info on BA cabin 10730 & 10230

theroos

My wife and I and my son and his wife were lucky to get the two BA cabins on deck 10 at the aft of the ship for the April 10 sailings in 2005. Does anyone have any info and have stayed in these cabins? I had heard they are a little different than the normal BA cabins.

Yes I have stayed in 10230, same size cabin MUCH LARGER BALCONY. I am going on the Star in March and it will be the 3rd. time I have stayed in one of these cabins.

We love the size and watching the wake. Great views of sunrises and sunsets. No wind and rain. Enjoy:D

We are booked on the Dawn April 10th 05 as well. I;m from Matawan, It's our first cruise, my husband and our 2 boys ages 7 and 13. Have you cruised before onthis ship? ANy info would be helpful. WE are in an AG on deck 11. ;)

For theroos...

Congratulations on landing those BA cabins with the BIGGER balconies! We had hoped for the same on our 4/25/04 cruise but ended up with midship BA cabins on Deck 10. Those balconies are definitely small but enjoyable!

One thing you might like to be aware of...the aft cabins on Deck 10 are slightly visible from the Spa windows above (on Deck 11). Basically all you can see of the Deck 10 aft balconies is the balcony railing and about two feet of the balcony before the railing...and that is only if one virtually lays on the spa windows (that are at an outward angle from the ship) and looks down. Check out my picture attachments to this posting, so you can see what I mean. I wouldn't think this a "real" problem...just something to be aware of so you don't encounter any embarassing moments on your BIG balcony!

Picture synopsis:

1. An aft forward view of the NORWEGIAN DAWN showing the opposite angulations of the stern and the Spa windows on Deck 11. (The Spa windows are the dark ones at the top of the ship. The next three decks down are the balconied cabins on Decks 10, 9, 8. Beneath them, on Deck 7 is a narrow walkway on the Promenade behind the Galleria Shops. The verticle windows with the interesting design are the windows of the Venetian Restaurant on Deck 6...a very nice place to secure a seat for dinner and watch the ship's wake.)

2. A direct view of the NORWEGIAN DAWN stern.

3. Looking straight out of the Spa Windows on Deck 11. Another nice place to sit and watch the trail the ship has left behind. The picture windows angel out from the bottom to the top.

4. The ship's wake as seen looking directly out from the lounge chairs in the Spa on Deck 11.

5. A view of the balconies on Deck 10 below as seen when standing in the Spa on Deck 11 and leaning on the windows and looking straight down. You can see about two feet of the balconies on Deck 10 and about a foot of the balconies on Deck 9.

PICTURES ATTACHMENTS POSTED IN NEXT MESSAGE

Debjo (hoping for an upgrade on our April 24, 2005 cruise as the aft BA balconies were all sold out when we booked a year in advance!)

Dorothyl, I would really appreciate that. It looks like you have been trying to upgrade, are you sure that you won't be able to? What I really want to know is there really enough room for my boys to share the sofa bed. It looks much smaller than in the AF mini suitessofa bed. I am thinking about bring a sleeping bag and putting my 7 year old on the floor. in case it's not big enough. My 13 year old is 5' 9" already. :) :)

If you're talking about the Star, I sailed in 10730 two years ago and it was terrific! The balcony seemed perfectly private, though we could see people below us if they were standing on the edge of their balcony or next to us if they were hanging over the rail. It was wonderful not having any strong winds and being able to sit out there while under way. The view was fairly panoramic as well.

Regarding Caren's question on the pull-out sofa, I am not sure how long it is, but it seemed narrower than a standard double bed, I think they describe it as a "single" bed in the stateroom description. There also isn't going to be much floor space for your sleeping bag idea once the sofa is pulled out. Sorry I couldn't answer your question better, I know the space seemed more than adequate for me and my husband, but I don't know how it would be with two kids too.

Yes, almost my whole family went last November. My oldest son had to cancel because his wife was having a baby and they would not let them on the cruise. We had four cabins Two AF'S and two AB penthouses. ( we got lucky and were upgraded from a AF to the AB for very little money). The AG's and AF's are the same except for location. The difference between the AG suite and the AB penthouse is like the difference between a one bedroom bungalow and a two bedroom ranch. It will be a very tight for four people since your children are older than two of my grandchildren that were in that cabin. The room is nice and you will love the ship. Try to get your TA to upgrade you to any of the penthouses because there is a seperate bedroom for your children. The service and food were good and there are many things to do all day and night on the ship. Five out of six of my grandchildren were in the the kids program and said they liked it and it let my daughters and son-in-laws participate in ship board activities. Try the speciaty restaurants, the food and service were very good. If you are planning on any excursions do not miss the air boat ride in the everglades. I got great pictures of alligators within two feet of me and other wild life. My wife and I are going on the 11 night southern caribbean cruise on the Dawn this November (Without our children and grandchilden). Get the romance package. For 79.00 it is the best value for your money and if you drink a lot of soda and juice also get the soda package ( they have one for adults and one for kids) go to the NCL web site for more info. I hope this helps you.

Archived