BOSS Excursion

cbabe

Has anyone done the BOSS excursion in St. Thomas? If so how was it? It looks like a lot of fun, so I booked it for my upcoming cruise in May, but I would like to hear from someone who has done it. How do you get in the thing? How long is the underwater tour?...and anything else you can think of... THANKS!!:D

Has anyone done the BOSS excursion in St. Thomas? If so how was it? It looks like a lot of fun, so I booked it for my upcoming cruise in May, but I would like to hear from someone who has done it. How do you get in the thing? How long is the underwater tour?...and anything else you can think of... THANKS!!:D

We did it in January. I am still thrilled thinking about it. My Sis and I, (70 & 65 yrs old) and two friends went together. We were in the first group of 12 into the water, so it was all new. The 25 minutes flew by, seemed like 5. After we were thru, we got to watch the 2nd and third groups go. There was snorkeling and wimming, even waterslides on the boat. A super friendly crew, very helpfiul, including the divers that go with you. Wouldn't have missed this for anything!:) :)

You will love the experience. We have done this in St. Thomas and in Cozumel. They are both great, but the St. Thomas experience had an awesome crew, nicer coral formations and was our favorite excursion. There is plenty of time to snorkle too.

Eric

You climb off the rear platform and get into the water. The BOSS/BOB is surfaced right near you. A diver assists you in getting in. It is simply a matter of putting your head a few inches under water and sliding into the air pocket inside. It does not feel closed in at all. The divers help you submerge to the 12 - 15' and you follow the course they tell you. It is a blast. Be sure to bring some disposable underwater cameras from home. The divers will take some great photos of you with fish all around you. There are safety divers right by you at all times. Everyone on board that excursion had a great time.

Eric

It was the most memorable part of a great cruise. If you like, go the link below of my cruise pics. I think it is Page 2 that shows our excursion. My wife who wears contacts and was afraid of snorkeling, loved this excursion. I heard they have it in Cozumel, so we are doing it again.

I'm planning on going on this also in March. Still curious, how do you get into it??? Anyone have any photos they took?

To get into it you swim underwater, guided by divers, and up into the bubble. The divers make it real easy. Below is my wife and I on our 25th anniversary. (The divers even helped with underwater photos with our camera.

bob3.jpg

There are safety divers right by you at all times.

Eric

Sorry to be monopolize this thread, but this reminded me of what one of the divers said in the training part.

"If in event of a shark being spotted form a circle and the divers will get in the middle of it."

Archived