How Are The Pools On The Magic????

bahbah

I believe the pools are a salt system .

They are not very big compared to most ship. They look bigger due to the deck around them.

Mickey pool and family pool get very busy and crowded with kids most of the day, but go out after about 7 P.M. and you've pretty much got them to yourself.

Adult pool is never crowded, mostly people lounging on the deck area which has afew inches of water around it that you can sit or lay in.

The actual pool is about 15x30, just about that, like i said it looks larger because of the shallow water deck around it.

No kids allowed so never crowded.

Adult hot tubs are very nice too!!

You can check the water temperature on your TV. each pool will vary according to weather , and amount of people in them. They only vary a couple of degrees.

Hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

just back from magic...pools packed with kids...they were jumping off anything they could landing mostly on top of other children...no supervision at pool...hot tub no better---me and 8 kids with masks going under the water...disney is a joke--no supervision anywhere on the ship=kids all ages running and screaming in halls day and night...

Just back from WOnder. The mickey pool was crowded. But I do wish we all could slide down the slide like Carnival does. Goofy family pool was neverl really bad crowded but there was no sea day. I alternate between the Goofy and adult pool depends on what is being shown on the big screen. It is harder for me to get into the Goofy pool as it as a sunken pool. I have had 5 knee surgeries so the Cove Pool was nice and warm around 86 and the hot tubs were very nice and 88. But on seadays last Oct all pools were crowded and hard to get a chair after 9am.

Lexi

Yes the pools are small on the disney ship. They have to take the ocean water and convert it into non salt water. This maybe why they are smaller than some other ships that only have saltwater. None the less, it is a disney cruise and you are going to have a blast!

ugh. i was just noticing in photos that the pools looked small and was concerned. now after reading this i am really concerned. we chose the eastern itinerary so we'd have an extra sea day to enjoy the ship...and with 2 children - we will be at the pools and in the sun mostly i hope/think.

kids jumping unsupervised on top of other kids scares me. where are the parents? they should have their children behaving like they would at a families pool. we have a pool and kids know the safety rules. anyhow, that is disappointing to hear.

are the lounges hard to find/to get close to the pool so you can watch the kids and sun? i want an easy vacation, not one where i feel i have to run to the pool area at 8am to get a good lounge. i remember doing that in Cuba at a crowded resort and it drove me bonkers.

forget 8 am...try 6:30 am....

if you're looking for characters go to disneyworld...if you want a more relaxing,well organized cruise, go to royal caribbean---they have much newer ships...royal's kid camp is less crowded for children-more attention from camp...more crafts....my kids 5 & 9 get bored real quick...

royal food much better than disney...AND disney prices are 3x as high for kids...my expectations were sky high...what a joke....

The pools are fresh water.

On a ship pools are a stability headache for the naval architect. They are heavy, way up high to get them in the sun and sloshy which subtracts from the stability. Don't expect to see big pools on a ship. They'll have to give up a lot of cabins to get them.

• 3 weeks later...

hi. just back from the magic. the pools are fresh water. the pools and hot tubs are both extremely small and always crowded. we never had a problem finding chairs. most of the time people just throw towels on them in the morning and those same towels are still there hours later. if there isn't a person, or personal belongings in the chair, its fair game in my book.

just back from magic...pools packed with kids...they were jumping off anything they could landing mostly on top of other children...no supervision at pool...hot tub no better---me and 8 kids with masks going under the water...disney is a joke--no supervision anywhere on the ship=kids all ages running and screaming in halls day and night...

ah, no.

Got off the Magic on the 10th. The goofy pool had ships staff there. The family pool should have family to supervise. There is a adult pool that we always noted was much less crowded and had lots of chairs available.

We never had a problem with kids being loud in the halls. Twice while in the common stair way areas I saw a small kid having a meltdown. Occassionally we would hear a kid running down the hall. Over all our stateroom was pretty quiet and it was even a measurement on the DCL quality rating card that we filled out at the end of the trip.

I took notice that there was always ships staff that would 'show up' and just stand around. I think that this is their 'duty' to ensure that passenger on passenger friction is dealt with quickly, and that the rules are being followed.

Overall, I had no problems with other people's kids while on board. Some of the adults I had problems with, but not the kids.

The pools are really small, particularly the family pool, which got to be very crowded.

-- sailordude.

All pools are fresh water and the fact that they have 3 pools for the guests spreads out the load. The adult pool is the least crowded, while the Goofy and Mickey pools can get crowded. My kids liked the pools because they weren't filled with salt water.

Its really not as bad as they made it out to seem. The pools are smaller, but this is just because they are older than a lot of the newer, bigger ships. Compared to other ships built at that time, the pools are relatively the same size. There are a lot of children in the pool, but they arn't as wild as it is made to seem.

The jumbotron in the am has cartons like MM Playhouse later in the afternoon there were movies like the Little Mermaid, Nemo, Love Bug, after Pirate Night it was one of the Pirate movies. The every evening around 10pm there is another movie. Just read the Navigator. where long pants and bring a sweater and sweat shirt.

Lexi

hi. just back from the magic. the pools are fresh water. the pools and hot tubs are both extremely small and always crowded. we never had a problem finding chairs. most of the time people just throw towels on them in the morning and those same towels are still there hours later. if there isn't a person, or personal belongings in the chair, its fair game in my book.

Thank you, I totally agree. It says right on the chairs that saving seats isn't allowed. If you don't see anyone around it within 15-20 minutes,I say go for it. Incidentally,we have no kids and have just booked our 3rd cruise with the Mouse...this one will be the 15 day Repo in Aug. '08. Did a 7 Day Eastern last Sept. and a 7 Day Land/Sea in '04. And when the new ships are done, I plan on booking again. :)

Your'e on a Disney ship, there's going to be kids and it also depends on the time of year that you go. The shorter trips will have more families than the longer ones, just like on any other cruise line.

We just returned from a 7 night Western Caribbean (March 10th sailing). While the pools were a little crowded they weren't as crowded as I anticipated. We had no problem getting two loungers at the Goofy Pool at 10:30 am. There always seemed to be seating if you wanted to move in the direction of the Adult Pool or to the top deck. My seven year old loved the Mickey Slide. There are a lot of activities at the Goofy Pool. During our afternoon we observed ice carving, Goofy Aerobics and High School Musical was shown on the big screen!! There are games and entertainment along Deck 9 all day on sea days!!

We have been on two Disney Cruises and have had no issues with out of control children. Parents are near by the Mickey Pool for supervision and staff seems to appear whenever needed. (I am not above gently playing Mom to other's children. After all it takes a village.) Overall the corridors are quiet and as we have children we tend to rise early and go to bed early!!

We have had a great time on both cruises and we traveled in multi-generational groups!

Archived