Booking Majesty Boston to Bermuda

medotmom58

HI,

Husband and I are frequent cruisers, mostly on RCCL. We are looking at the Boston-Bermuda Majesty cruise for late Sep 07. Not being familiar with NCL, should we book now at what seems like rather high prices or wait for a last minute booking? Anyone have any experience with short notice and low prices on this ship/itinerary? We live in southern NH so driving would be wonderful.

NCL is offering double upgrades and OBC now - just wondering if we should book now or wait. Does NCL lower the cost if the pricing drops prior to final payment? What about if after final payment?

Thanks for any responses from any NCL experienced cruisers.

Jill in NH.

HI,

Husband and I are frequent cruisers, mostly on RCCL. We are looking at the Boston-Bermuda Majesty cruise for late Sep 07. Not being familiar with NCL, should we book now at what seems like rather high prices or wait for a last minute booking? Anyone have any experience with short notice and low prices on this ship/itinerary? We live in southern NH so driving would be wonderful.

NCL is offering double upgrades and OBC now - just wondering if we should book now or wait. Does NCL lower the cost if the pricing drops prior to final payment? What about if after final payment?

Thanks for any responses from any NCL experienced cruisers.

Jill in NH.

Its going to be a strange year with Bermuda. In NY it will be the last full year of the NCL Crown and RC changed the Zenith for a smaller and more expensive R class ship. So prices are up. Traditionally as it comes closer to September(not the high month for tavel to Bermuda) the prices drop. I think they will from Boston this year too but I could be wrong. NCL doesn't necessarily your price if it runs a sale. I don't know if that helps. It depends on whether you have your heart set on going or can take the disappontment of not going..if the cruise sells out- but as I said IMO September there will be sales....but I can't be sure.

It depends on whether you have your heart set on going or can take the disappontment of not going..if the cruise sells out- but as I said IMO September there will be sales....but I can't be sure.

I think that is the key. I talked to NCL today about the 4/23 Boston to Bermuda. I expect it to come down but it hasn't so far. I have a price in my head and if it hits I will book. If not, oh well.

This is one time that I am only worried about price.

Also, to OP-

Please make sure you research the Majesty and understand her limitations regarding freestyle and her age regarding wear and tear. I, and many others, love the ship. I hate when people come back and are disappointed.

Logic dictates that the price may go down, but who knows? Ulitimately you need to decide if it's more important to go on the cruise during that week or save money? (I mean, how disappointed will you be if you don't end up booking?)

If you decide to go ahead and book because that's where you want to go on your vacation, darnit!, then I can at least give you the reassurance that if the price drops between the time you book and your final payment, you'd pay the lesser of the two prices. (I tend to book about 4-6 months out, then keep an eye out for those drops in price!)

But if they suddenly run a promotion, you wouldn't necessarily qualify for that. New bookings often are the only ones that would qualify.

I hope that helps!

We love the Boston/Bermuda cruise! We're going for our fifth time this year!

Booking early does allow you to choose the room of your choice (location, obstructed view, etc). And you can cancel 90 days out w/ no penalty.

The three above posts hit the nail on the head. Also with September being prime hurricane season, if the US gets an early hurricane, prices could drop as consumers get scitish. Conversely, with the Majesty's run from Boston coming to an end many past passengers may book Bermuda for one last time on her.

The Majesty is an older ship and we consider the trip the best economical way to visit Bermuda. We consider it transportation and lodging.

I see you've sailed NCL Dawn. My DD is on her right now. I hope the winds didn't make huge waves on their trip south last night.

I track all the prices throughout the year. I noticed that Fall cruises have the fantastic price drops. If you don't have to book a particular week far ahead, you can get some real bargains 4-6 weeks before sailing. After kids return to school in the Fall, lots of ships have vacant cabins and need to reduce prices to fill them.

I read a rumor on the NCL boards that the Dawn might be taking over the Majesty routes in 2008. We recently sailed NCL Star and the Captain told me that the Dawn is going to do Bermuda cruises but he didn't know from what city or cities. Perhaps they will combine a Boston to Bermuda cruise with another couple ports if they can't stay in Bermuda more than a day or two.

Anyways, if you don't get to Bermuda this Fall, look into sailing in 2008. We sure will be anxious to see what becomes of NCL Dawn after Majesty is taken out of service next year--we hope.

Thanks for all the quick answers. I did a request on for quotes and have several, all a little different; used to RCCL which did not allow for pricing differences.

I know that that Majesty is a smaller ship, not like the Voyager class on RCCL, but it will be nice not have to fly and save money and I have always wanted to see Bermuda.

Guess now we just need to decide what to do.

Jill in NH.

As others have posted, September and the fall months will be the cheapest. The Bermuda cruises rarely come down in pricing when it's high season, spring and summer. That's always been my experience anyway. I booked at the last minute for a September cruise, 3 weeks before cruise. Booked an oceanview guarantee and got the highest oceanview catagory available.

There are many postings about the Majesty and lot's of devoted fans. But she is different from the mega glitz liners. But that was the best cruise and the most wonderful way to see Bermuda. A trip not to be missed!

Thanks for all the quick answers. I did a request on for quotes and have several, all a little different; used to RCCL which did not allow for pricing differences.

I know that that Majesty is a smaller ship, not like the Voyager class on RCCL, but it will be nice not have to fly and save money and I have always wanted to see Bermuda.

Guess now we just need to decide what to do.

Jill in NH.

JILL WE HAVE BEEN ON THE MAJESTY 4 TIMES SINCE 2001... WE JUST BOOKED HER TONIGHT FOR THE 5/20/07 TRIP....WE LOVE HER, HAVE BEEN ON LARGER SHIPS BUT JUST SOMETHING ABOUT HER....LIKE LEAVING OUT OF BOSTON,,,NO FLIGHTS... WE THE RCCL JEWEL OUT OF BOSTON IN 2005...IT WAS AWESOME, BUT WE LOVE THE MAJESTY....

I have been trying to get my husband to go on a cruise since we had a family cruise on AOS last June. He kept talking about 7 days on a boat. I would say SHIP. He said last night Did you know there is a boat (ship) out of Boston in April or May to Bermuda. no air for us driving from the lakes region, so will talk this weekend about picking a date.

Ellen

We decided on 30 Sep. We are going to WDW mid August so this gives us a break. Also, the ship comes back on the day before the Columbus Day holiday so we have an extra day off from work to rest up.

Jill

I'll wave to you as we dis-embark! We're taking the Sept 23-30th cruise out of Boston (and we're in Southern NH, too). Our first cruise ever - and now I'm concerned that we booked too early...We booked through AAA and got a great price (less than what they were showing on the AAA site!). I'm a little concerned about hurricane season, but will take what comes our way! Anyone else going 9/23?

Archived