5 to a inside cabin??

gatripletmom

OK, Me and DH and 7yo triplets, are taking our first cruise this summer. Truely, how crowded is a room with 5 of us? Can it be done, or are you miserable? I am thinking, this will save us some money and we will only be sleeping and bathing in this room. The person on the phone said, we would get a roll away bed, but 2 of my kids could probably sleep together on 1 bed.

Give me Pros and cons, please!

Thanks!

Kris

I have twin boys and a DD who is 15 months older, so it's kinda like having triplets. We have done 2 cruises in one cabin. People on this board will tell you it's miserable, but I disagree. It can be done, you just need to be organized. There's only one bathroom, so need to keep that in mind. You can use the showers in the spa area, but we never did. They will bring in a rollaway and yes, it does make the cabin crowded. Be sure to bring a night light so you can see where you are walking to make those middle of the night bathroom visits. We found the over the door shoe holder a big help with keeping things organized.

On our last cruise, we had to book 2 cabins b/c on the Conquest class ships, they do not allow 5 in one cabin. We booked a 1A guarantee and a 4A guarantee and we were upgraded to two 6A adjoining cabins. It was wonderful.

Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, which ship are you cruising on?

The size of the cabin is 185SF so you do the math. Lots of folks say they only shower and sleep in the cabin while on a cruise and maybe that's true but a room that size sure doesn't allow for any "quiet moments"------at least from my point of view.:)

The size of the cabin is 185SF so you do the math. Lots of folks say they only shower and sleep in the cabin while on a cruise and maybe that's true but a room that size sure doesn't allow for any "quiet moments"------at least from my point of view.:)

That's what Camp Carnival is for! :D

We recently cruised with 5; yes it was cozy! The rollaway takes up a bit of floor space, it's a funny size, kind of a super short twin, but fine for any of our kids (10, 8, 6). I hit my head on the upper bunks a time or two at night, but during the day, our steward had the beds folded away before we returned from breakfast. Quiet moments? Cruising with three youngsters, I would not be comfortable leaving our children in a room without a parent, so I don't know who I'd have a quiet moment with! There was plenty of space for our stuff, and we did NOT pack light; formals and snorkel gear included! We are planning to cruise again, and we will again have five in our room. BTW our cabin was interior, on the main deck of Holiday.

OK, Me and DH and 7yo triplets, are taking our first cruise this summer. Truely, how crowded is a room with 5 of us? Can it be done, or are you miserable? I am thinking, this will save us some money and we will only be sleeping and bathing in this room. The person on the phone said, we would get a roll away bed, but 2 of my kids could probably sleep together on 1 bed.

Give me Pros and cons, please!

Thanks!

Kris

Kris,

Me and DH took are 7 kids on the Paradise back in Sept of 2006. We shared a room with three of the seven. I can say that I was very concerned about space before we left. But, to my surprise, it was really not that bad. We shard the room with three of our smaller children(two 10, and 1 three). We had the room steward but up the bunks every morning when we were done with them. We were not in our room much so it worked out well. I have a real hard time with feeling closed in. But it really was not bad at all. I would do it again. Kids had a great time. They just loved the bunks. We have some many children that the only way to afford to take them on a cruise is to share rooms. Only you know what you will be comfortable with. It was just fine with me and my family. Best wishes to you and your family on your cruise. :)

Thanks for all the info so far. As of right now, we have a RCCL booked for June on the SOS. It is for 2 inside rooms. But since we dont have to pay in full until April 1, we are considering switching if we can get a good price difference, which includes going down to 1 room or switching cruise lines. We live in Atlanta area, so we are driving and dont want to drive further than Port Can. or Mobile area.

Kris

You say you are going on RCCL well there inside rooms are a lot smaller than carnival. It was cramped with only two of us in the room. I have done three cruises on carnival with five of us in the room and I really don;t think you could manage 5 in a room on RCCL. I would switch cruise lines.

We were on the Miracle for a week with dh, me, 3 girls (ages then 3, 6 and 11). We were really only in the cabin to sleep. We kept things put away and it was fine. Put dirty laundry in suitcases under the bed. clean clothes in drawers or in cabinets. all suitcases out of sight. you will be fine! :) Now I won't do a hotel for a week with my kids, heck not even 3 nights with my kids! LOL

Archived