Do NCL onboard gift shops carry models of the ships?

mikeythemars

Particularly on the Spirit?

Asking because we're on the Spirit in less than two weeks, and I always try to get one of these when we cruise. I've got one of the S.S. France, the T.N. Michelangelo, the Disney Magic and the Carnival Miracle - granted, they're all of different scales and level of detail, but the collection is still impressive. If NCL does have one of the Spirit, I'll hit the gift shop early to grab it, since inventories of these things always seem to be low and they go fast.

I don't remember any physical models of the Spirit in the gift shop but I can't be sure. I do remember things like shot glasses that had paintings of Spirit on it, and keychains I think. You have to be careful though as they have representations of a number of the NCL ships, not just Spirit.

Teri

When my DH and I were on the Jewel last March, they had the model of the ship. RCCL also carries them, so I'm sure you'll have no problem finding them. My husband likes to get one on each cruise also. It must be a guy thing!:p

Particularly on the Spirit?

Asking because we're on the Spirit in less than two weeks, and I always try to get one of these when we cruise. I've got one of the S.S. France, the T.N. Michelangelo, the Disney Magic and the Carnival Miracle - granted, they're all of different scales and level of detail, but the collection is still impressive. If NCL does have one of the Spirit, I'll hit the gift shop early to grab it, since inventories of these things always seem to be low and they go fast.

We bought a ceramic small scale model of the Spirit when we were on her last August for our son. As the prior poster stated, it's lacking the hull art, but still a neat souvenier. It was $18-20 I believe.

Thanks for all the responses, and yes, this may be more a "guy" thing.:D

As for the lack of the hull art on the Spirit models, I do a lot of modelling and have gotten pretty good at scanning very detailed graphics, shrinking them to the approriate size and then printing them out onto special decal paper. So doing some "additional work" on the Spirit model to customize it into a more realistic representation will be a nice post-cruise challenge.

Here's the "crown jewel" of my collection - my 26 inch long built up model of the S.S. France.

GlencoeFrance.JPG

We were on the Jewel in Dec and no models were on board. Nor were there any on the Wind in 2005.

So call Flag Ship retail at 1-888-296-4189, price is $24.99 plus $10 S&H. My Jewel and Pearl models are due to arrive today.

Please check the phone number you listed. I called and got

"duefree america" or something that sounds like duefree. It is

a tape message so did not want to annoy the operator, and did not

push "0".

Should I have pushed "0" and asked for Flag Ship Retail?

Archived