How To Book June 2008 Cruise?

time11130

We have been on 2 different Royal Cruises several years ago and have always booked over a year in advance. I cannot seem to be able to find cruises for June of 2008. Am I missing something or did something change?

Thanks for any advixe you can give me. Lisa in Indiana

If the last year or 2 are any indication, the June 2008 itineraries should be released in early May 2007 which will go through about April 2009. They stagger the release dates based on areas (Caribbean, Europe, Alaske etc.)

Gregg

Guess time has changed. I checked our last cruise and we booked it 16 months ahead of time. Do the prices start out the cheapest the earlier you book still? We are hoping for a big family vacation on our next cruise.

Thanks for all of your help.

Lisa in Indiana

Guess time has changed. I checked our last cruise and we booked it 16 months ahead of time. Do the prices start out the cheapest the earlier you book still? We are hoping for a big family vacation on our next cruise.

Thanks for all of your help.

Lisa in Indiana

It's not that they've changed how far out you can book...

Based on what RCCL has done in the past, this spring they'll release the itineraries for cruises between approx April, 2008 through about March, 2009. If you are booking a winter cruise, you could actually book up to 22 months in advance. If you're booking a summer cruise, you can only book about 14 months in advance.... Hope that makes sense.

We've generally found the cheapest prices when the itineraries first come out. Since RCCL will honor a price drop on a cruise, IMO there really isn't any downside to booking far in advance. You get the best selection of cabins and still get the lowest price. Just keep an eye on the cost of your cruise and call them to request the price difference if it goes down.

How do you find out the day RCCL will release July, 2008? I'm waiting to book Alaska for next summer. Is there a particular website that will post?

Thanks.

Just keep checking the RCCL website... www.rccl.com.

Last year, sometime in April, one of our CC members posted a list of the projected dates the itineraries would be released.

RCCL has been pretty consistant with releasing itineraries the end of April/first part of May as Gregg and Erin mentioned earlier, so I wouldn't start checking every day just yet... ;)

We have been on 2 different Royal Cruises several years ago and have always booked over a year in advance. I cannot seem to be able to find cruises for June of 2008. Am I missing something or did something change?

Thanks for any advixe you can give me. Lisa in Indiana

Lisa, if you're planning on booking a western itinerary, go to www.wunderground.com and check out the almanacs for June. June is rainy season for some islands. Belize was a total washout for me last June and Key West was pretty dreary. Cancun was a big washout for my X and me in June of ? (the year President Reagan died)

Archived