Dominica tour with Reyno....

HopSingh

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. We are booked with Reyno in April and look forward to seeing the beauty of Dominica that so many on CC write about.

Mimi ~ we had a wonderful tour with him last week ~ and I really hope yours will be a good one too. It is unfortunate that one large group did not get what they were promised, but overall REYNO has wonderful reviews.

The last time I looked, I was in America, you know, Land Of The FREE! Which entitles one to free speech, which in turn, means we can each state our own opinion. DALSAL and elsje, yes, I could have not paid or not even gone on the tour on the van. It wasn't so much that the van was CROWDED, as it was NO LEG ROOM. Reyno was aware of the feeling of being cramped before we even left the port because when Maureen got in the van she wanted to sit on the middle seat and Reyno told her no because a man sitting on that row was already telling Reyno it was cramped. There was NO LEG ROOM. Regardless of height, weight, size; it was cramped. I felt like I could handle the ride, since we were going to make so many stops (based on what Reyno promised). As far as me paying the $70 US and the $20 US tip we paid (for 2 people), this was MY decision to pay. I paid because whether or not I decided to go on the tour and whether or not he delivered is secondary. This country is POOR. I know this, and thus CHOSE to pay AND tip accordingly! I wrote MY review based on MY experience, but I don't feel like Anna should be bashed, nor anyone else for that matter. Anna did an outstanding job of coordinating a large group of people for a tour. She also coordinated our tour in St. Lucia, in which everyone on the trip had nothing negative to say about. But, that is a different country, a different tour operator, and therefore different circumstances. As an American, I should be able to exercise my right to free speech, but I don't think free speech entitles anyone to be bashed for speaking the truth and stating facts! I, as I stated before, was writing about my experience on the tour. This was so that others who may visit Dominica as a port of call, could make an educated decision as to the conditions of the van more than anything else. I think that Reyno's description of a van that fits 10 - 12 COMFORTABLY is stretching it. But, as an American with the right to speak freely, that is my OPINION.

I had a very long and great posting that got lost in CC la la land just now... I don't think IT'S NECESSARY TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS OR IN COLORS OR THE LARGEST LETTERS POSSIBLE TO LET OTHERS KNOW THAT YOUR DAY wasn't as expected on Dominica!!!

I would never book with ANYONE but Reyno Tours personally and don't have to post on every single thread that talks about other tour operators promoting him.

You've stated your point OVER AND OVER AGAIN LIKE BEATING A DEAD HORSE NOW. CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON TO HELP FOLKS SINCE THAT'S THE REASON THEY STOP BY THESE BOARDS??

AS EVERYONE CAN TELL, EACH EXPERIENCE ON THE TOUR WAS DIFFERENT AND 1 VAN OUT OF 5 (I BELIEVE) DIDN'T GET A GOOD EXPERIENCE. REYNO CAN'T BE IN 5 VANS AT THE SAME TIME, but he is pretty amazing :) :) SINCE THE COMFORT OF THE VAN WAS A BIG ISSUE, WAS EVERYONE IN THE VAN SIZE APPROPRIATE AND IF NOT, WAS REYNO INFORMED THAT EXTRA SEATING WOULD BE NEEDED TO ACCOMODATE?

OUR VAN WAS COMPLETELY FULL + A GUIDE, COOLER AND PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL OUR BAGS, ETC. NO ONE WAS SQUASHED IN OUR GROUP AND I'M SO SORRY THAT YOUR TIME WAS DIFFERENT.

I READ THE SAME TYPES OF THINGS ON THE REGULAR CARNIVAL BOARD ALL THE TIME- DIFFERENT FOLKS CAN BE ON THE SAME SHIP DURING THE SAME WEEK- 1 HORRIBLE REVIEW THAT POSTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND 20 GREAT REVIEWS. LIKE I SAID, YOUR EXPERIENCE IS YOUR EXPERIENCE AND YOUR OPINION. THANKS FOR POSTING IT, BUT CAN WE ALL RETURN TO NORMAL WRITING THAT'S EASIER TO READ NOW?? :) :) MAYBE I'M JUST TOO OLD!!

WOW!! Didn't realize you could only post in black and small print, when did this rule come into affect:confused: :confused: :confused:

You might have missed the smiley faces in my posting when that was said :) :) I'm just stating that the impact of a good review or a bad review doesn't have to be actually harder to read (at least to me!) The separation of colors is really great on the email so we can figure out who said what though for sure.

Hope everyone has a great upcoming day in Dominica who is reading this board to help plan their special day on the Island!

I take offense to say I am trying to ruin this man's business. I am only posting in this one thread, I posted what HE said and everything I posted was truthful. I've seen a LOT nastier, meaner postings than what we said and I did not see people jumping on them.

Think about it this way, Reyno has two businesses - one in which he contracts out others to handle large groups (probably doesn't make a lot on this), and the second where he PERSONALLY does a tour. We are NOT saying anything negative about the bread and butter of his business, with the exception that he said he would drive one of our vans and choose to take another group instead.

What do I want? I want people to post honest reviews for me so I can make informed decisions.

Thank you.

Lady Anna

P.S. I was in a different van then Christina. Our van was not torn up but it was cramped. So were most of the vans leaving with Ship Tours.

Christina's a colorful person, she always writes in color:)

Christina, Don got a kick out of your shirts, he loves tie dye. We really enjoyed the trips with you and Zell. You're both very nice people.

Anna, reading your latest post I understand even more why you were so frustrated with Reyno. It's really hard when you're trying to organize something and the person does not follow through on their promises.

I thought we were supposed to see and do a lot more things but didn't realize how much more until I read his emails.

Oh well, I still don't want a refund and I do appreciate all you did. Hopefully, we'll get back to Domica some day and we'll get to see more.

thanks for all the info! i haven't been to dominica yet, but i still wouldn't hesitate to book with reyno - i'd just be careful of how many people i'd book with.

i'm not sure why people feel the need to attack op and the people she travelled with. that's very odd. i thought the dissatisfied group was v. good about the way they've handled things. and i appreciate their honesty.

I just wanted to write a brief response and say that we toured with Reyno on February 20th and it was the best tour of all the ports we visited on the Feb 12 sailing of Galaxy. Reyno did not handle our tour personally (we had a guide named Neal), but before our tour left he walked us over to a comfortable van and explained what we were going to see in detail and the total cost (we booked a group of four) as well as confirming the $2pp entry fees.

He also took the time to call our van partway through the tour and see how we were enjoying it. I really appreciated his clear explanations and thoughtfulness. We saw everything we were supposed to see and never felt rushed, and we had a fabulous time.

I would definitely book with Reyno again, and I definitely would recommend him.

I am going on a tour with Reyno on March 3rd and we have a good sized group (12-14) as I keep asking him if we can add people. I will have to say that Reyno seems to be trying hard to please us before we have even arrived in Dominica. Reyno has 2 other people touring with him that day and has offered to have that couple join us and then take two vans to help increase comfort. Obviously that may be up to that couple but it does show that he takes these things into consideration. I will report back after the cruise and let everyone know how the tour was but even though this group didn't have the best time I am not concerned at all about the quality of the tour. Reyno has been very prompt in his responses and also seems to be trying to take steps to ensure we have a good time (trying to limit # of people in the van, etc). I think we also need to take into consideration that the tour Reyno is charging us $35pp for is comparable (at least on paper) to the excursion Princess is charging $189 for. Seems like a pretty darn good to me...especially considering that I have been on excursions through the cruise lines that have been terrible, misrepresented, etc. Anyway, I'll let everyone know how it goes after we return.

SusieV,glad to hear you had a good time with Reynold! Hes a great guy,and he does try! He told me he will really try to make sure everyone is happy with his tour.Hes been doing tours for quite a few years...I dont know Neal,but Rosalind is a very good tour guide with him. Dot

Archived