Buff Brides?!

briseis23

Mmmargaritas are my FAV! I did get blended because I don't drink as fast and hey, I get a little ice/water in with the drink!

Manda, I did end up eating about 1/3 of the shell... :o

But only maybe 5 chips total with the salsa so I don't feel too bad...I did hold off on all the sour cream & extras!!!

Have a good night everyone!

I've been shying away from this thread because I have nothing to report but my failures. :o I have been AWFUL and I'll spare you the details. It's showing too...my measurements are slowly creeping up. For some reason my motivation just whooshed out the door. I got lazy when I broke my arm and the diet failed shortly behind that.

I am following you all and using you to help get my motivation up again. Sorry..that sounds awful...I'm using you! :D

Go Lora! Go Lora! (said with that 1990's arms out front doing that weird circle thing) Go - go - go Lora!

I'm such a nerd! But thought you could use a little cheerleading gone very wrong to help ya out.

I'd bake you a cake, but that won't help.

Cheers!:D

Finn, am I reading this right? Are you posting at 3:26am???

Lora, no worries. It happens. Your weight is going to go up, and it's going to go back down again. You just need to maintain focus on your goals. It helps if your fiance is also trying to reach some kind of goal.

I am ready to get back to the gym. I hope I get the okay from the oral surgeon today!!!

You can "use" us all you want, Lora!!! :D

Absolutely don't let slip-ups get you down. Don't give up. You've come a long way! Even if you take one step back, you're not going all the way back to the beginning. It's just a hurdle to get past.

Just take things one day/pound/inch at a time. Think of how great it feels when you notice, REALLY notice that hey, these jeans are looser. Or hey, it's getting easier to do this workout. It's a great feeling, right?

Jump right back into things (as your health allows) and you will start feeling that way again, I promise!

I was just reading through these, and I thought that considering the conversation this might be appropriate to share right now.

Plateau Busters - Parts 1, 2, and 3

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=516

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=522

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=534

It's all about the little victories. I am no longer focusing on my screw ups. So, here's today's little victory: Baby shower at work, I was in charge of the donuts. Great. So I buy 2 dozen donuts. My favorite donut is the one that looks like a boston cream, but instead has that ridiculously sweet white cream filling. I bought two of those. And when the shower started, I had a bagel and fruit. But I wanted that donut. And no one else did. It sat there ALL day. Anytime I left my office I had to walk by it. When I left at 4pm, it was still there. And I still wanted it. But I didn't eat it. The point of this rambling story? Be proud of the good choices you make even if you've also made bad choices.

The other thing I'm proud of, swimming was not complete torture today. But I got some disappointing news. My trainer is leaving the area for grad school...and she's leaving 3 weeks before my triathlon. I didn't think I was that attached to her, but I am seriously unhappy about this!

Lora, stick with us, ok? I'm already losing my trainer. I don't want to start losing my online wedding buddies too!

I just got a workout walking through the stores! Hobby Lobby has half off all their bridal stuff. Time to stalk up! Also, Party City has bachelorette merchandise and it's much cheaper than what I have found online (for the same line). Yes, I bought my own sash. I'm VERY picky!

Here's a healthy(er) recipe for you chocolate lovers:

Dreamy Chocolate Fudge

Serves: 50

Indulge with this creamy delight.

INGREDIENTS

1-1/2 cups sugar substitute

2/3 cup evaporated 2% milk

2 tablespoons stick butter

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS

1. Combine sugar substitute, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a medium size heavy saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

2. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla until completely melted and smooth. Pour mixture into foil-lined 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm to the touch. Remove foil from pan and fudge. Cut into squares. Refrigerate any remaining fudge

NUTRITION INFO

Calories: 38

Fat: 2.2 g

Carbohydrates: 5.8 g

Protein: 0.4 g

LORA........

I have something that should make you smile... I am a huge Steelers fan too! I will be in Pittsburgh 3 times the rest of this summer. My bridal shower will be immediately followed by going to the Steelers/Green Bay preseason game. :)

Sorry... I was just on your website. LOL! :)

i love pittsburgh i use to live in peters township in mcmurray pa it was on the outskirts of pittsburgh what a great place and the people were wonderful but the hills and the snow was terrible now i love in florida:p

I live in Florida too (Jacksonville, originally from Orlando). But my family is all in Pittsburgh, so that is home. I only lived there for a couple years in high school. But I go back enough so I get to enjoy a little snow before coming back to wearing shorts in December. :)

LORA........

I have something that should make you smile... I am a huge Steelers fan too! I will be in Pittsburgh 3 times the rest of this summer. My bridal shower will be immediately followed by going to the Steelers/Green Bay preseason game. :)

Sorry... I was just on your website. LOL! :)

I live in Florida too (Jacksonville, originally from Orlando). But my family is all in Pittsburgh, so that is home. I only lived there for a couple years in high school. But I go back enough so I get to enjoy a little snow before coming back to wearing shorts in December. :)

oh the wedding, how exciting, hope yours is as great as mine was i still can remember that day like it was yesterday

Go Lora! Go Lora! (said with that 1990's arms out front doing that weird circle thing) Go - go - go Lora!

I'm such a nerd! But thought you could use a little cheerleading gone very wrong to help ya out.

I'd bake you a cake, but that won't help.

Cheers!:D

Well....it would help if it was a chocolate blob with blue flowers..... ;)

Thanks gals. I really appreciate the support. It's odd that I can get more weight loss support in an online forum than IRL. Brise, I'll check those links out in a bit. They sound interesting and might help me out! :)

I've decided to just not worry about it for the rest of this week. Monday is a new week and a new leaf. I'm slowly going to just spend this week getting my diet back on track and then add the exercise in again on Monday.

We went to Adventureland (Six Flags -like amusement park) and I did a TON of walking but went to Pizza Hut for supper. Not much for choices around the area. I figured it was a tad better than McD's or Burger King.

When I did WW my snack of choice was a particular popcorn...I tihnk it was Jolly Time Healthy Pop. You could eat ridiculous amounts for very few points. For "dessert" the sugar free popsicles (about 35 calories for one popsicle). Also, I liked the fat free puddings (and if you want to make it creamier, add the fat free cool whip). If you eat the frozen weight watchers meals (I think they are the "smart ones" brand...but lean cuisine also lists WW points on the box...you just have to hunt for them!) you may find that they aren't as filling as you want (esp. when exercising a lot), so I always made extra steamed veggies to add in. Guess that's it for my WW advice...oh, except this...don't forget to count the calories (points?) in your ketchup/mustard.... I made that mistake for awhile!

I've decided to do Weight Watchers. I signed up for their online guide. Has anyone else done WW? I need good snack ideas....

You know...I'm thinking of doing the online thing as well. I feel like I need something to give me a kick in the butt! I have not been eating very well at all and maybe I need more guidelines. With WW online, don't they have points calculators and point lists and such? That might be really helpful when I'm at work; I've found I'm best when I track all day long and not only at night when I remember. :rolleyes: Anyone who has done WW online, let me know what you think! (Esp. you Beth! :))

Today was really fun. We had a site visit for work and headed up to Milwaukee to look at the City Hall. I got to go out on the scaffolding, more than 300' high! We did have harnesses and lanyards and such, and a safety course. At least I had some activity today!

Does this sound like you?

7:00am: An infuriating alarm jolts you awake.

7:30am: After three snooze delays you finally turn it off and force yourself to jump out of bed.

8:15am: Two cups of coffee later, you're stuck in maddening morning traffic.

2:30pm: You practically fall asleep at your desk.

"I got eight hours of sleep last night," you think hazily. "Why am I still tired?"

This is sooooooooo me!! I'm yawning like crazy over here! This came from an article on SparkPeople: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=329

Just thought there might be others like me who are not getting enough sleep (or enough "good" sleep). :)

Happy Friday!

Does this sound like you?

7:00am: An infuriating alarm jolts you awake.

7:30am: After three snooze delays you finally turn it off and force yourself to jump out of bed.

8:15am: Two cups of coffee later, you're stuck in maddening morning traffic.

2:30pm: You practically fall asleep at your desk.

"I got eight hours of sleep last night," you think hazily. "Why am I still tired?"

This is sooooooooo me!! I'm yawning like crazy over here! This came from an article on SparkPeople: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=329

Just thought there might be others like me who are not getting enough sleep (or enough "good" sleep). :)

Happy Friday!

That DOES sound like me! Although, I've never liked getting up before say, 8:30-9 a.m. I'll have to check that article out.

On another note, I signed up for WW online last night! I'm totally ready to get my eating on track! It was around $65 and I get 3 months.

Archived