Cruise Scrapbook Pages?

TrojanJulez

Just photos there. I don't have any scrapbooks done yet, I am a newbie here doing scrapbooking. I have cruise pages started all over our spare bedroom...on the daybed, on a table and stacks on the floor. I have 5 scrapbooks started...(my life,( includes a pile each of old photos of my family (really old photos from my Grandma) then photos and other stuff including my school memorabilia my childhood/raising my kids with 1st hubby/2nd marriage/wedding stuff.../ vacations with the kids...newest stacks of stuff from 2 granddaughters (still have 5 more grandkids to start !!!), 3 cruises in separate piles....maybe that is why I feel overwhelmed.

Just photos there. I don't have any scrapbooks done yet, I am a newbie here doing scrapbooking. I have cruise pages started all over our spare bedroom...on the daybed, on a table and stacks on the floor. I have 5 scrapbooks started...(my life,( includes a pile each of childhood/raising kids with 1st hubby/2nd marriage/wedding stuff.../ vacations with the kids...newest stacks of stuff from 2 granddaughters (still have 5 more grandkids to start !!!), 3 cruises in separate piles....maybe that is why I feel overwhelmed.

Yep.. Step back and pick just one to work on. I have several that need to be done, but I only work on one at a time. you need to put the others aside and pick one to work on. If you take and pic of the layout you have and email it to me I can see it....

I tried your email, did you get that?

I will take a few photos of my started layouts and email them to you.

That might help. Thanks.

I am really focused on one cruise right now, the most recent one on Carnival eastern. That is because everything else is in bins and organized for now. I see it, but try not to think about it all at once...:cool:

Now and then I am tugged to most recent grandaughter (7 days old) scrapbook, but just keep adding to the bin and not working on it right now.

Can you believe I still work full time (nurse).

I tried your email, did you get that?

I will take a few photos of my started layouts and email them to you.

That might help. Thanks.

I am really focused on one cruise right now, the most recent one on Carnival eastern. That is because everything else is in bins and organized for now. I see it, but try not to think about it all at once...:cool:

Now and then I am tugged to most recent grandaughter (7 days old) scrapbook, but just keep adding to the bin and not working on it right now.

Can you believe I still work full time (nurse).

Looking at them now. Me to and I go to school. Wow they look GREAT!!!

I don't really have alot nice cruise papers to work with, but find stickers mostly at these local stores. The links you have posted look nice, will have to explore them more later, as have to go to work today. Never a dull moment. Congrats on going back to school...I don't know your age (I'm 50, a recent over-the-hiller :p ), I went back when I was 40 for nursing...it was hard...and hard on the family too. Glad I did now, but enjoyed my 1st 30 work years as a dental assistant too. This scrapbooking is fun, and I don't want it to turn into 'a job'...:p

Glad you like what I did so far. I'll get them on webshots soon, no time today.....busy week too, my daughter has the baby shower on Saturday...:eek:

I don't really have alot nice cruise papers to work with, but find stickers mostly at these local stores. The links you have posted look nice, will have to explore them more later, as have to go to work today. Never a dull moment. Congrats on going back to school...I don't know your age (I'm 50, a recent over-the-hiller :p ), I went back when I was 40 for nursing...it was hard...and hard on the family too. Glad I did now, but enjoyed my 1st 30 work years as a dental assistant too. This scrapbooking is fun, and I don't want it to turn into 'a job'...:p

Glad you like what I did so far. I'll get them on webshots soon, no time today.....busy week too, my daughter has the baby shower on Saturday...:eek:

They have some cute Muster drill things, I just got them in the mail. They are both great places and I have ordered from them for years now. I have one photo (of DH) to put on a page so I need "emblishments" to fill up the page. I haven't done a muster drill scrapbook page yet (I know can you believe it?).

No....well it is time you do. It is a busy time scurrying down there for the drill and I think many people forget their camera for it. I keep my camera around my neck the entire vacation. My DH thinks I have a problem...:p I think I am a photoholic too...:cool:

That is why there are so many photos of DH and few of me on vacations. I look back on vacation photo albums with the kids and wonder if I was even there.:confused:

Hi all,

I am new to cruising and this board but my DH & I will be taking our first cruise in 37 days :D!!!! But I have been scrappin' for about 10 years. I taught at several local scrapbooking shops but, unfortunately, those have closed down :(. Now we only have HL, Mikes, and Jo's. Not much of a selection. So I am so excited that I found this thread and learned of all the online shops! And everyone who posted, I love your work. You all did a GREAT job! I feel just like someone mentioned above - I don't want to shop until after the cruise (I do have will-power, I do, I do, I think I do). I am not affiliated with any shop-online or otherwise. But if any ine has any questions about scrapbooking or how to get started please feel free to ask me, here or email me. I would be very happy to help. One of my layouts won first place at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention. I don't have any cruise layouts -YET!- but I will upload some others later on.

I love scrappin and can't wait to start snapping pictures!

Angie,

1st off, welcome to the wonderful world of cruising. Most on these threads are what I have heard of as 'seasoned cruisers', and I am not one of them, yet. But plan to be one day. :p

This is great...a 'seasoned scrapbooker'...(of which I am not one of either, yet....but yeah, you guessed it...but plan to be one day....:p.

I, for one, will be awaiting your scrapbook pages. And maybe not too long, since you are cruising in a month, lucky you. We are tentatively planning a Fall2009 Southern on the Victory. No booking # yet, but we do talk about it now and then. The itinerary is full of ports, which for me means photo opps galore, and I can't wait.

Maybe you should get those pages ready for photos...we can't wait here !!!:D

Loving seeing others pages. My husband teases me I spend as much on supplies and printing my 7000 pictures as we do on the actual trip!

I thought I had the whole book loaded but seems I only got the Cozumel spread done!

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1135798

Will have to track down the rest of it....

Hi all,

I am new to cruising and this board but my DH & I will be taking our first cruise in 37 days :D!!!! But I have been scrappin' for about 10 years. I taught at several local scrapbooking shops but, unfortunately, those have closed down :(. Now we only have HL, Mikes, and Jo's. Not much of a selection. So I am so excited that I found this thread and learned of all the online shops! And everyone who posted, I love your work. You all did a GREAT job! I feel just like someone mentioned above - I don't want to shop until after the cruise (I do have will-power, I do, I do, I think I do). I am not affiliated with any shop-online or otherwise. But if any ine has any questions about scrapbooking or how to get started please feel free to ask me, here or email me. I would be very happy to help. One of my layouts won first place at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention. I don't have any cruise layouts -YET!- but I will upload some others later on.

I love scrappin and can't wait to start snapping pictures!

do you have any ideas for newbies......any pics of layouts to gives us ideas....

Hey!

I have posted about 1/2 of my Conquest cruise from Sept 06 on:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgrgirl20

There are alos a bunch of pics from my Jan 08 Miracle cruise ... which I got the pics for yesterday to start scrapping ... hopefully i'll get the remainder on my conquest cruise up on webshots. There is also my Disney Vacation scrapbook from Jan 06. ENJOY :)

Kristin

very nice pages....do you use stickers for the headings or do you cut out the letters yourself........

Just thought I'd share my online cruise album - took me 9 months to complete - almost like "giving birth"!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twinmom7/sets/72157594537749686//

wow --- honestly 1 of the best or the best scrapbook i have ever seen....what a wonderful job you did......are the pages done by hand or digitial....

how do you choose the colors and layout...it was awesome.......

Hi Claire and Sheri,

Will check out the Glory review and layouts too. Carnival has so many ships. Our 1st cruise was on the Fantasy...so long ago. Recently on the Triumph. One RCCL which was amazing too just over a year ago.

This is the place to be for learning a few tips on scrapbooking, mine are getting done with all the ideas picked up from here. Also spending alot of time on the laptop really happy to see this thread popping up fairly often.

Minn.Cruisers I wanted to thank you for looking at my cruise album. It was not a kit just several things I collected up to make an album with. I got the album at "big Lots"for $3.00 and I added extra pages. I made about 8 of these for the group I went Cruising with. They were all similar and drove me nuts. I wished I had made them all alike.LOL. But I got them done and that is all that matters. I am working on my Crown Princess album and I leave in two weeks on Carnival Ecstasy. I am getting backed up so I have to get busy with these. I'll try and post as soon as they are done. Thanks again.

do you have any ideas for newbies......any pics of layouts to gives us ideas....

I don't have any cruise layouts yet but I have tons of scrapbooks completed. I don't usually take photos of/scan my layouts but I will now after I start working on my cruise book. I will post here when I have something finished!

I do have a few photos of some projects and layouts that I have done:

2753688310103287221UzKxAH_th.jpg

(hope that link works:confused:)

Ideas for those starting out:

1. organize your photos first - if you have 50 photos of the very same subject, narrow those down. You don't have to scrap every single photo!

2. journal - several years from now (or, if you're like me, days!) you won't remember all of the little details. So write them down - not just the who, what, when and where, but how did it make you feel. I type mine onto cardstock and add it to the layout.

3. acid free supplies - ALWAYS use acid/lignon free papers. Other papers will yellow over time and are also bad for your photos.

4. pick up a scrapbook magazine and "scraplift" a layout that you like. Just substitute your photos, embellishments and theme.

5. most of all have fun with it!:D

There is a huge scrapbooking convention here in Texas one month after we get back from our cruise. This year the only things I will be looking at will be cruise related!!! If anyone lives in the area, try to make it.

Happy cruisin' and scrappin'!

Hey Jiminw, I just noticed that you live in Arlington. That's where the convention is held. Have you ever gone? Are you planning to go in June? We can shop for cruise stuff together:D! By the way, I live in Grand Prairie and my kids go to school in Arlington. Small world!

Sheri,

You have quite the fan club from your review. It was great.

Loved seeing the photos right in the posts. How'd ya do that?:confused:

i uploaded them to webshots then I copied and pasted them to my reivew..actually another poster copied the directions down and I had to keep going back and forth looking until I got it right...

i you want I will try to find the directions and post them here

I don't have any cruise layouts yet but I have tons of scrapbooks completed. I don't usually take photos of/scan my layouts but I will now after I start working on my cruise book. I will post here when I have something finished!

I do have a few photos of some projects and layouts that I have done:

2753688310103287221UzKxAH_th.jpg

(hope that link works:confused:)

Ideas for those starting out:

1. organize your photos first - if you have 50 photos of the very same subject, narrow those down. You don't have to scrap every single photo!

2. journal - several years from now (or, if you're like me, days!) you won't remember all of the little details. So write them down - not just the who, what, when and where, but how did it make you feel. I type mine onto cardstock and add it to the layout.

3. acid free supplies - ALWAYS use acid/lignon free papers. Other papers will yellow over time and are also bad for your photos.

4. pick up a scrapbook magazine and "scraplift" a layout that you like. Just substitute your photos, embellishments and theme.

5. most of all have fun with it!:D

There is a huge scrapbooking convention here in Texas one month after we get back from our cruise. This year the only things I will be looking at will be cruise related!!! If anyone lives in the area, try to make it.

Happy cruisin' and scrappin'!

airtosea, great layouts...the ones of your dog rambo were beautiful .i particular liked the one with the stair railing...very nice....

how did you post that link with the pic to click on ...very nice

I cruised "Carnival Destiny" in Sept 06. Made a scrapbook for each member of our team so all they had to do was insert pic from the cuise. Here is one if you would like to see. One of the pages was totally scraplifted cause I loved it so much. Hopefully, I will be forgiven for that. They aren't perfect but get the job done.

I bought the scrapbooks for $2 each added some add'l pages and spent many hours doing each and every one. I should have made them all look alike to speed up the time but somehow My brain did think of that until I finished. All of our cruisers were first timers. Hope they enjoyed it.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=150566832/a=15581725

hi tried to look at your link but couldnt get it to work....is there another one i could try.....would love to see your photos

airtosea, great layouts...the ones of your dog rambo were beautiful .i particular liked the one with the stair railing...very nice....

how did you post that link with the pic to click on ...very nice

Thanks!

Actually, Rambo belonged to my brother. After they had to put him to sleep I made that memorial album for my brother and SIL.

As for the link, I didn't know that it would do that - it was a surprise!!

On Webshots, I opened my album that I wanted to post and on the lower right side, under "link to this album" I just copied the URL under "Post in a Forum" and pasted it here. I thought it would just be the regular link but it turned out to be a photo link:confused:!

Hope this helps.

I read those directions, did I get them, doubtful....:p

Angie, the albums are very nice. What a nice memorial you did for your brother too, I am sure he appreciates it alot and looks at it often.

I have alot of old photos to scrap too of family. Some are from late 1800's, thick cardboard photos, some are even printed on old postcards. I know to scrap copies, never the originals. It would be nice to copy them right onto old brown photo paper, I wonder if there is a way to do that? I have gotten copies of old photos reprinted, and they always look lame on white paper, and usually in a B&W color not the original sepia they were originally. I haven't tried to make my own sepia copies on the computer yet, that might work too. But that album will have to wait til I am done with the cruise on I am working on now. 1 at a time. I didn't like that overwhelmed feeling and am trying to avoid it again.

Nice to hear from everyone, and many good ideas. I should really go back and write them all down.

Archived