Which ship to Bermuda?

lvz2cruz

We loved the Zenith to Bermuda and are so disappointed she will be gone.

We want to cruise this year to Bermuda and are considering the NCL Crown or the RCI Empress. I would appreciated input from anyone who has sailed either of these ships.

Embarkation port, dining, and price are not deciding factors. We are interested in ship condition, activities, crowdedness, service, etc.

We are also concerned with the small pool deck and suntanning area on the Crown. It is also a concern that the Crown will be leaving NCL the month after we go--we have heard of ships going downhill prior to a transfer.

Finally, we have diamond level on RCI and all their perks to consider.

I think our draw to the Crown is the longer stay in Bermuda, and the fact that CC friends from last year's Bermuda cruise will be on it.

Help me! What should I pick and why?

Dont know when you are planning your trip, but sometime this summer Celebrity is putting a new (new to X) on the Bermuda run to be called Celebrity Journey. It is a smaller ship - about 700 passengers - but was built for the very upscale R line. Suggest you go to the Celebrity site and pull up Bermuda and see what they have. I believe the ship is currently in Europe having some modifications done before X puts it into service. While you are considering other lines, you might want to add this to your list of possibilities:)

Hey Becky,

I hope you get the response you are looking for and I can totally understand your concerns. The last post mentioned the Celebrity Journey and many know that their quotes for a seven day cruise to Bermuda are quite unrealistic. I too am going to miss Zenith.

As much as Kevin and I want you to be on this sailing with us...and I hope you decide to join us:D again, I understand your wanting to know more in the comparisons of these two ships. I will keep my fingers crossed...we would have a nice time. If it should happen, we will definitely make it a point of spending more time together on this trip then we did on the Zenith.

Please say hi to Tom and we'll talk soon

Laura

We loved the Zenith to Bermuda and are so disappointed she will be gone.

We want to cruise this year to Bermuda and are considering the NCL Crown or the RCI Empress.

Same here. We're booked on the NCL Crown on 7/22. I've been checking the NCL board here. You read some good, some bad...just like here on the Celebrity board. We're going to give it a try.

I love Celebrity and have been to Bermuda twice on the Zenith and the Horizon. I was disappointed that I would not be able to take a Celebrity ship to Bermuda this summer (the Journey is a little out of my price range). However, I chose the Empress because she leaves from Philly and does not require a flight. Yes, the cabins are small, but the price was so good, I was able to afford booking my own cabin. I have not been on RCCL since 1998, and that was on the Monarch of the Seas, but I had a great time on that trip. I will miss Celebrity and the service, but I am sure I will still have a great time...it is Bermuda after all! Enjoy no matter which ship you choose! :)

Hi Becky! I see from your signature that you were on the Horizon 4/12/04 sailing, too! One of my favourite voyages to date... and the hook that sold me on Celebrity. I also debated the Bermuda ship situation. As an alternative to Journey, I've booked for June 10th on Empress. Perhaps I'll see you onboard!:)

Finally, we have diamond level on RCI and all their perks to consider.

I think our draw to the Crown is the longer stay in Bermuda, and the fact that CC friends from last year's Bermuda cruise will be on it.

Help me! What should I pick and why?

You should take the Crown because of your friends and the longer stay in Bermuda.

I like the Empress--have sailed on her 5 times--but there is no Concierge Lounge on her, so there are not a lot of Diamond perks to be had.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Archived