Insignia, October 10, 2004

Juanito

My wife and I are excited about our first Mediterranean cruise. I have been reading the posts on this board and find them very useful. Thank you all. Does anyone have any experience with the weather in this area in mid-October? Will the Tapas Grill be too cold for al fresco dining? Do you recommend the excursion packages offered by Oceania?

Thanks

Juanito

We just booked that cruise today! The free airfare was too good to resist.

We're not big fans of ship sponsored shore excursions, but may do the Amalfi drive tour. I think it's great that Oceania posts detailed information about the shore excursions on their web site.

I may look into hiring private guides, especially if we can link up with some other people. Is that something you might be interested in?

On the yahoo board, I met another couple on "our' sailing with whom we seem to be quite compatible. If you email me at [email]andeebram@wi.rr.com[/email], we can talk about the trip.

We must be on the cruise right after yours! The weather is really nice in October, not too hot, not too cold. Most days around low 70's. Not sure where you are going, but it will be warmer in Athens and the more southern areas. I wear capris a lot with short sleeve or sleeveless tops, but take cardigan sweaters for those cooler mornings. Remember that sleeveless tops and shorts are not what one should wear to churches, etc. If you take a light cardigan sweater that works well.

Archived