dress compliance

kkid

"Also I love the RSSC/Seabourn open seating. One of the things I worry a little about my Celebrity cruise is I could be seated with some jerks for 14 days. :("

Hey BB, the assigned seating on other cruise lines has always been an issue for us: another opportunity to feel like one of the herd comes to mind ;).

It's most welcome to hear that such a high percentage of people on SB adhere to the dress codes. Although I've not experienced someone coming to dinner in "sweats" as mentioned on an earlier post, I have seen some pretty casual attire that has made me wonder whether or not the reason was due to lost luggage or something else..Ummmm.....

"Also I love the RSSC/Seabourn open seating. One of the things I worry a little about my Celebrity cruise is I could be seated with some jerks for 14 days. :("

Hey BB, the assigned seating on other cruise lines has always been an issue for us: another opportunity to feel like one of the herd comes to mind ;).

It's most welcome to hear that such a high percentage of people on SB adhere to the dress codes. Although I've not experienced someone coming to dinner in "sweats" as mentioned on an earlier post, I have seen some pretty casual attire that has made me wonder whether or not the reason was due to lost luggage or something else..Ummmm.....

on the first day of our cruise will we have time to change for dinner after boarding the yacht? or should we board dressed for dinner. thanks from lorneross

You will have time to unpack...go to the lifeboat drill at 5:15..shower and dress for dinner...not a problem.

the assigned seating on other cruise lines has always been an issue for us: another opportunity to feel like one of the herd comes to mind ;).

What's interesting is that I have noticed on Seabourn that most guests enter the Restaurant in approximately the same 30 minute window. Not herd-like, but it does give some comfort that one will not be turned away if running a bit behind.

would it be o.k to walk from our suite to the pool deck and back using the seabourn bathrobe as a coverup thanks from lorneross

Absolutely.

Also, as to placing luggage out on the last night, you can do it any time after dinner and even a little beyond 11:45. It's picked up during the night. I did find that those who put theirs out by 11 AM (!!!) were a bit early. I find it particularly depressing to see the suitcases all line up....the reality starts sinking in that my Seabourn experience is over til the next time.

thanks jane did yoy mean 11 pm you wrote 11 am in your last post thanks from lorneross

Please excuse me if Im wrong, but I believe Jane was referring to those guests that put the suitcases out at 11AM, not the traditional passenger who complies in the late evening.

Host Dan

thanks jane did yoy mean 11 pm you wrote 11 am in your last post thanks from lorneross

Yes, Dan is right. There were some on my deck who put their cases out before noon! This was a bit unwieldy since it was pretty rocky and the suitcases kept falling over and blocking the passsageway. Rocking not withstanding, we managed to enjoy the traditional galley lurch...er lunch.

I have a question. Is a sportcoat required for the dining room every night? Just wondering how many to pack. My husband has a tux for formal nights and is planning on dressing up but hates to pack too much if he doesn't have to!

• 2 weeks later...

Question if I may. We will have plenty of very nice clothes for for "formal" and "informal" - but I would appreciate guidance as to what "casual" means.

Are the following appropriate for "casual" evenings?

Knit "polo" shirts (with collar)?

"Khaki" pants (with nice belt and shoes)?

Silk or linen "campshirts"?

Many thanks!

Question if I may. We will have plenty of very nice clothes for for "formal" and "informal" - but I would appreciate guidance as to what "casual" means.

Are the following appropriate for "casual" evenings?

Knit "polo" shirts (with collar)?

"Khaki" pants (with nice belt and shoes)?

Silk or linen "campshirts"?

Many thanks!

4kitties,

Your list is fine and wearing a sweater is also acceptable.

Depending on where in the world of Seabourn you will be cruising, there may be some "Elegant Casual" nights. Acceptable attire are slacks with a jacket over a sweater or collared shirt for the gents and dress, skirt or pants with a sweater or blouse for the ladies.

Bon Voyage!

>"there may be some "Elegant Casual" nights. Acceptable attire are slacks with a jacket over a sweater or collared shirt for the gents and dress, skirt or pants with a sweater or blouse for the ladies."

it's been my experience that on the 'Elegant Casual' nights, most men wear coats and ties and women wear outfits more on the 'elegant' side rather than the 'casual' side, even in the warmer climates.

I agree with Jane. After years of dragging two large bags..just for me...I now use a large bag and a medium for my husband and self plus carry on. I have accomplished this by using mostly separates that can be "moved around". Chico's travelers are great for non formal..as they roll up into nothing and travel well. Just add jewelry and heels...elegant casual...or...wear the less dressy ones with sandals during the daytime. Jane stressed that most DO dress on Elegant casual..I agree..that sets a nice ambiance. The casual nights sometimes look like a few are heading to a backyard barbeque. I think that is too casual..rule of thumb...always look as nice as you can..you are on the Seabourn.

>"The casual nights sometimes look like a few are heading to a backyard barbeque. I think that is too casual..rule of thumb...always look as nice as you can..you are on the Seabourn."

On the first night, I am usually too busy to unpack and change clothes before dinner, so whatever I have worn to board is what I wear. (I try to dress nicely for embarkation.) The last night, I usually follow the elegant casual guidelines because I don't put my suitcases out until later. So, the rest of the time it's either elegant or elegant casual. That's a treat for me because here at home, it's mostly jammies all day.

Jane, whose mother taught me the family motto is 'Tasteful but not gaudy.'

>"there may be some "Elegant Casual" nights. Acceptable attire are slacks with a jacket over a sweater or collared shirt for the gents and dress, skirt or pants with a sweater or blouse for the ladies."

One more question if I may - in the above quote about a collared shirt on Elegant Casual nights - is that a "custom made/tailored dress shirt" - or would a knit polo shirt (with collar) under a classic navy blazer and khaki pants be appropriate?

(PS - I just want to make sure I pack the "right" things - you are all a wonderful resource and I appreciate your guidance!)

Thanks,

4kitties

One more question if I may - in the above quote about a collared shirt on Elegant Casual nights - is that a "custom made/tailored dress shirt" - or would a knit polo shirt (with collar) under a classic navy blazer and khaki pants be appropriate?

Yes, a collared polo shirt is fine. There may be "custom made/tailored dress shirts" on board, but I doubt you'll hear anyone mention that they are! :D

Paul

One more question if I may - in the above quote about a collared shirt on Elegant Casual nights - is that a "custom made/tailored dress shirt" ?

I used the term "collared" to mean any shirt with a collar on it to differentiate between a collarless shirt like a tee shirt or a tank top. Not to imply that I think you would wear a tee shirt or tank top to dinner on Seabourn! Apologies for any confusion.

Archived