5 Star Catamaran on Destiny question

cruising gopher

We are going on the Destiny in January 2005. We took the Tiami 5 hour trip last year but booked on our own. We were able to start drinking as soon as we got on the Catamaran. Has anyone taken this through Carnival? With two snorkel stops when can you start drinking. Last time we went we lunch with a beach break between snorkeling. Is this the same or are the two snorkel stops before lunch and beach break? We have been on ship booked tours before and you can not drink until all the snorkeling is done. We are not heavy drinkers but this is the one time we really cut loose and have fun.

• 1 month later...
I did the 5 Star Catamaran and had booked it though the ship (Princess). We had drinks available the whole time. We snorkeled in 2 spots and ended with lunch and the beach break. I loved this excursion, Barbados is so beautiful! I'm going back in November, but we are going to do a 4X4 adventure this time so we can see more of the island.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]cruising gopher ....[/B] We took this one on Princess and enjoyed it as much as [B]joyride[/B]!

The 5-Star Catamaran was WONDERFUL! Can't say enough GOOD THINGS about this tour. It was five hours of pure pleasure and worth every penny!!!

We've taken this one twice and both times the CREW made the whole trip so much the better! They really seemed to be enjoying what they were doing ... more like hosts [I](not just waiting on us)[/I] when they brought us drinks and snacks on the beach, etc.

Our beach stops were at different spots each time. Both were isolated coves (no vendors or hotels) with beautiful clean white sandy beaches. Think of beaches pictured in dreams!

We've been on way "too many to tell" catamaran excursions in the Caribbean and this is ABSOLUTELY one of the very best!!!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :) [/FONT]

To answer the question - it's a pretty big Catamaran. Not everyone on it was from Princess. We met a couple that was staying at a hotel in Barbados and had booked it also. Let me think, I would say maybe around 30-40 people. But, don't let that discourage you. They have a wonderful staff and you do not feel crowded.

I loved it so much, I'm thinking I should do it again instead of the 4 X 4 adventure. When I did the Catamaran before I was on a girl's trip, this time I'm going with hubby and he has never been to Barbados. I remember thinking that the beaches were the most beautiful I had ever seen. Now I'm in a quandry!

• 3 weeks later...
Please tell me Joyride at what time does it was leaving?
I am booking it with princess for nov 30 2004 but 5 hours I hope it wont start at 11:00 am an come back at 4:00 it kills your morning and your afternoon!
No sea sickness on the catamaran?
Do they give you mask for snorkling?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Francois

• 1 month later...
I tried to book this tour on line on our own and was told the we can only book through Carnival due to a contract the catamaran has with them. They can not book on line if the cruise ship offers the same tour. Does anyone know how much the cruise ships charge for the 5 star catamaran and turtle?

thanks

[quote name='Kathy M']I tried to book this tour on line on our own and was told the we can only book through Carnival due to a contract the catamaran has with them. They can not book on line if the cruise ship offers the same tour. Does anyone know how much the cruise ships charge for the 5 star catamaran and turtle?

thanks[/QUOTE]
Kathy-

I've got the entire Shore Excursion booklet and they are nice enough to make sure the prices don't end up in there. It just has 2 "running men" as I call them to give you a price range. My guess from that is $75. It's a 5 hour excursion.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived