Inside Staterooms on Spirit (is aft bad?)

missingmaui

We've finally decided on 2 sets of rooms, and I need help deciding which ones we should book for a Western Caribbean sailing on the Spirit in March 2008.

Option #1- Mid-ship inside staterooms on deck 9 (Cat JJ). 149 Square feet.

Option #2- Aft inside staterooms on deck 9 (Cat JJ). 190 Square feet.

The rooms are the same price. Obviously the larger room would be more comfortable, but I'm nervous to be so far back on the ship. Will the motion we more noticable in the aft cabins? I'm leaning towards booking the larger rooms, but I don't want to get sick (I'm prone to motion sickness, anyway). HELP!! :eek:

We've finally decided on 2 sets of rooms, and I need help deciding which ones we should book for a Western Caribbean sailing on the Spirit in March 2008.

Option #1- Mid-ship inside staterooms on deck 9 (Cat JJ). 149 Square feet.

Option #2- Aft inside staterooms on deck 9 (Cat JJ). 190 Square feet.

The rooms are the same price. Obviously the larger room would be more comfortable, but I'm nervous to be so far back on the ship. Will the motion we more noticable in the aft cabins? I'm leaning towards booking the larger rooms, but I don't want to get sick (I'm prone to motion sickness, anyway). HELP!! :eek:

Aft doesn't move as much as forward, but it will move more than midships. For the same cash, I recommend aft and the larger cabin.

The only disadvantage being so far aft is the vibration you'll feel from the propellers, which are strong on the Spirit.

When we were on the Spirit last year we were inside in the front. It was fine. I would think that the back would get a lot of vibrations. We were sitting in the main dining room Windows and could feel the vibrations and were wondering when the chandelier was going to come down.:rolleyes:

I would chose the front or the mid.

Archived