Buff Brides?!

briseis23

Hey Gwen! Good luck with the teeth. I had mine done a few years ago. It wasn't fun, but I recovered pretty quickly. My favorite recovery food was mashed potatoes.

I was good at the gym today... but TERRIBLE with the diet. First, there was a donut. I was punished for the donut immediately after leaving dunkin donuts. My coworker spilled his iced coffee ALL over my pants and the car. Then, there was dinner. My favorite vice, chinese food. (something called triple green delight, it's spicy veggies in garlic sauce) I'm waiting for the next round of punishment. ;)

Well it seems like I'm the only one NOT doing Buff Brides. I'm tempted to pick it up...but I am really bad about doing weights or lifting on my own. Glad to hear it's working well for everyone though!

Anyone know if Buff Brides focuses on abs too? The type of dress I want does not hide ANYTHING! So I really want to tone my stomache. But I get tired of the same old sit ups and crunches.

If Buff Brides doesn't have any abs, do you recommend any dvds for that?

Update: Down 3 lbs since two weeks ago!

Thanks ladies and keep up the good work!

Yes, there are some moves on the exercise ball for abs. However, I believe there might be better options out there if you want to tone that area. On Buff Brides it's a lot of crunches and things like that.

Lora, did you have a great ab workout that you recommended? I can't remember.

Either way, congrats on the 3 pounds!!! You're on your way!

Yeah, that was me! :) I didn't like the ab workout on Buff Brides. It's OK, I just don't like being on the floor. I do the Core Secrets system. It is a full body exercise routine, but the ab workouts, IMHO, are the best! It's done on the exercise ball and it is SO easy on the back and neck. I have issues with my abdominal muscles (two were torn during an emergency c-section) and I started Core Secrets on the advice of my Ob/Gyn.

I got the basic CS set at Target for about $30-40ish (don't remember exactly). You get two workout DVD's, one of which has 2 routines on it, a 25 min and 45 min). I like the shuffle feature on the DVDs. It moves the routine around but does the same exercises. That way I don't feel like I'm doing the SAME thing all the time. It also includes the ball, pump, and a meal planner if you want to use it.

HTH :)

Hi everyone! Wow, everyone is doing so well! I have an update on my situation with the fiance...after losing that 15 lbs, he is COMPLETELY motivated to get on the diet and exercise wagon with me...FINALLY. Since that morning, he has gotten up at 4:45 every morning to get to the gym before work. I have been joining him (even though I don't have to be up until 7 usually) because this has been the team work/motivation I have been waiting for. And, he has been doing portion control with me too! I wonder how long this will last..haha.

Thanks Mandabear for that link to the video...I hadn't seen that before but it was funny.

I haven't been doing the Buff Brides workout but it seems like you all like it a lot. I work out twice a week with my trainer and do cardio at least 5 times a week. I think that's enough, but I've been tempted to get the book just to try it since I keep hearing you all rave about it :)

Welcome to the newbie (sorry, after writing all of this I can't remember your name :o ). This is such a great message board, which I'm sure you've already figured out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Nikki

I'm telling you all, the wisdom teeth diet is the way to go! I went to my weigh in today and lost 8lbs since last Thursday! Hahaha!

I am eating more than jello and soup now. I had pasta and steamed veggies last night. I just had to put them in a food processor. I'm sure I'll put some of the weight back on, but I'm hoping I can use this to motivate myself to stick to a diet and practice portion control!

LORA........

I have something that should make you smile... I am a huge Steelers fan too! I will be in Pittsburgh 3 times the rest of this summer. My bridal shower will be immediately followed by going to the Steelers/Green Bay preseason game. :)

Sorry... I was just on your website. LOL! :)

Gwen- 8 pounds! I almost wish I still had wisdom teeth just so I could have them taken out again! Sounds like you are feeling better.

I rode my bike outside today. 12 miles in about 45 minutes. It was actually fun, since I had a friend with me.

Has anyone seen "the biggest loser-engaged couples" show? It's on the style network now. Two couples compete to lose the most weight and win their dream wedding.

Yeah, it's a tough diet. I had fried rice and wonton soup for lunch. Hahaha! I can pretty much eat anything. I just can't chew. So if I want something that needs chewed, it has to go in the food processor.

That would be so awesome! Biggest Loser Couples! I would love to be on that show!

LORA........

I have something that should make you smile... I am a huge Steelers fan too! I will be in Pittsburgh 3 times the rest of this summer. My bridal shower will be immediately followed by going to the Steelers/Green Bay preseason game. :)

Sorry... I was just on your website. LOL! :)

How awesome! I think I'll invite myself to your shower! :D lol I'll spare telling my fiance about your being able to attend the games. He'll just get that "I want to go" thing going and that's quite a trip for us! :) He won't accept watching them at a venue near us, he is dying to go to Pittsburgh to get the home field experience!

Maybe we'll get there someday.

Steel city mafia...makes you sound really tough Gwen! I am not actually an Eagles fan, but I can't admit that around home because I work in Philly! (and the rest of the office are all die-hards!).

I GAINED 2 pounds. :( And I shouldn't be whining about it because I know exactly what happened. I'm at the gym every day, and twice on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I get cocky and think, well, I'm working so hard, I can eat out and share a few of fiance's onion rings. And since I forgot to pack lunch, is one slice of pizza THAT big of a deal? And, well, since we're out at this nice restaurant, we might as well split dessert. Any ONE of those things would probably not have mattered, and I do think that sometimes you have to treat yourself... but I thought about at what I ate last week and I was SHOCKED. So, it's back to the food journal for me. At least then I have to think about it and write it down. Here's hoping the next date with the scale is a bit more impressive!

If that makes me tough, then I shouldn't mention I am also a Mafia "Boss." LOL!

You're so right. It's easy to slip and think you'll make up for it later. I am so excited that I lost 8 pounds this past week (since 5 of it I had gained right before surgery). I know I was also retaining water, so that was part of it, too. But when my stitches come out, will I go back to eating huge portions, or will this be a lesson that small portions of food can fill me up? I mean, I am eating, but it takes so much effort to eat that I am eating less and stopping when I have had enough food. We shall see. In the meantime, at least I will get to wear my little red dress to the banquet next weekend! :)

Enjoy the red dress! I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. I don't have wisdom teeth anymore, but maybe I can convince him to yank out a few of the other ones... ;)

New side dish idea. Ok, so I know that olive oil isn't great, but this only uses one teaspoon. Tonight I made the standard grilled chicken and I am so tired of chicken that I got creative with the veggies. Chopped up onion, tomato, and baby corn (it was in a can in the Asian section near the stir fry stuff). Tossed it all together with the oil and some salt and spread it out on a baking sheet. I cooked it for about 20 minutes and then I broiled it to get that crunchy, almost burnt, roasted veggie flavor. It was pretty good (definitely better than MORE steamed broccoi).

That sounds yummy! I will have to try that sometime.

This past week I have been eating nothing but pasta, ice cream (with caramel syrup), jello, popcorn and soup and I lost more weight than I have the whole time I've been dieting. So I think I need to just eat really unhealthy. Do you think it will work? :)

I wish that would work!! I am going on vacation (camping) this weekend and I am really worried about what FI is going to buy to eat. I am trying to stay away from red meats but I don't think that is going to work...Just have to hit the gym harder this week before I leave.

Should be getting my Buff Brides book today!! Very excited to start it.

My sisters, mom and me are going dress shopping tomorrow!! Wish I would have lost a few more lbs but oh well. I am excited anyway.

Good Luck this week everybody!!

Hi everyone!

Ugh, so I had a "bad" weekend. It was my birthday weekend so I did have a somewhat legitimate reason for splurging. Although I know I'm not cheating anyone but myself...I did make it to mini goal for my birthday but I'm afraid I blew it now. I'm feeling all your pain!

Saturday we saw Harry Potter at IMAX (last 20 minutes were in 3D!) and I went out to lunch with my family and fiancé to California Pizza Kitchen. Split spinach dip, 2 specialty pizzas...then popcorn at the movies...then nothing for dinner except beer and 2 appetizer samplers at Dick's Last Resort (went out with a group of friends).

Then on Sunday I had chinese food for dinner and a slice of pizza for lunch...

I have not weighed myself but I will do so tomorrow morning. Yikes!

P.S. I have dinner tonight with some old friends at a Mexican Restaurant. Any suggestions for heathy fare??? Salad or other? Thanks guys!

Rachie, you are freaking me out. We also saw Harry Potter at the IMAX theatre. LOL! Unfortunately, we didn't get any cool 3D features. :(

I can't think of anything healthy at a Mexican restaurant. Social outings will kill a diet! Grrrrrrr!!!! It has been easier to turn those down since I can't really talk right now either. :)

I know, I'm thinking I might try to order a salad or else fajitas and eat just the filling - no extra sour cream, cheese, tortillas, etc. Just chicken, green peppers, onions, etc. What do you think? :confused:

Does anyone know if chicken tortilla soup is "healthy"? I was thinking about getting a cup of that to eat while everyone else is eating chips and salsa.

For lunch I'm trying to compensate, just got a healthy sub from Subway.

Some movies are just meant to be seen in IMAX. I wrote down the date on my calendar that tickets went on sale. But I am still jealous about 3D. That must have been so cool.

I had turkey and rice soup for lunch. I'm sure it wasn't all that healthy. Probably way high in sodium and I know there's fat in it. I could see the grease floating in the soup. LOL! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to eat real food again! For now, it's time for my afternoon jello snack. :)

Hey Rachie-

Guess you're already at dinner. In case you're not, I'd go with the fajitas, no sour cream... Or, order a taco salad, but don't eat the shell (I can never accomplish that so I've given up trying.) not sure what the nutrition info for the soup is, but it must be better than the chips! have fun and enjoy your birthday!

Hey everyone!

Just got back from dinner - and yes, I'm a little tipsy!!!

I ended up getting a chicken fajita salad - but with 2 margaritas which I'm sure negated the health benefits!!! :D

P.S. Thanks for the birthday happiness!!!

Archived