How long do you have at Disney?

barbels

My friend and I will be on the Feb 18th Spirit cruise. We are thinking about going to Epcot(I think Epcot will be the most manageable park iin this crowded time). For those with experience taking the ship sponsored bus- how long did the trip take and what time was the last bus back to the ship?

Were ther long lines and waits for the busses? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Barbara

My friend and I will be on the Feb 18th Spirit cruise. We are thinking about going to Epcot(I think Epcot will be the most manageable park iin this crowded time). For those with experience taking the ship sponsored bus- how long did the trip take and what time was the last bus back to the ship?

Were ther long lines and waits for the busses? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Barbara

I did that itinerary last may. The bus takes about an hour to get to Disney. Since it drops you off at Magic Kingdom, you have to take the monorail to Epcot. I don't know how long you're in P. Canaveral, but we had a nice long time in Disney. We didn't have to board the bus until around 6:00. so basically we had around 6 hours in Disney.

I also did that itinerary last April. If I remember correctly, there were three buses from the ship going to the Disney bus parking lot. They told us the buses were leaving from the parking lot at exactly 6pm with or without us. We got to the buses at about 5:50 but there was only one bus there. Apparently the others had filled and left. Although we were a few minutes early, once we got on the bus it left because we were actually the last ones on. Everyone was scared and came back to the buses early.

We spent about 6 or 7 hours in the Magic Kingdom. We knew we weren't going to have much time there and that we weren't going to be able to do everything that we wanted to but it had been a few years since we were there so we got a taste of the fun.

This year we are doing the 6 day Spirit cruise again but will probably do Sea World this time around. With the short amount of time available we'll catch all the big shows and big rides and probably feel we got to see and do more than we did last year in the Magic Kingdom.

We went to Universal on this trip in August 2005.

We purchased the Universal Express ticket which allows you to go to the front of the line for each ride. They were not cancelling it off, so you wre able to ride again.

The busses left to get us into Universal at around 11 to 12. They left at 7.00pm. They do the scare bit about leaving without you , but we had to wait for buses from Disney, as there was a problem. We got back to the ship about 8-9 and were totally exhausted.

It's a good trip and would recommend the Express pass as you don't have time on your side.

Incidentally, the organisation re boarding the buses at PC was rubbish. Would recommend getting off the ship as early as possible to be on the earliest leaving. The problem seemed to be with the Universal people making sure everyone had the correct type of entry ticket.for the correct park They should have sorted that out by now.

I did that itinerary last may. The bus takes about an hour to get to Disney. Since it drops you off at Magic Kingdom, you have to take the monorail to Epcot. I don't know how long you're in P. Canaveral, but we had a nice long time in Disney. We didn't have to board the bus until around 6:00. so basically we had around 6 hours in Disney.

That is plenty of time to get through Epcot.

Go to the Disney website to map out your walk through Epcot so that you will see it all:)

Guest BeckyThane
Thanks for your quick replies. Being dropped at the Magic Kingdom does cut down on time in any of the other parks. Now I am thinking of renting a car. Has anyone had experience doing that?

I haven't done that mainly because I have a great fear of getting caught in traffic going back to the port and missing the ship. If you take the ship's excursion/buses, the ship will at least wait for you.

When SIL and I did the Dawn in November we seriously considered taking the Disney excursion, but I'm such a Disney-phile that six hours is simply not enough; it's only enough to really whet my appetite and make me cranky that I have to leave before I'm ready! :p

I did the space center twice last year -- once off the Crown Princess and once off the Dawn (different traveling companions each time). DH and I have decided that if we're ever on another ship that makes port at Pt. Canaveral, we'll stay on the ship. IMHO, there's just not enough time to do Disney or Universal properly, and the area around the port is too ho-hum, been-there done-that.

We are going on the Spirit in July 07. We will be in Port Canaveral on July 2nd. My hubby is concerned about how hot it will be at Universal park or Disney. Also is the park crowded during that time of the year. I have read about the express pass for universal and will consider buying them if we go.

Any advise is appreciated.

Guest BeckyThane
We are going on the Spirit in July 07. We will be in Port Canaveral on July 2nd. My hubby is concerned about how hot it will be at Universal park or Disney. Also is the park crowded during that time of the year. I have read about the express pass for universal and will consider buying them if we go.

Any advise is appreciated.

I can't speak for Universal, but WDW is dreadfully hot :eek: in July. (When there in July 2004 I swore I'd ~never~ go to WDW in July again!) Epcot, Magic Kingdom and MGM are bearable because of the large number of indoor attractions and activities, but Animal Kingdom in July is a real test of one's mettle. Aside from not having as many places to escape the heat, it's constructed in a sort of "bowl" which even the park employees admit traps heat & humidity and makes it 5-10 degree hotter than the other parks. If you must do Animal Kingdom in July, I highly recommend the behind-the-scenes tour, where you at least get to ride in an air conditioned van and receive briefings in air conditioned classrooms.

Thank you for answering so fast! My hubby and I have traveled to Mexico alot and even got married in bermuda the end of June. We seem to always pick the hot times wherever, whenever we go. I dont mind hot, but I am also thinking of checking out things to do in canaveral that dont need a long bus ride to get there...and maybe arent as hot as walking the theme parks in July. I have a 14yold son who will be with us so I am trying to find a happy medium for all of us to enjoy while there.

Guest BeckyThane
I have a 14yold son who will be with us so I am trying to find a happy medium for all of us to enjoy while there.

The Ron-Jon Surf Shop and beach break seem to be a hit with teens -- my niece and nephew had a blast!

Good luck!

Archived