Hotel in Jersey City

gracecarmo

Has anyone had success getting a Priceline bid for the Hyatt Regency Jersey City (on the Hudson)? I am just starting my search for a Sept. pre cruise hotel. The ship leaves from Cape Liberty.

The hotel lists as a 3 star.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has stayed at this hotel.

We stayed in Jersey City last spring before a Cape Liberty repositioning. Pleasant surprise....rehab of area has brought lots of restaurants, hotels, new mall, and services. The light rail system is near most of the JC hotels....takes you into Manhattan with two stops. Great walking area near the waterfront with amazing views of Manhattan.

We stayed at the Candelwood Suites though....part of the IC Hotel chain. Have a great time.

hi, we stayed at Hyatt Regency twice, once was post cruise from Port Liberty. We booked through Priceline and for $60 pluse fees thought we would have to stay in a broom closet. Nothing could be further from the truth. They treated us well (early check-in) got a room with a view of Manhatten (WOW) and the Path station is right underneath the hotel- get on there, next stop is World Trade Center. The area right around hotel seemed fine, but I wouldn't wander too far. The cab ride from ship was around $35 and about the same to EWR. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it.

• 1 month later...

No 12 day cruise parking! No hotels cater to cruisers in NJ/NY area, it's not like Fla in that respect. You would do better to drive to the terminal in Bayonne and park there, don't quote me, but I think it's on the order of $15 a day.

Thanks margincall.

I called both ...

1. Doubletree Hotel Jersey City 455 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, New Jersey, 201-499-2400

They said parking is $15.00 a day, so it is the same cost but less convenient than parking at the pier.

2. Courtyard by Marriot 540 Washington Boulevard Jersey City, New Jersey 1-201-626-6600. I talked to Bernadette who also said parking is $15.00 a day, did not know where Port Liberty was, and that they do not have any stay and park packages. She did offer to do some reasearch as this was about the 4th phone call she's had on the topic this week!

As I am coming from the south, I really don't want to have to go north to get my car upon our return, but I'll keep an open mind. I'm looking as far south as New Brunswick but the parking there is also running $15.00 / day with a $70 one-way transfer. I'm ready to just park at the pier.

I've been looking for park and cruise deals, but for flyers I've seen the following recommendation ...

"We stayed last year at the Candlewood Suites (Holiday Inn Corp owned) in Jersey City, NJ. Pleasant surprise and very nice one room suite in safe area. The light rail system to go into NYC was 2 blocks away. Shopping center, restaurants, and other services were within walking distance.

The taxi ride to the port was $20.00 without tip. The Candlewood Suites was affordable and on par with Embassy Suites."

Web site info is as follows:

Candlewood Suites

21 SECOND STREET

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07302 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-201-6592500

• 2 weeks later...
I've been looking for park and cruise deals, but for flyers I've seen the following recommendation ...

"We stayed last year at the Candlewood Suites (Holiday Inn Corp owned) in Jersey City, NJ. Pleasant surprise and very nice one room suite in safe area. The light rail system to go into NYC was 2 blocks away. Shopping center, restaurants, and other services were within walking distance.

The taxi ride to the port was $20.00 without tip. The Candlewood Suites was affordable and on par with Embassy Suites."

Is parking for the duration of the cruise (9 nights) available at this hotel?

. I'm looking as far south as New Brunswick but the parking there is also running $15.00 / day with a $70 one-way transfer. I'm ready to just park at the pier.

New Brunswick is an hour train ride to Newark unless you get the express train.

• 1 month later...
I notice that the Candlewood Suites is also listed with Priceline. Thanks for the information.

How far is the port from the hotel? And hotel from the airport?

We were planning on the Hyatt but so far it it sold out!

How far is to walk to public transit to get into Manhattan from the Candlewood Suites?

We were planning on the Hyatt but so far it it sold out!

How far is to walk to public transit to get into Manhattan from the Candlewood Suites?

from the map looks like about 600 yards from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station. a bit of a walk.

perhaps Courtyard could be another backup plan...it's right on top of the Pavonia station.

from the map looks like about 600 yards from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station. a bit of a walk.

perhaps Courtyard could be another backup plan...it's right on top of the Pavonia station.

Thanks for the tip - people I work with who travel there often told me that the Hyatt was right on top of one of the stations so I thought that was the only one. They actually work at a location in Jersey City so I am not sure how often they go into NYC...

Thanks for the tip - people I work with who travel there often told me that the Hyatt was right on top of one of the stations so I thought that was the only one. They actually work at a location in Jersey City so I am not sure how often they go into NYC...

upon further review...candlewood is between the two hotels. so either Path station pavonia/newport or exchange place is roughly the same distance.

Just something to note... if you're not doing valet parking for the Hyatt... the parking deck is a couple blocks away... at the Christopher Columbus and Greene (135 Greene Street). (This building is also known as Harborside 4A and has a Pizzeria Unos and Fat Burger on the ground floor) I used to work in the office above the parking deck.

Doubletree is an ok hotel to stay at. I stayed there a few times for project roll outs. I think there was a local shuttle that went to local places, but not to the cruise port. And I don't think its too far away from the Newport/Pav PATH. However, I was not normally in that area. When I took the PATH, I normally took Exchange Place, as they are correct, it was right next near the Hyatt. Also, in the building next to the Hyatt, there is a CVS for any last minute purchases and a few banks. Markers restaurant is also there too, not too bad. And C-side...which if I recall, you can dine next to the river.

Thx,

Debbie

We just stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for a NYC trip. Excellent hotel. Yes, PATH (subway) is right next to the hotel (newport/pavonia). So convenient. Nice area too. I'd recomment this place in a NY minute..:p This hotel didn't seem like your normal Courtyard business type hotel. Via the PATH, it's only minutes to NYC.

We just stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for a NYC trip. Excellent hotel. Yes, PATH (subway) is right next to the hotel (newport/pavonia). So convenient. Nice area too. I'd recomment this place in a NY minute..:p This hotel didn't seem like your normal Courtyard business type hotel. Via the PATH, it's only minutes to NYC.

did you happen to try the trendy indian restaurant called Cafe Spice across from that station? the lamb appetizer is excellent!

did you happen to try the trendy indian restaurant called Cafe Spice across from that station? the lamb appetizer is excellent!

No we didn't, but we did love that small market, Fresca Gourmet, which was also across the street from PATH. So convenient, plus the food was real good. We went there quite a bit. That's a perfect little location, Newport we liked it a lot.

Archived