Rhapsody - What Did Improve?

troywest

I'm sorry to hear of the post dry-dock problems with Rhapsody; but I'm interested in knowing what improvements WERE made.

I did hear of new bedding. Did they install new carpet?

Did they add a Specialty Restaurant?

One poster suggested that there may be new cabin phones. Do they now offer flat rate in-cabin internet access on Rhapsody?

I have not tried it because I refuse to carry my laptop on a cruise but I have a friend that cant go to the bathroom without his, it seems that way anyway. he has used his on Rhapsody and said the wireless connection is about like using dialup, so about like the connection in the internet cafe. You do have to be in the Centrum for it to work.

You might get lucky because you are close to the Centrum but with the metal etc on the ship, hard to say. Maybe someone that has been in one and tried this will pop up and say so.

I'm going to show my stupidity... but what's an air card? Is it a prepaided calling card?

We've used the internet cafe in the past so I have had the pleasure of the bill (wink) Dh and I have an online business so we have to stay connected, the only downside I can find for cruising for us.

An "aircard" plugs into a slot on your laptop, and acts -essentially- as a wireless card that gets its signal from GSM cell-sites. Most wireless GSM carriers (e.g. Cingular & T-Mobile) have cheap unlimited use domestic aircard plans.

BUT, when roaming internationally, aircard usage costs can go to the moon.

What I don't know is:

(1) Do the ships' cell sites support aircards?, and if they do,

(2) What is the cost?

After checking with Mr Wolf - who is the official user, he said it worked in port and can work at sea depending on your provider's coverage - kind of like a cell phone. Also - if you are Crown & Anchor you will get a few coupons to use as well.

Archived