QM2 November 30th 07

Painter

How much is the cost and what tenders are required for stops on the QM2 Caribbean 30/11/07 cruise?

Thanks for your help.

According to the Cunard site the lowest fare is $1599. The itinerary

for that voyage I believe will dock at all ports except for St Thomas, where she will tender., although I can't remember if St. Kitts is a tender port or not.

November 2007 30 FriNew York, New YorkDepart 7:00 pm December 2007 1 SatCruising the Atlantic Ocean 2 SunCruising the Atlantic Ocean 3 MonRoad Town, Tortola8:00 am - 5:00 pm 4 TueBasseterre, St. Kitts7:00 am - 5:00 pm 5 WedBridgetown, Barbados9:00 am - 6:00 pm 6 ThuCastries, St. Lucia7:00 am - 4:00 pm 7 FriCharlotte Amalie, St.Thomas7:00 am - 5:00 pm 8 SatCruising the Atlantic Ocean 9 SunCruising the Atlantic Ocean 10 MonNew York, New YorkArrive 7:15 am

Painter....Last Dec we had to tender in St Kitts as the winds kept us from docking. But despite that it was a comfortable tender ride. I do understand she docks there normally. And Cusyl is right...she has ususally tendered in St Thomas but as of Dec, they were continuing work on dredging and our charter boat captain told us they were getting close to finishing. And then he said...if they don't stop again! So who knows.

I'll be on the Nov 10th cruise of this itinerary (we almost booked the 30th but had to change) and i hope to contiue my "Live from the QM2" blog that I did last year, so I can let you know that way what we do at each port.

Cheers, Penny

There is no charge for the tenders. That is a service provided by the ship to get passengers to shore. If you are on a ship sponsored excursion you get to leave first altho I did get my husband a priority boarding pass for the tender to be on time for his fishing charter in one of the ports. Once all the excursion passengers are off it's not usually necessary to have to wait for a tender. In St Kitts I just went down adn boarded one....same on shore coming back. The tenders cam carry quite a few people.

As long as there will be someone here on shore to post my blog from the emails I'll keep everyone informed as to what's happening like I did the last time. That blog is here if you didn't see it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=450648

Cheers, Penny

• 2 weeks later...
Painter....Last Dec we had to tender in St Kitts as the winds kept us from docking. But despite that it was a comfortable tender ride. I do understand she docks there normally. And Cusyl is right...she has ususally tendered in St Thomas but as of Dec, they were continuing work on dredging and our charter boat captain told us they were getting close to finishing. And then he said...if they don't stop again! So who knows.

I'll be on the Nov 10th cruise of this itinerary (we almost booked the 30th but had to change) and i hope to contiue my "Live from the QM2" blog that I did last year, so I can let you know that way what we do at each port.

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny, we are also on Nov 10. See you then!

Going with the idea that "mother is always right", DH and I have booked Princess Grill upon her recommendation.

We have toured St. Thomas and are only hopping off for a little shopping so we promise not to clog up the early tenders if dredging is not done.

Melissa

Archived