any pics of BC cabin on Volendam?

c4me

We're sailing on the 4-12-07 Volendam to the Panama Canal, has anyone posted pictures of the cabin? We're not familiar with this type of cabin, does this cabin have ample closet space and room for two people to walk and not run into each other ???

A BC is a veranda cabin either far forward or aft. It has a whirlpool tub in the bathroon unless it is designated handicapped. It is the same size as the other veranda cabins approx. 290 sq ft including veranda which is a ggod size for cabins at sea. Did you check the deck plans and the virtual tours on HAL's website? Click on our fleet and Volendam and your choices will appear.

We were in both A and B cabins on the Rotterdam VI (same size) and had no trouble with space for the 2 of us. There is lots of storage and closet space and a nice sized BR. There is a slight problem trying to get out to the veranda if the sofa bed is open.

Our friend had a far forward HC cabin and swore that the anchor was under her bed so there is a possibility of anchor noises.

GN

All the B's except the handicap accessible are the same size. The BC's are far aft and forward. The aft ones have connecting doors and we have found that can be a noise problem depending on your neighbors. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Volendam. It is a great ship in our opinion.

Thanks,

We did go to the 360 degree pictures, but they seemed distorted, could not quite tell just how much space was in cabin, you reassured my husband and me somewhat... now just waiting for 4-12-07 to come around.

Frankly, size-wise there is no different between an A, B, BA or BC veranda cabin on the Volendam. They are all the same configuration as you see on HAL's website, the difference is the location of the cabin. We stayed in a BC near the aft and didn't notice any additional noise or difference in the cabin as the other veranda cabins. Hope you enjoy your cruise!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived