Laptop Usage in Staterooms

cruiserdenny

We have used the computers in the Internet Cafes in the past, but have never brought our laptop with us. For photograph purposes we will bring our laptop with us on a Caribbean Princess cruise in March. Do all rooms offer internet access and is it wired or wireless. Also, how does the cost per minute compare to the Cafe and are there other charges for this service?

Occasionally, at certain ports, I've been able to pick up a wireless signal from my balcony and connect but it's iffy. I've never been able to pick up the ship's wireless system from my cabin or balcony and I always travel with my laptop.

As I have had my laptop surgically attached to my body (it can be removed only for underwater activities, else I will die)...

The only Internet access is in Internet Cafe, and Wireless in the Atrium area (on Star and CB it was best down near the library).

Charged at 35 cents/min (yes, that's $21 per hour) for slower-than-dialup access.

If you've got a suite, it's unlimited access, or, after 5th Princess cruise it's unlimited.

hbeard

hbeard

I just got off the CB last week. The Internet prices have been raised since you sailed.

You can now buy one of two plans. I bought the 100 minutes plan for $55 which works out to .55 per minute. I forget what the 200 minute one was...maybe $0.45 per minute. Then you could just pay as you go for $0.75 per minute.

The $0.35 per hour is gone.

Archived