self parking NYC terminal question

TRESE

We are doing this for the first time also, I found some information on the Internet...just typed Cruise Port in NYC into Yahoo. The address is 12th Ave and 55th Street. There was a phone number listed 212-641-4454. It says 24 a day to park or monthly fee is 180 which is the best bet if it is like ours, an 8 day cruise...hope this helps!

PK

Thank you all for answering my thread. I read all the info on parking. I read that after the cruise, the driver of the car has to go alone to get the car, then go down the south ramp to pick up the rest of their party. I guess what i need to know is where is the best place for the rest of the party to wait, as to be close to where the driver exits the lot. Did that make sense?? LOL.... i appreciate anyone that has done this before to answer. Can you tell i'm nervous?? We are going on the Miracle on May 3rd-11th.....anyone else? Thanks in advance.....Theresa :D

Thank you all for answering my thread. I read all the info on parking. I read that after the cruise, the driver of the car has to go alone to get the car, then go down the south ramp to pick up the rest of their party. I guess what i need to know is where is the best place for the rest of the party to wait, as to be close to where the driver exits the lot. Did that make sense?? LOL.... i appreciate anyone that has done this before to answer. Can you tell i'm nervous?? We are going on the Miracle on May 3rd-11th.....anyone else? Thanks in advance.....Theresa :D

No he goes down the north ramp and reenters the same road where you were dropped off. The luggage people will show you were to wait(which is south of the cab line). Relax this is really easy.

When embarking the driver drops you and the luggage off with the baggage handlers(for the luggage going on the ship). The driver then takes the car to the south ramp up to park the car. he parks the car normally on the finger pier that you are leaving from(after the car is inspected by a bomb sniffing dog) and parks and then takes the escaltor down to meet you- normally where he drops you off. Disembarking. You get a luggage handler to take you and all the luggage out to the curb. The Driver goes up and gets the car drives it down the north ramp to the road level where he dropped you off. You flag him down load the luggage and off you go---this time taking the down ramp at the end to the street not the one back up to the car park....

It's was very easy when we were in NYC last Jan & Nov '06. Embarkation is as stated, but debarkation for us was even easier. It may depend on on the porter you get, but in Jan he took all our bags (w/ us) from inside the retrieval area, out and up the elevator to the parking area, and loaded all of us (w/ luggage) after my husband moved the car closer. It was great. In Nov, we did early debarkation on our own and brought our own bags off the ship, up the elevator and out to the cars ... just as easy, if you can handle wheeling your own bags off the ship. The only downside is that someone had keyed our car in Jan along the whole passenger side. This was the 6th or 7th time we've parked there and the 1st time we've had any damage. But it's definitely a good experience and we'd park there again. Good luck.

Smeyer & Zackamo,

Thank you again. My DH seems to think we need to drive there ahead of time and check it all out.....but after reading your answers, i dont think we will. Like i told him, i'm sure there is someone there to help. I feel better now!!!:D :D Thanks again Theresa

shoot....i forgot to ask if you have to make reservations to park...or just drive up?? And the directions say you have to go past the terminal and do a U-turn to head back in the right direction.....I've been there once but we were dropped off by a shuttle bus and i really didnt see a ramp.....please help again......sorry if i'm a pain in the a$$....:rolleyes: Theresa

LOL...no reservations BUT the parking lot has never been full. I am not sure what they mean but when you drive up the ramp to drop your luggage and people off you go up a ramp that is at 54th street. You get there by either coming down the west side highway(southbound) or making a left and a U turn when coming North and again heading south you then head down the road drop off you loved ones and the bags(or the bags and your clothing-that should get your SO going) and drive to the end stay on your right and go up the ramp to the top deck(yes you are now heading north again). Yous pays your money and they tell you which finger pier to park at driving North to that pier. You get out take the escalator or elevator down and meet you SO and the carry on bags...the checked ones being sent ahead. When you get off the luggage people take you bags out to the curb you go up to the parking area. You leave it and go North and take the North Ramp down(don't go on the side the cabs are on) and now you are heading south again. You get the bags and the baggage get on your way headed south and take the left ramp down(if you take the right one you are back up to the parking lot again). You won't be able to check it out ahead of time its closed unless a ship is in port and sometimes at the bottom they check for tickets...It really is easy just go and don't worry about it.

Smeyer,

We will be coming across the GW bridge and coming down 9A, so already heading south. So when we disembark, thats when we will have to do the Uturn to head north on 9A. Right?? Yea...i know, i'm just being anal!! Thank you for all the information, you really helped alot!! and i appreciate it.................Theresa;)

Parking at the Pier is one of the best ways to do it. All you do is drop your bags off drive up to the top of the pier( let the dogs sniff your car) and park walk down and you are there. Some times they have you park on another pier but only a couple minute walk and they are all hook together.

Smeyer,

We will be coming across the GW bridge and coming down 9A, so already heading south. So when we disembark, thats when we will have to do the Uturn to head north on 9A. Right?? Yea...i know, i'm just being anal!! Thank you for all the information, you really helped alot!! and i appreciate it.................Theresa;)

yes when you get to the light at the end(bottom) of the ramp you turn left to go up 12th avenue which will lead you directly to 9a North...can't miss it...

Smeyer has got to be one of the most knowledgeable NYC cruisers I have ever heard...

You are a font of knowledge and the boards are lucky to have you.

I thought I knew a lot about the city... but you are "THE MAN!"

I tell ya what, i feel so much better after the help i recieved here!!! I'm not nervous anymore, just ANXIOUS as hell..........thank you thank you thank you...................................kisses, Trese

Archived