Buff Brides?!

briseis23

Thanks gals. I was pretty excited about that! :D

Manda....we'll just have to gimp through our workouts together! lol

Briseis...6:15am?!?! My Lord...I'd simply die! lol I'm usually up around that time, but puttering around in my PJs and grumbling about being up that early!

For those of you who have already ordered your gowns: Are you worried about losing too much weight and your dress not being able to be altered correctly? I've been worried about that now that my dress is finally here. The dress has a corset back, but a corset can only tie so tight. Busts can only be taken in so far, know what I mean? I don't want to ruin the look of my dress, but I want to keep working out and losing the weight!

I was bad and didn't do my workout tonight. My 5 year old got heat sick at t-ball practice tonight and we spent about 3 hours helping her throw up. She also had a tummy ache from eating too much farfalle alfredo when she got home. I plan on doing it tomorrow though, hell or high water! I hope this workout is really as good as the reviews claim it to be!

Hi everyone!

Well, I think we found a DJ! I'm really excited, we met with the owner of the comapny, and he is free on our night, and no extra charge. There are all these cool online features where you can add songs, listen to song clips, add special notes, and work out the schedule of your wedding. Plus, this company is only $100 more than a guy we were going to have that just does is as a part time job. Literally, this guy-out-of-his-house's contract said, "I will provide entertainment for you on 11/23/07. Signed His Name" LOL! We were like, um, shouldn't there be a little more on a contract than that?

Anyway, so we met with this new company last ngiht, and really like them, but we didn't get back home until 9:00 or so, so we stopped by Culver's because we were starving. :(

I got a kids meal but didn't eat the custard. Oh well, it could have been worse I suppose.

Lora, congrats on the National Dean's List, and don't worry about skipping a workout, you little one needed you. That's a pretty good excuse to me. I am also worried about my dress not fitting me when it comes in, mostly because they made me round up (I was in between sizes) so I already know it's going to be 2" big in the bust. PLUS whatever I lose. :eek:

Mandabear - Have fun at the bachelorette party! Enjoy the time with your girlfriends.

Brise - 15 pounds, that is a good goal! I should join you on that! I really want to go to the store and buy some jeans in a 12! (My 14's are loose, but I'm wearing a belt)

Have a good day, ladies!

Hey Lora... yeah, 6:15am is gonna suck, but I figure it's better than being at the gym till 8pm. My goal is 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night.

As for the dress, I got mine at David's and they said if I dropped 2 or more dress sizes then they would just order me a smaller dress. So I guess it just depends on the policy of the shop you got your dress from. That reminds me... I need to schedule my fittings!

Rachie, you'll have to explain the DJ thing to me. We are cruising on Carnival, and I thought we'd end up with whoever was available. You get to choose your own DJ?

Hey ladies! I hope you all enjoy the bachelorette festivities as much as my friend did! I was relatively good, considering the events of the weekend. my favorite part was the spa day today. Had an AMAZING massage! :)

Briseis, I'm with you about the early AM gym. I get to mine at 5:40 each morning. It took me about 2 months to get really used to this. It does get easier the more you do it... but even now, when the alarm goes off, I sit up in bed and stare at the wall for at least 5 minutes. Good luck with it!

Well, as long as you say it gets easier! I have been wanting to get up early to work out for a couple weeks now but have yet to do it. I always find some excuse. Usually it's that I went to bed too late! I always go to bed too late. Plus I love to sleep as late as I can!

On another note, I just got my perfume for the big day... Truly Pink by Vera Wang. It's killing me that I can't wear it!!!

Ladies... you amaze me. Getting to the gym at before 7 - before 9 even.. is excellent! Well done!

Brise- I'm with ya... sleep is a beautiful thing! We live in an old villa and it doesn't have central heating. Winter kicked in yesterday and it was all of 10 degrees C (53F) inside when we woke up!!! Like I want to get out of a nice warm bed in the dark to that!!!!

However, in the spirit of everyone's efforts I will endeavour to get my butt to at least one 6.15am spin class this week.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Luvmy - I too have a corset back dress, and was worried about losing too much weight! Don't know what I'll do, we only have 5 weeks!!!

Congrats to all the weight loss!!! I have not been so lucky. I had to go to GA/SC for business this past week (I'm from Florida) and booked hotels with exersize rooms in them to motivate me. Well, I went to one of the rooms to jog and realized the air is thinner in GA/SC and my asthma kicked in. :( No exersize after that. Still ate well, though. So I didn't gain/lose anything. Ugh.

Uh, der, sorry Rachie. That makes much more sense!

I am pooped from registering for gifts today, so hopefully I'll go to bed early and try my first day of working out before going into the office. I hate mornings!

I give up, I quit...I'm fired!! How in the HECK am I supposed to exercise when I keep getting hurt?!?

I have a broken toe from dropping a dumbbell on it. NOW I have a chipped ulna and I'm in an elbow length splint for at least 3 weeks. A stupid kid at work slammed a door into my arm last night. I thought the bruised bump looked funny, so I went and had it checked. Damn damn damn.....I need a beer...Lite beer, of course!

I give up, I quit...I'm fired!! How in the HECK am I supposed to exercise when I keep getting hurt?!?

I have a broken toe from dropping a dumbbell on it. NOW I have a chipped ulna and I'm in an elbow length splint for at least 3 weeks. A stupid kid at work slammed a door into my arm last night. I thought the bruised bump looked funny, so I went and had it checked. Damn damn damn.....I need a beer...Lite beer, of course!

Oh, my goodness!!! Poor thing! :eek: I didn't know for sure what an ulna is but I'm guessing it's part of the arm. That really stinks. I hope you feel better soon, and make sure you take care of yourself.

Ugh, when I woke up this morning I was hoping it was another weekend day, but nope, it's 6am and no sleeping in! When the wedding/honeymoon rolls around, I am absolutely going to be so excited for the break and vacation!

Anyway, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and see how my week of salads (which I tried to stick to) and working out outside worked out for me. I'll keep you posted!

Later,

Rach

Oh no Lora! That's so unfair. I hope you are feeling better soon. Look at it this way, at least the wedding is far enough off that you will be healed and healthy by then. Maybe you are just getting your bad luck out of the way early...

Sometimes I make the most progress after being forced to take a break. It will be ok, you won't lose the progress that you made.

OMG Lora! I am cracking up over here! Not because of your bad luck, but because of that last comment. You are so funny!!

I hope you get better soon, though. Sounds like something that would happen to me!

This morning I weighed in, and I lost another 2.4 pounds this week, to bring the grand total up to 13! Yay! It's really nice after 2-3 weeks of nada!!!

Just thought I'd fill you in - have a great day everyone.

Lora, mandabear is right, even though you are temporarily out of action, don't think that it will make you lose all your progress! It's just a temporary stopping point until you get well again. You've done so great so far, just try to maintain that. After you are well again you can jump right back into things.

Congrats Rachie! I weigh in on Thursday. I hope I get some good news too!

Lora, can you swim with your injuries? That may be a way for you to still exercise.

My morning workout was great. I was very tired before I got there, and my muscles didn't wake up when I did because I really struggled with my upper body exercises. Also, my trainer is pushing me more because I'm trying to lose 10lbs by the end of July. Despite all of that, I felt great after I was through. I think I need to definitely have a morning workout every day!

Thanks, I was excited too! Every little bit counts in my book. I've finally realized that if I'm going to do this, it has to be a pound at a time. Every little 0.10 of a pound brings me that much closer to my goal!

BTW, I made a new workout playlist last night for my ipod (which is having problems right now, actually :( ). But I used a lot of your suggestions and I think they will keep me moving, thanks!

I tried to mix it up because some tunes work better for walking, some for running, and some for elliptical. I recently found Jessica Simpson's "Public Affair" for the elliptical.

Thanks!

BTW, yesterday I had a Starbucks craving and ordered my new favorite:

Iced Double Tall Non-Fat Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte. It's less than 70 calories (the "regular" tall has 70, but this version has an extra shot of espresso instead of more milk, hence the "double"). I know espresso has less calories than milk, so I know it's less than 70 calories, but I have yet to figure that out. It's also a good dose of calcium!

They also have a new sugar-free caramel syrup so I'm looking forward to trying an Iced Double Tall Non-Fat Sugar-Free Caramel Macchiato.

I was craving something chocolatey and almost gave in to one of their chocolate chip cookies. Luckily I remembered I had a 90 calorie Chocolate Drizzle Special K bar in my bag. When I got back I looked up the calories for the cookie and it was 470 calories, 22 grams of fat. I was shocked!!! Lately that has been about what I'm eating for lunch alone! I don't know why I was so surprised but I was. Starbucks is NOT great for snacks nutrition-wise. In fact, on their nutrition info online I couldn't find anything I wanted for less than approx. 250 calories.

Just wanted to give a heads up, I'm pretty sure there are a few other Starbucks enthusiasts on this board. :D

Guess I need to change my Starbucks diet. I was doing one latte for breakfast, one for lunch, and a sensible dinner. Just kidding.

I love the Special K Chocolatey Drizzle bar. You know, they have it in a cereal, too. I have become such a Special K nut. I love the plain, original cereal, but we have at least 4 kinds of the cereal bars and two of the cereals (LOVE the fruit and yogurt cereal). It seriously is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I was craving ice cream the other day and had a bowl of cereal instead. So I guess it can be dessert, too!

I have to weigh in tomorrow. Will those two slices of pizza come back to bite me in the @$$? We'll see...

Wait, Briseis, are you telling me that there is a chocolate drizzle cereal too! That would make me so happy!

So I am rethinking my gym plan. I'm getting really frustrated because I work out ALL the time (at least once a day, EVERY day) and I'm just not seeing it pay off. Don't get me wrong, I've lost 30 pounds since I started in January, but lately I am on a major plateau. I'm tired all of the time and I'm always sore, so I'm thinking it's time to back off a bit and take a day off each week. Opinions?

Archived