In-room bar set-up

celticheart47

I know that the liquor questions have been done to death but I didn't see an answer to this question anywhere. We will be sailing on the Star on 3/14 and do plan to bring a couple of bottles of wine aboard and will gladly pay the corkage as these are very special gifts. We are not going to try and sneak hard stuff aboard but have read messages indicating in-room bar setups. We are in a butler service penthouse suite (10500) and figured this did not include the compimentary bottles but wondered about purchasing a bar set-up. Can this be ordered for the penthouse suites? Anyone know what the cost is, do you have to pre-order and, if so, how? Can this service be ordered after boarding the ship? May be wishful thinking but the idea of a drink on the balcony at our leisure does sound great.

First of all, welcome to CC!

If you plan to bring wine on board, I suggest you put it in your carry-on -- that way you won't have to go to the "naughty room" to claim your luggage.

For a bar setup, you must e-mail the ship coordinator at least two weeks prior to your cruise (in your case, shipcoordinatorstar@ncl.com). If you do a search on the boards you'll find that someone (I believe it was Shoreguy) has posted a copy of the bar setup menu with prices, and you may even find the name of the ship coordinator for the Star.

The bar setup is a great idea -- we do order one for every cruise we go on! Enjoy your cruise, and enjoy your beautiful suite!

Thank you for the info. We really are looking forward to this trip. Husband has been working at home while I have been living in Arizona helping my Mom for the past year and a half. My Dad had cancer and past away the end of October. During that time we have missed being together for 1 Thanksgiving, 1 Christmas, 2 New Years, 39th and 40th Anniversaries, 2 Valentines, 3 Birthdays, and my husbands retirement Feb. 1. Making up a lot of time in one trip.

Archived