Cruise Scrapbook Pages?

TrojanJulez

If anyone has the Cricut Michael's has the cartridges on sale this week for $40. I got 6 of them.

......to buy the Cricut :) I have been thinking about it for a few weeks. I know where I can get it for $149 that includes shipping.

I love my cricut...it's so much fun! And I use it for so much more than scrapbooking. If you want to see what can be done with the Cricut, go to Cricut.com and checkout the message boards. Look for the Cricut Craft forumn, or go into the specific cartridge catagories.....

By the way, Creative Express (creativeexpress.com) will price match M's for the cartridges, my Storybook arrived today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found an online store that has the refill pages for the Princes 12x12 cloth scrapbook pages. Since most of the cruiselines do not allow you to purchase them after you get off the ship, and lets face it most of us do not know how many pages we will need at that point. So for this reason I hope they (Cruise Critic) will allow the web site to be posted. And for the record I do not work or know anyone who does work for them. I have seen them mentined before and I have personally ordered from them several times and know they are safe. The refill pages will not match the pages that actually come in the book though. I simply aren't using mine since there were only 10 of them, but you still could if you wanted to.

http://www.tropicalscrapbooking.com/MBI-p-MBI-PP2.html

• 4 months later...
I've been hearing alot about these SB conventions, this must be what is going on since so many SB businesses are just fading away. Do they ever come to Minnesota? Does anyone have a schedule of events? If they did come to MN I would imagine it would be in Mpls-St. Paul, a 4 hour drive for me to go, and hotel stay for the night...not really feasible. Is there a fee at the door or in advance for these? Do they have hands on time in there to learn new techniques and try products, or is it booth after booth of products and crowds trying to see everything? Lots of ???, I'm new to SBing.

Not sure about any conventions but there's a huge crop held every year at the Archivers at the Mall of America. (I think that's in Minnesota ... ?) I think vendors/manufacturers go to it too, but don't quote me on that!

Thanks for the info, I will have to check that out. YES, the MOA is in Minnesota. I live north of the North shore (near Duluth) so it is a 3 hr drive and back, but could be well worth it. And we love going to the MOA !!!

How was your 1st cruise? I have been getting into digital SBing, I made several cruise books on Shutterfly. Check them out, I am denise 1288 (I tink) on there. Go under: Recent, then: Cruises, and I think my books are still on the first or second page, not too many new cruise SB made after me yet !!!

Its fun making all the SB pages, but the SB photobooks are very nice too.

Thanks for the info, I will have to check that out. YES, the MOA is in Minnesota. I live north of the North shore (near Duluth) so it is a 3 hr drive and back, but could be well worth it. And we love going to the MOA !!!

How was your 1st cruise? I have been getting into digital SBing, I made several cruise books on Shutterfly. Check them out, I am denise 1288 (I think) on there. Go under: Recent, then: Cruises, and I think my books are still on the first or second page, not too many new cruise SB made after me yet !!!

How was your 1st cruise? I have been getting into digital SBing, I made several cruise books on Shutterfly. Check them out, I am denise 1288 (I think) on there. Go under: Recent, then: Cruises, and I think my books are still on the first or second page, not too many new cruise SB made after me yet !!!

My first cruise was wonderful, thanks! I totally understand why people get hooked on cruising!!

Found you on shutterfly -- you're deniseM1288. Had to laugh at how the one book included your trip to the MOA! I liked the quote of Mark Twain that you included, and I REALLY like the photo you took of the rain coming down !

I've considered switching to digital scrapbooking but have too much invested in paper stuff now to make the switch! LOL!

Glad your cruise was fun. Sounds like you are really into scrapbooking with alot of stuff already. I am a newby, so am dreaming of a Cricut !!!

We are hooked on cruising too, but since we missed San Juan last cruise, (the raining photo taken from inside the South Beach Restaurant, and it was raining buckets, waves high, the ship listed.... !)...we are planning a land vacation to see Puerto Rico for a week this year, then maybe the Oasis in 2010.

Glad you found me on there, I had forgotten my number by now, but I still go on there and check out the recents.

About the MOA, we usually go down to the cities the night before our flight and stay at the Dakota Ridge Inn, and spend the evening at the Mall picking up stuff we still need, like water cameras.

Still photobooks are fun to make, and alot easier, cheaper in some ways, you don't have to buy all the supplies. But I still like the crafty thing about making your own pages with photos.

Now you got me thinking about the MOA, we usually go there with our G-dtr for a weekend trip. We might have to go in Feb. !!!

Thanks for everything. And plan that next cruise !!!

Just checking out all the latest links posted here. I may make one of those Shutterfly books for my next vacation album. I think I'll use the option of uploading my own digi pages instead of using the templates though. I really like the book you posted Denise. It looks great! I am still working on my cruise album, and it has been a year since we sailed. It is a mixture of digi pages and "real" pages, so I'll probably just finish that when I can get back to it.

I haven't been scrapping for awhile, as we moved in early Fall and have alot of our stuff still in boxes. I just picked out papers that looked good with the photos, and then other pap ers that went with them too so it was somewhat complimented in colors. Where do you order the Seaglass papers? I picked up papers at a scrapbook shop we had (cloesed now) and also even at the dollar store.

Here is my Profile link to the photo albums, on Shutterfly you maybe saw already, but they are all together here so if you missed any here they are:

http://minncruisers.shutterfly.com

Has anyone been to one of those CKU weekend crops.. big one here in August with registration beginning May 1... I'm kind of a beginner, not sure if its worth it?

Did you go to CKU? I've been to a CKC before (Creating Keepsakes Convention) but not to CKU (Creating Keepsakes University). My understanding is that CKU is pretty much all classes, whereas CKC is shopping + classes. At CKC, there would be some classes that are fine for beginners but am not sure about CKU.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some fantastic scrapbooks shown on here. Thanks so much for all the wonderfu ideas. I have given myself a goal of 6 weeks to complete my scrapbook from my cruise. I have a thumbnail booklet done with all my pictures sorted, and I purchased some scrapbooking kits from the ship. Now just to make things happen.

Debbie

Courtenay, BC

Vancouver Island Canada

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Amber, your albums are terrific! Can't wait to use some of your ideas with my own pictures!

I'm working backwards, trying to scrapbook our cruises from most recent to the first. Won't be done with those before we get on the Valor in a couple of weeks, though.

Thanks to everyone for all of the ideas!

Here are some of my scrap pages that I made for door decorations on our first cruise last year. I'm incorporating them into my album (about 1/2 done now) as I create my book. I hope you like them! (They don't have pictures but maybe they will give you some creative ideas?!)...

I'm always looking for how people do their pages and love looking at them...

Cruise9-13-08002.jpg

Cruise9-13-08003.jpg

Cruise9-13-08004.jpg

Cruise9-13-08005.jpg

Cruise9-13-08006.jpg

Cruise9-13-08007.jpg

Archived