the water, it was wonderful! :)

beach.jpg.1c8e33649429ba01d3ecd6c942619f2d.jpg

We hired a cabana on the 18th January. (It's the small blue enclosed canopy in which you can have two sun loungers NOT the wooden bungalow!) I thought we would need it as I have to be careful not to burn in the sun. The day we were there the Sun Princess was the only ship there and we really didn't make much use of the cabana. We swam, walked along the beach, looked at the shop and the little stalls just outside the enclosed area and didn't sit down for long at all.

If we had wanted to sit or lie down there were plenty of shady spots under trees etc. The cabana was useful for leaving our belongings in whilst we were away for the barbecue lunch but all in all we didn't find it that useful. I would check to see how many ships will be docked in Princess Cays the day you are due to arrive though as perhps then it may be worthwhile. If you prefer a cabana near the water and dock get there early.

hope that helps,

Ann

We were at Princess Cays last year and reserved a cabana...then cancelled it right before our trip. I am glad we did. If you try to get the 1st or 2nd tender off the ship, there are so many places to sit that are close to the water but shaded. From what I have read on these boards, the cabanas tend to get very hot and uncomfortable. I would save the $24 and get there early enough to get a spot under a tree!

Hi,

We were thinking about renting a bungalow for our upcoming July 8th cruise and was wondering how far a walk it is over the sand to get to them? I have foot problems and walking a long distance in beach sand is a killer. HAL had a 4wheel drive truck that took us all down to the bungalow on Half Moon Cay (which was gorgeous btw). Just wondered if Princess did the same thing for those of us that cant walk that far?

thanks

Archived