Just got my cabin number ....couple of questions please

debsjc

Thanx for the response. We haven't gotten our room numbers yet. My TA called last nite to offer us an upgrade 2 a super deluxe suite for $400. The big difference that I can see is size of the balcony. Since the upgrade would be on a "guar" also, not sure what to do. Any thoughts? What I am really worried about is getting a balcony w/obstructed view. With the weather here in the sub zero range, I guess it won't make any difference if it is obstructed or not, as long as it is WARM!

I have been having trouble getting into this board all day! The guarantee was for a VA and the upgrade is an SS. The upgrade is a total of $400. They can tell me which rooms are available but can't guarantee that we would get any of the 4 rooms that are available. Why would that be? It has been a long time since we have booked a guarantee & I think it works differently now than it used to. Also a different line so that may have something to do with it. Thanx for all your feedback.:confused:

First of all, going from a VA to an SS would not only give you about a 50% larger balcony (as you noted) but also about a 50% larger room. See the examples at staterooms. There are no SS with "obstructed views".

After looking at a table, the list price difference between a VA and an SS can range from $315 pp to $2400 pp on Caribbean cruises in 2007. So the $200 pp differential that you were offered is at least a small bargain, and could be a very big bargain depending on what cruise you're on.

Since you say the SS is a guarantee also, you may get bumped even higher, but I doubt it. (The SS is a "Superior" that doesn't have the bennies of the next step SC/SB/SA Deluxe full suites, so it is simply a larger room than the VA.) You asked why the TA can't tell you which of the 4 available SS you would get: basically that is because you get whatever one is left after other people come along and choose ones they want - but pay a higher price for the specific cabin than you did for the "whatever" guarantee. I hope that makes sense to you. :confused:

Bottom line: IMO, you should pay the $200/pp. I've been in VA's and they do feel a little cramped for DW and I, and for that price I would like to have the SS! :D

you have a photo on your posting. WHAT IS IT? I can't make it out.:confused:

If you mean the avatar, it's a towel monkey. We've gotten these twice on about the 8th night of 10 night cruises. If you mean the pic in the countdown clock, I'm not exactly sure. It was one of the choices for the countdown clock, and I think it's just some snow/ice in Alaska.

That cost sounds like 1/2 price.I would ug and then I believe there are suite perks.

No suite perks for SS/SY/SZ ... just SA/SB/SC.

As Towel Monkey John said, it's a no brainer to up to the SS from a VA. And even though the chances are slight, since your SS is still a guarantee, I'll cross my fingers and toes for you that you get bumped up once more to at least an SC cabin. :) Everyone should do the suite at least once in their lives.

Archived