Mercury FO v 2A cabin question

Alaskita

I have a question about the http://www.celebrity.com website booking page.

When I type in my requirements to the search it comes up with some results sorted into the following categories: Suites, Veranda staterooms, Ocean view staterooms, Inside staterooms.

We definitely want a balcony and so I select Veranda staterooms, all seems logical so far right?

So.. under 'veranda staterooms' I have the option of booking a '2A Deluxe Ocean View' cabin rooms 1161 and 1163 on the Mercury. On the deck plan, rooms 1161 and 1163 are FO family ocean view cabins - which DO NOT have a balcony :mad: .

I'm in Australia and have spoken to my travel agent and also the Celebrity rep here, nobody seems to understand what's going on. I'm going to have to stay up until midnight to call the U.S. and find out whether the room number is wrong or the price is wrong. *annoyed*

FYI, I am trying to book 2ad+2ch into the 4May Mercury ex Vancouver.

Anyone know for sure if those FO cabins are windows with no balcony? Am I just reading the site wrong?

Celebrity has released information about work that will be done on the Mercury during the April 2007 drydock. One of the changes involves the FO category.

"Add 12 new verandas in the aft end of the vessel. The twelve new verandas that are being added on Mercury will be located at the aft of the ship on decks 6 and 8 (those currently categorised as FO - Family Ocean View). These staterooms will now be sold as category 2A's, although they will be 22% larger than other 2A staterooms (210 square feet versus the rest of the 2A's at 172 sq feet), making them a great value for a large, aft facing category 2A stateroom with a veranda."

• 4 weeks later...
I have a question about the http://www.celebrity.com website booking page.

When I type in my requirements to the search it comes up with some results sorted into the following categories: Suites, Veranda staterooms, Ocean view staterooms, Inside staterooms.

We definitely want a balcony and so I select Veranda staterooms, all seems logical so far right?

So.. under 'veranda staterooms' I have the option of booking a '2A Deluxe Ocean View' cabin rooms 1161 and 1163 on the Mercury. On the deck plan, rooms 1161 and 1163 are FO family ocean view cabins - which DO NOT have a balcony :mad: .

I'm in Australia and have spoken to my travel agent and also the Celebrity rep here, nobody seems to understand what's going on. I'm going to have to stay up until midnight to call the U.S. and find out whether the room number is wrong or the price is wrong. *annoyed*

FYI, I am trying to book 2ad+2ch into the 4May Mercury ex Vancouver.

Anyone know for sure if those FO cabins are windows with no balcony? Am I just reading the site wrong?

Did you book either of the 1161 or 1163? We are looking at the same cabins for the 9/14/07 sailing to Alaska. I want to know for sure that the cabin will have a veranda by that time. I called Celebrity and they had no idea what I was talking about. RRRRGGGGHHHH!

"Add 12 new verandas in the aft end of the vessel. The twelve new verandas that are being added on Mercury will be located at the aft of the ship on decks 6 and 8 (those currently categorised as FO - Family Ocean View). These staterooms will now be sold as category 2A's, although they will be 22% larger than other 2A staterooms (210 square feet versus the rest of the 2A's at 172 sq feet), making them a great value for a large, aft facing category 2A stateroom with a veranda."

It's safe to say, they will not be adding balconies on deck 6 aft. Deck 6 aft is the restaurant. The FOs are on deck 8 and 10. 9 on deck 8 and 5 on deck 10. I wonder which two they will not convert

Archived